quantum stretto anyone else got one?

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

quantum stretto anyone else got one?

Postby Jayde1976 » 03 Sep 2020, 08:55

I had one on demo for a few days and it seems pretty ok to me pretty smooth over big bumps and kerbs,goes 6.2mph got the guy delivering it to go through programming as wasnt happy with it at first but it did do what i wanted, got 16miles out of it which is ok, and goes up that steep hill in norwich town with no slowing down.. plus its narrow compared to a Q6
Jayde1976

Re: quantum stretto anyone else got one?

Postby rover220 » 03 Sep 2020, 09:54

Great chair for what it is but the q logic cloud based programming means you'll not be able to do any self programming. If you want narrow mid wheel drive then have a look at the dietz sango m. R net in there which means you can at least buy the required programming tools.
rover220

Postby steves1977uk » 03 Sep 2020, 11:25

Jayde1976 wrote:... and goes up that steep hill in norwich town with no slowing down..

You mean the steep hill near the market place? My chair climbs that easily even with 8 mph motors which has less torque.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby steves1977uk » 03 Sep 2020, 14:05

A quick look at the specs here... https://www.quantumrehab.com/pdf/brochu ... tretto.pdf It looks as though it only comes with 2-pole motors which won't last long if you do a lot of hill climbing. The order form doesn't show any other motor option availible and can only take NF22 55Ah batteries. These are the drawbacks of a narrow chair.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Jayde1976 » 03 Sep 2020, 16:37

programming isnt a problem really as i got a friendly local place which will do whatever i want.. was sure it had 4 ple motors on the demo one.. my old quantum 610 was ok with its 2 pole motors and i went miles in that without burning anything out and i carry a fair bit of shopping on that old chair.. I mean the hill from price of wales road up to anglia house,going up there with a fair bit of shopping my current tdx sp goes up there with no issues, my small travel chair in my car is slow going up there and its motors get pretty hot..
Jayde1976

Postby Burgerman » 03 Sep 2020, 19:21

The dealers only have access to a low powered "dealer" level programmer. That may do all that you need, but its highly unlikely that they will have any clue how to program it in a way that you need. But if you are happy as it is, and are not too heavy then it will likely be fine. Many on here are control freaks like me. Would drive me mental trying to use any chair I couldnt fine tune properly myself...

2 pole... And low power electronics, amd small batteries are again OK as long as you dont replrogram the thing to jump or steer on comand, and are fairly light and the chair isnt too fast. Its a price you pay to lose a couple of inches in width and a few k on the cost. It wont have as much torque, or range, and will wear out motor brushes and esp batteries a lot faster - if you use it hard. Hill = hard though. Hils and a responsively programmed chair, heavy users, all = hard. Thats bad on small batteries and 2 pole motors.

Everything is a compromise. Width and cost and weight is better. Performance (torque/range/battery life) and control (with prides control systems) because of locked down programming is the downside.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Jayde1976 » 04 Sep 2020, 18:44

well it seemed ok on my trek round bungay to beccles, the hills were ok as well.. I need a narrow chair for my doorways. covered by warrenty and breakdown so if it does break down then they gotta fix ir or replace.
Jayde1976

Postby Jayde1976 » 17 Sep 2020, 12:42

well i got a brand new one with ilevel which seems ok for what i want it to do,i got a few program names changed and i got hold of a dealer programmer which does a few things but not everything as lock outs i had to get them to do,I wanted ilevel to go faster when high and changed the colors,decel and accel parametrs, so it dont act like i am drunk. i left one with a small delay for indoor and resturants in case of waiter or carer knocking my joystick..am happy with milage as i done 44miles so far and am getting 12 miles on a charge but thats without worrying i will run out so i could proberbly do more miles but dont fancy pushing it, led lights are ok but a bit pants in the real dark on the front so am fitting brighter lights up front so i cant see the paths, goes over grass pretty well but i think it will get stuck on real rough stuff, goes over local skatepark ramp and i havent tipped it over yet. adjusted the suspension as it was to hard but no rocking chair sort of thing, i moved the seat back a little as itwas to far forward, only get a little fish tail if its a rough path but there isnt a gyro on these strettos, threw the original seat belt away as was pretty pants and fitted my own retractable type one so no dangle of belts on the floor or under wheels.. I will update if it breaks down but as its covered against that if i do kill it I will get it fixed, oh and dealer says it is available with 4 pole motors but thats only on 14" wheels versaion..(but he say if i kill mine they will see about upgrading mine to 4 poles)
Jayde1976

Return to Powerchair Reviews