Mac Software on Windows ?

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Mac Software on Windows ?

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2020, 02:08

Can you install and run Mac Software on an Windows PC ?

i have a friend who feels Mac is the best - but having problems installing a program on it - was told it was installed fine before -

anyway i took it and installed it on my PC - works fine - installs fine - i suggested to just get a Windows PC - he says he alot of Mac Software

there must be a way to use Mac Software programs on a PC ?

is there a way - how hard is it - how reliable is it ?
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Re: Mac Software on Windows ?

Postby Burgerman » 16 Aug 2020, 05:47

He must be a sucker for punishment. Most people do the exact opposite.

But if you want to yes. It can run on a PC. But you need to be a little computer literate to do it. And to fight all the usual mac issues but its relatively simple to do. God only knows why you would want to.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-s ... c-3632329/
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 16 Aug 2020, 14:25

expresso wrote:Can you install and run Mac Software on an Windows PC ?

i have a friend who feels Mac is the best - but having problems installing a program on it - was told it was installed fine before -

anyway i took it and installed it on my PC - works fine - installs fine - i suggested to just get a Windows PC - he says he alot of Mac Software

there must be a way to use Mac Software programs on a PC ?

is there a way - how hard is it - how reliable is it ?

Why bother??? There's 10000000x the software on Windows than Mac OS. He's probably updated to the latest version which can result in older apps not working anymore, typical Apple style. :fencing Meanwhile I can run programs from 25yrs ago on Windows 10, hell there's even an emulator that allows 16bit programs to run on Windows 10 64-bit... https://github.com/otya128/winevdm

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby steves1977uk » 16 Aug 2020, 15:58

Here's Pole Position, a 16-bit Windows 3.1 game running on Windows 10 64-bit! :mrgreen: :ugeek:

pp16bit.jpg

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2020, 16:25

Burgerman wrote:He must be a sucker for punishment. Most people do the exact opposite.

But if you want to yes. It can run on a PC. But you need to be a little computer literate to do it. And to fight all the usual mac issues but its relatively simple to do. God only knows why you would want to.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-s ... c-3632329/

He has all the software Mac already. If he gets a windows PC now he would need to install it or get new software made for windows. I guess it's expensive software he has. I don't want to steer him wrong I just suggested to just get a new windows instead.
expresso

Postby steves1977uk » 16 Aug 2020, 16:49

What software is your friend trying to install expresso? :? There must be a Windows version if you've installed it.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 16 Aug 2020, 17:16

I thought you wanted to install mac operating system.

Which you can.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2020, 18:16

I am not sure what software he has - what ever he does have and needs to use - is Mac software - - its mostly creating music software etc, dont know the titles - i suggested to just get an Windows PC - he has to get a new computer - if he did get windows - he would need to install this software on it - which is made for a Mac -

i just figured i ask - so i can give him some options - you cant convince people to leave Mac - because hes told its the best - so thats that - you know how it is
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 16 Aug 2020, 18:43

For windows everything is free. And theres more software anyway. But if he insists then you cant help him. Let him make apple richer. They desperately need more money/suckers.

Personally I would just find the same titles / software and in a windows version. Because there normally is. And if not that leaves 2 other options. Run an apple emulator on windows, and then install the $$ware apple stuff on that. Or run his apple operating system on the PC natively as in my first liink. You can make a dual boot system so its a mac or a windows machine. Just have 2 boot drives. I have 3 of them right now... I could make an apple 4th one but its fiddly to do and I would need a few hours to do it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 16 Aug 2020, 18:45

The only thing Mac OS offers is a false sense of security through obsecurity. banghead I bet there's free alternatives he could use on Windows without having to pay the Apple tax which has been in the news recently. Google as well! People who use Mac OS/iOS are being conned by Apple but they're too blind to see it. :roll:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 16 Aug 2020, 18:53

i will pass it along to him - his options - but wont get involved too much - it things dont go his way - then its my fault - my understanding is the software is very expensive - i dont know the titles - i will ask him next time - if i get all the titles he has or needs to install -

maybe we can find them in windows
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 16 Aug 2020, 19:25

All software is free for personal use if you know how to work a computer. Unless you use apple...

I could get all of that software he has on his apple, as PC versions for free, and in the event that any of it isnt avaialable for a PC then I would find something as good or better that was. Or just run what he has on an emulator on a PC.

if i get all the titles he has or needs to install -

maybe we can find them in windows

Or better. And free...

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink. beer
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby daunjan » 24 Aug 2020, 07:39

You can via hackintosh but need to make sure components play nice drivers etc. Usually wifi & bluetooth is hassle. He could try vm system see if works, easier to install Linux instead.

If he using adobe they are milking the subscriptions outa ya. blackmagic has a free non commercial thats got all in one setup, no install separate adobe apps.
daunjan

Postby Burgerman » 24 Aug 2020, 11:32

I have the latest adobe everything useful. Its free too if you can work a PC! But adobe is also now like a virus. Its big bloated, controlling and better to use something else unless you have the knowledge and patience to spend days making it do as YOU want. Even adobe acrobat dumps files and registry entries everywhere to try and keep nmaking you updat or buy. Takes an age to rewrite files, edit registry, and make a dozen folders read only to defeat its bullshit. And it takes some doing too. Or it starts crying and saying its been tampered with. There are ways though.

So adobe anything is in my bad books as of around 2016/2018... Although I still use use it. Once its fixed.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything