Women in the Forum

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Women in the Forum

Postby martin007 » 16 Feb 2020, 20:49

Hello.

I've been a member of the forum for years.
Are there any women members of the forum? :eh: :eh:
martin007

Re: Women in the Forum

Postby steves1977uk » 17 Feb 2020, 10:51

There's a fair few on here Martin, but they're not :ugeek:'s like us males are.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby biscuit » 17 Feb 2020, 20:17

I visit pretty often without logging in. Everyone here is very knowledgeable and has worthwhile things to say. My energy for carrying out (trying out) my own great ideas for my mobility equipment is very lacking though. So I don't have much to say - mostly "well, that didn't work out so well!"
biscuit

Postby Burgerman » 17 Feb 2020, 22:02

Well thats how you get knowledgable!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby flagman1776 » 17 Feb 2020, 22:49

Most of the forum applies equally regardless of gender. I also view certainly "every day" just to see what's of interest. I don't necessarily log in unless I have something to say. "That said", sometimes our greatest contributions can be from our failures. We all (hopefully) learn from others failures... and we thank those brave enough to share them. It is a great service. We learn many times the knowledge from what didn't work and why.
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Postby Burgerman » 18 Feb 2020, 00:10

I resemble that remark. I broke almost everything in life at least once. Thats how I learn. I never worried about things like warranties, consequeces, I just cant help myself.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby flagman1776 » 18 Feb 2020, 02:30

In my latest misadventure, my power lift recliner failed... stopped... in the fully reclined position. I was pretty helpless. I summonded help. We decided the only way was to get me to the foot... we knew at some point the chair would tip forward like a see-saw. We didn't think of any other way. When it tipped, I slide by gravity to the floor... and needed Rescuing again.

In the clear light of day, we decided me being on the floor was an unnecessary trauma. We decided that supporting the leg area of the chair by putting a foot stool under it... would limit the tip and keep it from sliding me to the floor. The chair would have to be propped in that position and I'd have to be sat up... but it would be from a sitting position, not flat on the floor. I hope by sharing this that others may avoid the rough experience of the floor.
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Return to Anything