Invacare Spectra Plus Review

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Invacare Spectra Plus Review

Postby TwoTeasChris » 01 Apr 2011, 19:51

My wife's spectra+ reclines significantly less than her F55. Also the actuator is fixed to the seat-back and in the way of shopping.
The motors aren't up to much. Had to replace them more than once. Max. 40Ah batts. It's now purely an emergency chair.
TwoTeasChris

Postby Shazadh » 09 Dec 2011, 00:41

Hi I have beckers dyrophy which is a very complicated illness. I have had used a manual wheelchair for 8 years which i had built to my spec so its been ace. I did get a nhs one but it was well CRAP! so I forked out £2,500, anyway cut a long story short me and the family deciced to take a holiday and stayed at a resort it was on this holiday that I realised that I was struggling pushing myself. So came back asked for a powerchair (im telling the story here real fast yeh) blah blah blah got it last week i was over the moon, got the hand over and tried it for 1 hour and I hated it. Why well its an invacare now I dont know if the Spectra xtr2 is better then the plus but I do know I dont like it. Number one i hated the huge wheels on the front. As I have been given a through the floor lift they just kept banging side to side and even cracking part of a panel. Also there was no riser, and the control was fixed straight and not swingable, so when I tried going to my desk it just hit the desk and also on the dining table. So it was just a hindrance, I also found the ride not very good. Also can anyone clarify if you have electric leg adjustment can you have them swingable or are they fixed to the frame, and also does electric riser which also must lower help get under desk and tables.
Shazadh

Postby Burgerman » 09 Dec 2011, 11:08

I dont know if the Spectra xtr2 is better then the plus but I do know I dont like it.

No its just as crap! Its a very cheap and cheerful indoor only powerchair that manages to be as unmanoeverable as an oil tanker has extremely limited outdoor capability as well,

Seat riser dont lower only raise. You need a lower seat wheelchair, as long as your legs are short enough which may be a problem.

read here http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/invacar ... a-plus.htm
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Phil Esgate » 12 Dec 2011, 17:24

So came back asked for a powerchair (im telling the story here real fast yeh) blah blah blah got it last week i was over the moon, got the hand over and tried it for 1 hour and I hated it. Why well its an invacare now I dont know if the Spectra xtr2 is better then the plus but I do know I dont like it. Number one i hated the huge wheels on the front. As I have been given a through the floor lift they just kept banging side to side and even cracking part of a panel. Also there was no riser, and the control was fixed straight and not swingable, so when I tried going to my desk it just hit the desk and also on the dining table. So it was just a hindrance, I also found the ride not very good. Also can anyone clarify if you have electric leg adjustment can you have them swingable or are they fixed to the frame, and also does electric riser which also must lower help get under desk and tables.

Shazadh - You quoted £2500 - are you in the UK? - forgive me but why on earth did you plump for a chair that is totally unsuitable for you if it was from the WCS??? - Surely they did an assessment of your needs, which would include a proper swing away control unit? Did they come to your house and actually measure the access for your through the floor lift?
I hope you've taken it back and given them hell!!! :shock:
Phil Esgate

Postby malamar » 19 Dec 2011, 22:36

I'm asking if by chance anybody has tested an Invacare Kite chair and his impression of what's worth for normal to mild usage requirements, even if frequent .

Thnks a lot buds.
malamar

Return to Powerchair Reviews