Can't sleep....

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Can't sleep....

Postby Irving » 20 Jul 2019, 03:56

Having a severe bout of insomnia in last few months. I find myself falling asleep during the day, but go to bed and I'm wide awake. I've tried OTC remedies, I've forced myself to leave the phone alone (I have it on the bed in case I have to call PA), and I've been to the doc but prescribed meds either have little effect or leave me brain dead all day (more so than the lack of sleep). Alcohol in moderation has little effect or just gives me a headache.

Ideas anyone... (and not narcotics)...
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Re: Can't sleep....

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jul 2019, 04:56

You could count sheep?

Personally I am becoming nocturnal. And when not sleeping at night I watch hoppy. A 24/7 LIVE view. So far I saw a test firing, and a 2nd test firing that causes a fire 20 stories high. To know whats going on watch this quick history. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imiCN4eW1NE

This week they are goig to start hover tests to just a few meters. Then eventually up to 90k feet. This is a test bed, a low resolution representation of the starship mars rocket thingy. Basically a new engine test bed.

youtu.be/EHL3v4_w1WY
CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE LINK FOR THE CHAT, TO SEE WHATS HAPPENING. THIS IS A LIVE LINK. MOSTLY HAPPENS AFTER MIDNIGHT IF YOU LIVE IN THE UK.

NEW TESTS START NEXT WEEK, MONDAY ONWARDS AFTER THIS HAPPENED...

youtu.be/UPqyJjFPAuE

Home, with clips and info
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFwMIT ... 6PoJoh1OUQ
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 20 Jul 2019, 08:39

Visualisation and not head talk can help you drop off. Visualise a travelling a particular route or round a park etc, and ignore brain chatter.

Or as BM says visualise counting sheep! Lol

It's the visualisation that can help you drop off. Also one way to tire your eyes is close eyes and stare at point in forehead. It why hypnotists classically dangle a watch above eyeline and get you to stare at it.

Alternatively lots of this drunk2
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jul 2019, 09:40

My old dog would sleep really deep after a long walk, run at the beach etc. Otherwise he would be awake all day and night.

So maybe a good long excersize session. Very hard in a chair. I dont worry about sleep. Sometimes dont at all. I will sleep when tired. Hence rocket watching! Or learning something.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 20 Jul 2019, 10:31

Burgerman wrote:My old dog would sleep really deep after a long walk, run at the beach etc. Otherwise he would be awake all day and night.

So maybe a good long excersize session. Very hard in a chair. I dont worry about sleep. Sometimes dont at all. I will sleep when tired. Hence rocket watching! Or learning something.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, reading research papers... Some are so boring you'd think that they'd put you to sleep but no

I've tried the 'headspace' visualisation stuff, downloaded multiple apps, but they have no effect or just bore me...
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby Scooterman » 20 Jul 2019, 10:52

Burgerman wrote: I will sleep when tired.

I'm with you on that.

Splashing about in the pool is tiring but it's a real faff getting changed drying and waiting for pool hoist ete, plus it's cold. I stopped going cos it increased pain levels rather than decrease like it's supposed to do czy

But it depends on degree of disability cos some people need help in pool.
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jul 2019, 12:34

After watching what happened (quite regularly) in the pool in my spinal injuries unit I am going nowhere near a pool.

Remember that quads etc have no bowel control. I saw all the OTs abandon matty, (and 3 other spina injured patients) and rapidly leave the pool. All were left bobbing about with floats attached Oh how I laughed! A brown frothy film floated up from matty, and when it reached the surface it floated and started to spead and expand. The other paraplegics/quads floating helplessely in the pool, eyes widened as they saw it coming and were desperately trying to move away. :lol: Unsuccessefully.

The OTs have seen this before, and dissapeared in milliseconds. They then just WAIT a bit as the stuff floats to the edges of the pool where it overflows into the filters. And then they clean the pool edges with a broom. And aparently thats enough due to chlorine. So nope. Not going into a pool.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 20 Jul 2019, 13:13

That's so funny! :lol:

It reminds me of that episode of Bendidorm (I think?), when there's a jobbie floating in the swimming pool and they play the jaws music.
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jul 2019, 22:04

Well when you have had a couple of mouthfuls of that water in your mouth, nose, eyes already it would tend to make you think!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 25 Jul 2019, 20:54

Spacex launch and landing of falcon 9 in 2 hours https://www.spacex.com/webcast
Spacex huge flying test bed hopper about to be tested in 2 hours to 9 hours. If you dont sleep... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsBr9JJNrBw
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 26 Jul 2019, 13:47

Both launches went as planned. But I didnt see the hoppy one! Too much dust/smoke etc. But it went up, landed in a different place regardless. And set fire to everything, oncluding the national park its in, and all the grasslands... That hoppy seems to love fire. Hes either on fire, or causing it. Thats 3 times now!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 13 Aug 2019, 01:24

Attachments
EBfZWd7UwAANdnG.jpg large.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything