Adobe Editable Writing ?

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Adobe Editable Writing ?

Postby expresso » 10 Oct 2019, 03:02

using adobe to edit something - is it possible to copy and paste a Signature from one page to another black page ? i am not sure if it can be done - but if it can - does anyone know how i can do that ?
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Re: Adobe Editable Writing ?

Postby LROBBINS » 10 Oct 2019, 08:14

Essentially do it many times each month. Just copy the sig to an image file (jpg or other), then use the sign tool in adobe reader to insert that files as your signature in the new document.
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 08:16

Yes.

You can open .pdf files in for e.g. windows/office 2019, and it converts them to word docs. So you can edit them, change whatever you wish, tick boxes, add pages, add your signiture, whatever. Then save as .PDF (or even PRINT as .pdf is also an option in windows).
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 08:27

For e.g. I just added my signiture to the bottom of this chinese lithium battery PDF adobe document.

Removed !!! but trust me its easy.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 10 Oct 2019, 08:36

Burgerman wrote:For e.g. I just added my signiture to the bottom of this chinese lithium battery PDF adobe document.

Hope that wasn't your real signature :D
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 08:39

Yep. But low res.

Signitures dont matter. I often sign cheques D. Duck, they still go through.

But you are right. I will remove it!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 10 Oct 2019, 09:04

Burgerman wrote:Yep. But low res.

Signitures dont matter. I often sign cheques D. Duck, they still go through.

But you are right. I will remove it!

Cheques??? I can't remember the last time I used one... Even my window cleaner does online payments now (he reckons it pays not using petrol to collect payment).
C5/6 A (complete)
Irving

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 10:34

Cash, and cheques ALWAYS work.

I have twice had payday and buying issues which caused mayhem trying to pay digitally when TSB screwed up their website and system for months. And ended up with overdraft and unplaned charges, having to go to a different bank, to BORROW money to pay my carers, and masses of frustration and hours of corrective work. And unhappy staff that also got bank charges because they couldnt pay their own bills/mortgages. All since the TSB online decided I wasnt me (I was and I was using the correct passwords etc) and removed all access to ALL of my accounts. All because their online system was all screwed up. This was in the newws and went on for 4 months! I could even get access to OTHER PEOPLES accounts... But not mine.

So now, I always keep chequebooks and at least enough cash for wages in real folding. Because that always works. Albeit kept in a rather inconvenient safe place that isnt on my own property! But I can get it in 10 mins. Because electronic stuff is OK if and when its working.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 10 Oct 2019, 11:51

I've been with First Direct since they started telephone banking and online since before 2000 (it seems like forever now). In all that time I have never had a problem accessing my accounts, getting money, or paying someone. I rarely use cash these days, physical stuff is a hassle for me. Contactless is great.
C5/6 A (complete)
Irving

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 13:32

Right up till it fails.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banki ... -complain/

Have a read. Caused me nothing short of a month of hell. A box of cash hidden away for emergencies always works. I recommend it!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 10 Oct 2019, 14:47

Burgerman wrote:Right up till it fails.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banki ... -complain/

Have a read. Caused me nothing short of a month of hell. A box of cash hidden away for emergencies always works. I recommend it!

Yes, I followed TSB's self-inflicted stupidity when it happened as one of my offspring used them; fortunately i was in a position to help out... suffice to say they aren't with TSB any more but went to Natwest - not entirely sure that was a good move.

The thing about FD is that ALL they do is online banking and they are pretty robust at it. Back in the day (early 90's) I was involved with one of the 'big 6' doing computer audit work and FD were a client and we thought their approach to resilience etc. pretty robust then. Its even better now. Its one of the reasons I decided to go with them.
C5/6 A (complete)
Irving

Postby expresso » 10 Oct 2019, 17:49

LROBBINS wrote:Essentially do it many times each month. Just copy the sig to an image file (jpg or other), then use the sign tool in adobe reader to insert that files as your signature in the new document.

how do i copy the sign to an image file and then i can insert it on another blank page if needed ?

this would make things easier once i figure it out correctly
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 19:23

Same as you would with any image, or image editing software.

A mix of screenshots, image editing, copy/paste ctrl/c and ctrl/v and save file as a new image or copy tand past it into whatever you are editing the pdf with. Personally I use word... But theres many ways. Theres many ways to do this. Its like asking how build a treehouse. You know how windows and its software works, and this is no different.

What EXACTLY do you want to do?

In word, you add a page by hitting the entre key till you need another page. Then past in your image. Or whatever you copy to the clipboard. Then save as PDF.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 19:34

I just added 1 page and 1 link, and 1 image to this in under 1 minute...

I opened the PDF with word, added the extra stuff,on an extra page and resaved it as a PDF file...
Attachments
100Ah.pdf
(189.25 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 10 Oct 2019, 19:36

i never done it before - the documents are scanned into my computer as an image file i believe - i converted it to Adobe PDF - since i have the adobe that i can edit - i click edit and it shows me what editable - i then ran my mouse over the Sig. i want to lift off - i click copy -

then open the blank one - but i dont get a paste option then - i am doing something wrong - not correctly - if theres an easier way with word - i will try that way - how do i convert an image file to a word document ? then edit it - copy past a Sig. from one to another -

i am sure its simple once i figure out the correct way to do it - till then - its not simple
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 19:41

Are you opening an IMAGE file or a PDF file?

If its PDF modern version of WORD can open, edit, re-save those. I do this all the time. Trying to edit stuff in adobe PDF is a fight, and its expensive, and it wont do what you want it to.

If you use computers much, all this stuff is basic PC driving. I have hundreds of ways to do the same thing. Some work really easily. Some are a pig (adobe) etc.

There is no correct way. Theres lots of ways that are all different!
I just think of the fastest way or the easiest way. Right now on this laptop I dont have the adobe stuff installed at all.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 10 Oct 2019, 19:45

Burgerman wrote:I just added 1 page and 1 link, and 1 image to this in under 1 minute...

I opened the PDF with word, added the extra stuff,on an extra page and resaved it as a PDF file...

i cant seem to make it work - i opened the pdf with word - i have a Signature - i want to copy it exactly the same way and paste it in another blank doc.
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 19:50

And what stops you?

This baffles me.

>>>i have a Signature -

Is this a jpg. a gif, or do you have it copied to the clipboard? If so from where?

>>>i want to copy it exactly the same way and paste it in another blank doc.

Is this an image? How are you copying that? If its an image you can select it, copy and then paste into a new place, page, or document. If its a part of an image, do a screen shot, and open in an image edditing suite like photoshop or whatever, and select the AREA you want, copy to clip, paste into word. Or save as an image on your desktop.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 10 Oct 2019, 19:50

the documents are scanned to my computer as an image file - since i wanted to edit it - change a date or what ever - i converted it to adobe so i can use adobe to edit it - for simple things it works - but now i want to see if i can copy paste the Signature on this also - lift if off one document and past it on another blank one

i never done that before - i figure i could just use my cursor high light it - copay and paste it - but dosnt work for me that way -

i am using a brother MFC printer - and just scan the documents - i guess it saves it as an image file - since i never had to do this - it was fine - but now that i want to copy the Sig. - giving me a hard time
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 19:56

So you changed an image to an adobe pdf? Why?

You needed to open the image in photoshop, or similar, select the bit you need, then save that as a new image called signiture.gif or .jpg.

NOW you can past that into any word document or post it up here...

You got everything back asswards. Your PDF file is just a single image.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 10 Oct 2019, 19:56

Burgerman wrote:And what stops you?

This baffles me.

>>>i have a Signature -

Is this a jpg. a gif, or do you have it copied to the clipboard? If so from where?

>>>i want to copy it exactly the same way and paste it in another blank doc.

Is this an image? How are you copying that? If its an image you can select it, copy and then paste into a new place, page, or document. If its a part of an image, do a screen shot, and open in an image edditing suite like photoshop or whatever, and select the AREA you want, copy to clip, paste into word. Or save as an image on your desktop.

