And now for something completely different.

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

And now for something completely different.

Postby Daveincaol » 04 Dec 2019, 23:56

From me at least!
Do you have much of a problem with cars etc. parking 1, 2, 3 or 4 wheels on the footpath?
I don't use local roads that much using tracks and towing paths mostly.
But there are some persistent offenders in this locality.
Holyrood, that's short form for the Scottish parliament for those unaware, passed a law in November making it an offence to park anywhere other than on a designated road, such as paths, verges, and amenity grassland.
It hasn't made any difference as yet and probably most motorists are unaware of the change. Given that policing the new law has been devolved to local councils, and that they continue to be underfunded, I don't expect an improvement anytime soon.

But what is the situation in Englandshire? Better, Worse, Not Applicable?

Dave B
Daveincaol

Re: And now for something completely different.

Postby Burgerman » 05 Dec 2019, 00:18

You can attack someone in the street. Break into a house. And worse, and the cops are not even going to turn up, they MIGHT send a community officer (a wannabe traffic warden voluteer type, with no power other than to try and passify you).

And now that they have decided its not even their problem (parking) I doubt you will get any action at all, even if you call in every offence you see, repeatedly day after day in the same spot/same car. We have thousands of laws that nobody is prepared to enforce. And we keep adding more and more to 'fix' problems, that are also never enforced. The drivers, public all know this, so completely ignore any rules. This is the main reason our society is breaking down. I got in trouble, and sworn at by the very 'community officers' that they use instead of cops a year back by telling them to get their bikes off the footpath, and onto the road. The law says you cant ride a bike on the foorpath, yet thousands do around here. And as per usual, nobody cares. Even those supposed to be setting an example. So what chance do you have? So if they are in your way illegally, make sure you run your chair down the side of their car, and accidentally undo the tyres valve core half a turn. Keep a valve core key on your person. You have no option with repeat offenders. Because the law wont help you so break it like they do.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 05 Dec 2019, 00:24

In Spain we are also cholecionists of laws... banghead banghead banghead

Sometimes these laws contradict each other. :shock:
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 05 Dec 2019, 00:29

It doesent much matter what laws you have if they are NOT enforced. And here, few are now.

All the cops, and money for cops, goes to the big cities like london. Wanna guess why?

Clue: Many rapes, much violent crime, break ins, muggings, drug problems, in their areas... Wy beyond the level of places like where I live. Here its white english 98% :clap And we are not supposed to mention it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 05 Dec 2019, 01:08

If you want security, come live in Spain. :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh:
martin007

Postby Daveincaol » 05 Dec 2019, 15:31

Burgerman: "So if they are in your way illegally, make sure you run your chair down the side of their car, and accidentally undo the tyres valve core half a turn."
I must admit I do get annoyed enough to contemplate retaliation. So far I've restricted myself to knocking wing mirrors askew, they are the part of a car most likely to intrude on 'my space'.
I did round a blind corner once to come face to face with a cyclist. He had to take avoiding action.
I saw that Russian pedestrians retaliate by attaching hard to remove preprinted adhesive notices to windscreens. That could be an idea except if you were caught you might end up being charged with criminal damage or somesuch. Or even maybe a punch on the nose!
Daveincaol

Postby Scooterman » 05 Dec 2019, 19:23

Same where I am. After 5pm and at weekends and public holidays etc most of the cars park all 4 wheels on the pavement and nothing is done about it.

And even though there's plenty of communal parking they still would rather park on the pavement. I don't know whether it's because they feel the car/van is more secure or they're too idle to walk 50 yards. :problem:
Scooterman

Postby Daveincaol » 06 Dec 2019, 20:52

Scooterman wrote:Same where I am. After 5pm and at weekends and public holidays etc most of the cars park all 4 wheels on the pavement and nothing is done about it.

And even though there's plenty of communal parking they still would rather park on the pavement. I don't know whether it's because they feel the car/van is more secure or they're too idle to walk 50 yards. :problem:

I suspect the latter.

I was shouted at today. The Highland Region have decreed that all refuse bins must be placed at the roadside for collection. The householders 'park' the bins responsibly. Not so the recycling and refuse technicians. The bins are effectively dumped back on the pavement. I displaced two into the roadway today both of which contacted a parked car. Words with the suspected owner of one. :argument
The region are supposed to police obstructed pathways and in fact their own operatives are among the worst offenders.
Dave B
Daveincaol

Return to Anything