Happy Holidays!

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Happy Holidays!

Postby martin007 » 23 Dec 2019, 22:16

Hello.

Merry Christmas!
martin007

Re: Happy Holidays!

Postby flagman1776 » 24 Dec 2019, 01:37

Merry Christmas to you also.
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Postby Gnomatic » 24 Dec 2019, 04:24

Gnomatic

Postby expresso » 24 Dec 2019, 05:42

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year !!! - - be safe -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 24 Dec 2019, 11:28

Seconded.

AlsO buy yourselves a nice xmas present!

I bought my self a new cordless, brushless, 12V but super powerful set of tiny cordless tools.
I got the drill with chuck, as well as the matching percussion (rortary, not hammer) drill as it works great on allen and hex bolts. So a great set.
I intend when funds allow to also get the matching 12V grinder and jigsaw.

The most compact and tiny, lightweight very POWERFUL cordless derill you can get is the GSR-12 35
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Professi ... 166&sr=1-1

GDS 12V 110 OR 115 is the most compact impact driver, bolts, drills, screws. Great for us as they are recoil free, so tighten or drill with 2 fingers.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Professi ... iy&sr=1-14
I actually got the hex drive version, both can be used for either job, with an adapter. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

12V 76 brushless 12 volt tiny 3 inch Grinder. Adequate to cut out a footplate ir shorten a bolt. But light and easy one handed.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-GWS-8-76 ... diy&sr=1-1

GST 12V 70 IS the tiny 12v jigsaw. Light small and acurate.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-GST-10-V ... diy&sr=1-2

I love tools. These 4 are great. Not cheap. The 2 drills go in one case. The grinder and jigsaw go in another case.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby terry2 » 24 Dec 2019, 11:56

Merry Christmas to all.

And a happy Brexit day :D
terry2

Postby Burgerman » 24 Dec 2019, 12:31

I shall celebrate that, way more than xmas. I am not religous, and not pagan, so xmas to me is the same as every other day. Other than the TV is exeptionally extra shit and all the shops are shut.

So happy brexit day, end of Jan. :thumbup: :wave: butred to all those stupid remainers that still refuse to accept that they LOST! :lol:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby stevelawiw » 24 Dec 2019, 12:33

AlsO buy yourselves a nice xmas present!

The grinder stands out to me from the set, but how long do you think a battery would last?
I have a 12v Stanley grinder and the battery lasts about 3mins!
I tried taking the guts out of one of the Stanley batteries and rigging it up to run off my chair, the jig saw from the set works that way but the grinder starts but then cuts out :eh: Any ideas why?
stevelawiw

Postby Burgerman » 24 Dec 2019, 12:47

The batts are no longer 1.3Ah, 2Ah they are 3Ah panasonic, and because its brushless you get double the runtime.
So 2.5x the capacity of the old 1.3Ah cells, and double the runtime = 5x longer than you are thinking!

Remember also its only a 3 inch grinder and thin disks!
And that I have 4x 3Ah batteries and a 4A charger. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Battery- ... 0Y3FBBVB42

I spend ages cutting off bolts to the correct length. I used to use a hacksaw. Too much spasm. I started using my dremmel. Too slow but it works. So this should do that really easily.

The other thing is hobby stuff. I am always fitting switches, cutting bits of metal, shortening a shaft, cutting bits of plastic, or carbon fibre (outside down wind! DONT breath carbon or glass dust!) etc, So this tiny light grinder should be fine! I cant handle the weight of big grinders, easily sat in a chair. This one is so light and small I will use it to open parcels, and anything else. It will be sat on my bench and used a LOT!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 24 Dec 2019, 17:22

Dremmel too small.
Grinder too big.

Perfect on your bench!

youtu.be/yeCvmQF_Uo4
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 24 Dec 2019, 21:36

sexychristmasgirl.jpg

:thumbup: drunk2 :mrgreen:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 24 Dec 2019, 21:41

I ordered myself a new Smartphone - i know how much you love them BM :) from china so will get it next year - not top of the line but a leap ahead of what i have now - Midrange phone Honor 7X - that i have now -

unlocked chinesse brand cheers

toady i will be making my famous Tiramisu cake for tomorrow -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 24 Dec 2019, 22:00

You may think I am odd and I hope you enjoy your cake! :thumbup:

But I dont do xmas... Its just a day that comes after 24 and before 26. Where the TV is terrible and everything is shut. I just ordered 2x mixed kebabs and stuck them in the fridge. I will microwave one on 25th, and the other 26th. And binge watch movies. Thats my xMas! And no visitors other than carers.

Its not that I dont have plenty of options, invites from brothers, freinds. I dont want it. I hate the party thing, hate fuss, to my my xmas is exactly what I want!

But whatever you all prefer, merry xmas in 3 hours! cheers

P.S. If I can get one of these I may change my mind. 97% I think. download/file.php?id=12697&mode=view
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 24 Dec 2019, 22:13

i dont think your Odd - i am not a big holiday person either - its only family and a few of my workers who will be here together - i used to be more into the whole decoration and spirit but it has died down over the years - holidays are somewhat depressing actually - why dont know - the cake should be very good - i done it before

and i call it Christmas - thats how i grew up and will keep it that way - Holidays is used to cover all of the holidays for the year - but each one has its own name i guess - i dont buy that bullshit about offending others who dont celebrate it etc, - thats fine - i dont either really but i still call it Christmas -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 25 Dec 2019, 11:40

Well merry xmas! Here I am, alone, with a reheated mixed kebab from a takaway yesterday. On my bed, watching the worst terestrial TV in decades, awaiting the queens speech. And she will mention BREXIT! Hopefully she will laugh at the labour party, and congratulate us all on finally booting all those traitor remainers/lefties/liberals and other elites that ignored the will of the people for 3 years out of a job.

