Meyra optimus 2 a small review

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Meyra optimus 2 a small review

Postby rickystyx » 09 Nov 2020, 18:00

Thanks I will consider that or even half and half - I suspect that the inner part of the original wheel may be made of steel - it has brake drums but admittedly only for a hand brake so they may be alloy and I've not taken the wheel off yet (I've only had it two days) If they are steel I'd use them for the hub and simply bolt to them but if they are alloy I will certainly look at a taper lock system
ottobock b400 modified wheels and 150Ah lifepo4
30Ah add on Lifepo4
Meyra Optimus (PRIME)2 :0)
rickystyx

Postby terry2 » 10 Nov 2020, 05:59

rickystyx wrote:Thanks I will consider that or even half and half - I suspect that the inner part of the original wheel may be made of steel - it has brake drums but admittedly only for a hand brake so they may be alloy and I've not taken the wheel off yet (I've only had it two days) If they are steel I'd use them for the hub and simply bolt to them but if they are alloy I will certainly look at a taper lock system

So the top speed was just a setting after all....glad you found it.

If I ever find better rims and a hub, I will take the brake pads off as I don't use them.
terry2

Postby rickystyx » 10 Nov 2020, 08:43

Yes it is just a case of setting the two inhibit settings to off Inhibits - Drive - profile 1 and 3
I'm not sure there is a need for a handbrake on a chair or scooter unless perhaps should you want to use it as an anchor for winching someone out of the mud in which case it would take strain off the motor brake - so I might leave mine in place as I intend using it on rambles with others.
Very happy with it now I've got the seat set up and the controls where I need them and everything working as it should.
Time for an adventure I think before changing the battery - just to get my range anxiety bak you know drunk2
30Ah add on Lifepo4
rickystyx

Postby terry2 » 10 Nov 2020, 10:23

rickystyx wrote:Yes it is just a case of setting the two inhibit settings to off Inhibits - Drive - profile 1 and 3
I'm not sure there is a need for a handbrake on a chair or scooter unless perhaps should you want to use it as an anchor for winching someone out of the mud in which case it would take strain off the motor brake - so I might leave mine in place as I intend using it on rambles with others.
Very happy with it now I've got the seat set up and the controls where I need them and everything working as it should.
Time for an adventure I think before changing the battery - just to get my range anxiety bak you know drunk2

Can you post a picture of what you change please?
terry2

Postby rickystyx » 10 Nov 2020, 11:11

Here it is - and a copy of the file with it already done for you
Attachments
inhibits diabled.jpg
Updated Terrys with inhibits removed.R-net
(4.56 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
30Ah add on Lifepo4
rickystyx

Postby terry2 » 10 Nov 2020, 11:59

rickystyx wrote:Here it is - and a copy of the file with it already done for you

Thanks dude.
terry2

Previous

Return to Powerchair Reviews