I have a document that gets signed with a pen - i fill it out - my carers sign it etc, - i then scan it to save it on my computer for my records - i want to now copy the sig. on that form thats been signed with a pen and scanned to my computer - it does go to my computer as an image file i believe - i dont want to copy the whole thing - just the Sig. of the carer and transfer that Sig. only the same way to another blank form -
expresso

Postby steves1977uk » 10 Oct 2019, 19:59

expresso, try this small program which scans documents as a PDF file... https://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microsoft/WinScan2PDF

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 10 Oct 2019, 20:00

Burgerman wrote:So you changed an image to an adobe pdf? Why?

You needed to open the image in photoshop, or similar, select the bit you need, then save that as a new image called signiture.gif or .jpg.

NOW you can past that into any word document or post it up here...

You got everything back asswards. Your PDF file is just a single image.

at first i needed to just change a date or a number etc, so i converted it to adobe pdf - since i have the editable version and changed those items i needed to change - thats fine - but now i want to try to do the Sig. also and cant figure that out - if i try to convert it to word - it comes up garbage - the format etc, maybe when i scan it into my computer - i have to see if i have other options instead of image file
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 20:02

So stop scanning it or turning it into a PDF file.

Its a photograph. It can be saved as such. As a bitmap. A jpg, (compressed) a tiff (non compressed but huge file) a .gif, small file, transparent background, less colours, but does not get distorted when compressed. So perfect for documents and webstuff, screen shots etc.,

Then you edit that by selecting ONLY the signiture, and saving it as a file on your desktop. You can then paste that into your blank form image, the same way. What is confusing you is that you saved the photo from a scanner as a PDF file for reasons that elude me. You dont want that.#
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 20:03

Scan and save blank and original forms as .gif files. And they will be small. Email them to me and I will do it for you... It will be way quicker!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 10 Oct 2019, 20:05

steves1977uk wrote:expresso, try this small program which scans documents as a PDF file... https://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microsoft/WinScan2PDF

Steve

thanks - i just looked over my software for my brother printer i use to scan things - i will try the other option to see - says OCR - says i can scan it to a file and can pick word or notepad - then i should be able to edit it with word if i pick word and if ends up correct after it gets scanned - not sure why i never done it that way before i might have and for some reason it didnt work - but will try it again and see if that solves the whole issue

the file i am working with were all scanned to computer as image file - so maybe thats the reason i am having a hard time to do a simple task - i would think
expresso

Postby expresso » 10 Oct 2019, 20:06

Burgerman wrote:Scan and save blank and original forms as .gif files. And they will be small. Email them to me and I will do it for you... It will be way quicker!

PM your email - i will do that later i have to rescan them -
expresso

Postby LROBBINS » 10 Oct 2019, 20:11

Depending on the pdf you may, or may not, be able to click on the sig and right click it and select "copy" from the dropdown - with some pdf however, this will give you a solid black box. It seems that the pdf you made just contains an image of the whole document, rather than text lines + image etc.

Here's a way that always works (and I don't have nor do I want to have, MS Word so can't use John's way of doing things, I do have WordPerfect X8 and it can also read and write pdf, but I find it cumbersome for extracting a signature image). Open the image in an image editor (I use IrfanView with it's pdf plugin - it's freeware). Drag a box around the sig and then Edit/Crop. You now have the signature and can save it as any kind of image file (IrfanView can write many different types).
LROBBINS

Postby expresso » 10 Oct 2019, 20:24

i downloaded that one - i will first try it when i first scan it to my computer - will change how i scan it - and see if that works first - would be easier
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 10 Oct 2019, 20:38

Yes! Just scan as an image. Not a pdf.

Or OPEN the PDF, and do a screenshot. That is then an image on your clipboard. To do a screenshot is simple. Just press 'print screen' button. And the screen is on your cipboard ready to paste. Then past it into any image editing software. And select the signiture only. Save that as a new image.

You can then paste the signiture into any document, or image, in a pdf, word, or in an image editor.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Next

Return to Anything