This is my perfect xmas. No religous nuts, no guests, no party, no decorations, no bullshit, peace and quiet, and a Mixed kebab... Also have a few cans of lager cheers and free access to Now TV, Netflix, Prime Movies, and many free TV streams in many countries. And the rest of the world are busy trying to please each other and hating it. I get to relax!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 25 Dec 2019, 15:20

We don't do Xmas either, but it's just a day for family to get together so I'm round at my daughter's place with 4 generations from 87 to 1y old!
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby Burgerman » 25 Dec 2019, 20:12

I just like the idea of all the lefties, corbynites, liberals, america hating, anti jew, pro terrorists, sulking and crying over xmas. Because they finally get that they LOST! Dismally. It took years till we got a chance to vote them out. Now they are all unemployed. Justice prevails.

All the last 4 years of inventing "soft" brexits, fancy remain deals, new referendums, new laws to keep us in and destroy the ability to leave, and all the other throwing toys out the pram has failed. The electorate saw to that! They booted out the traitors. Happy Brexmas!!! :lol:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 25 Dec 2019, 23:21

Deoxit can, same colour as my deoderant/anti persperant. Guess what I just did. :cussing
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby stevelawiw » 25 Dec 2019, 23:46

That could be a bit stingy :lol:
On the upside your armpits arn't going to oxidise anytime soon ;)
stevelawiw

Postby Burgerman » 26 Dec 2019, 00:53

Not stingy. Very cold and a little oily. I didnt figure it out till around 15 secs later when they felt odd and the smell was strangely familiar.

I did black spray paint once the same way. Grabbed it on the way to work in about 1980. Sprayed as I was running down stairs to my car under my sweatshirt. The dangers of sleeping in your workshop... Stuck a stanley knife blade in my foot that same week. Bare foot, in the dark, going to the toilet about 4am (because beer). That was fun.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 26 Dec 2019, 00:57

My ex asked me once why there was two bottles of engine oil in the fridge. Theres also lipo batteries but she seemed to ignore that. That stuff is normal here.

So I then demonstrated to her that the SAE 30 wouldnt pour easily, like glue. And the 0w-50 mobil 1 did so very easily. And that at room temp they were approx the same. I was actually doing a demonstration, trying to explain to my carer why you want 0w-50 over the cheap 15w-40 he uses the day before. So I stuck what I had in the fridge...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Lord Chatterley » 26 Dec 2019, 13:29

Burgerman wrote:So I then demonstrated to her that the SAE 30 wouldnt pour easily, like glue. And the 0w-50 mobil 1 did so very easily. And that at room temp they were approx the same. I was actually doing a demonstration, trying to explain to my carer why you want 0w-50 over the cheap 15w-40 he uses the day before. So I stuck what I had in the fridge...

Was that the first time you used the fridge method to demonstrate the difference?

Merry Brexmas! - never felt so proud of my fellow countrymen.

LC

corbyn.jpg
Lord Chatterley

Postby Burgerman » 26 Dec 2019, 17:01

Yes. When I say fridge, it was the -20 freezer side of an american style fridge. I have here a 1 litre bottle of SAE 30 caster oil based two stroke oil called Castrol R30 that I use in model plane fuel. And a litre of Mobil 1 synthetic 0w-50 that I use to top up my van. But I already knew what would happen. Having tried tipping the mono grade R30 out in the freezing winter weather in my garage years ago. It takes ages, like tipping treacle. At -20 it wont come out the container...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Lord Chatterley » 26 Dec 2019, 19:10

Ah, I see. A good practical demonstration of an abstract principle. Nice. :thumbup:

LC
Lord Chatterley

Postby Burgerman » 26 Dec 2019, 19:29

The majority of all engine wear happens at startup where all the oil has drained away off surfaces, etc. Cams and cylinder bores for e.g. Remember it was hot when turned off, oil very thin..

But when you start it on a cold morning, or even a summer morning, it takes a while before oil flows, gets chucked out of big end bearings and up the bores for e.g. And even longer to get to the top of the enginge and flow enough to lube valve gear, cam followers etc.

So that first figure on your 15w40 or whatever is important. 10w is better. 5w even better. 0w is better still. The 0w refers to the low 0C temperature viscosity. The 2nd figure refers to the 100C viscosity.

Remember that all oils are thick when cold. Thin when hot.

So a straight 30 grade, is like glue in winter. And like tap water in hot summer high temperature conditions... Thats not what you want!

You want the oil to be a 20 or 30 grade, at every temperature. Even a 0w-50 doesent achieve that, but its as good as technology allows right now.
It is still thicker out of the freezer. And still thinner at say 150C or more when it exits a turbocharger. But its as close as you will get.

So while my van in Europe, says use 5w 30, and in the US says use 5w 20 (because of fuel consumption regulations that forces manufacturers to use too thin oil) as stock. It is still better to use a 0w-40 or 0w-50 if you can get it. And full synthetic.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything