Dragon, Snap Dragon, etc Kids Wheelchair Review

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Dragon, Snap Dragon, etc Kids Wheelchair Review

Postby Burgerman » 28 Feb 2010, 13:59

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/snap-dragon.htm My evaluation

Feel free to add your own reviews, comments or horror stories or tell me how good it is if you own one (or own a kid with one!) For the benefit of others.

Burgerman.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Dragon, Snap Dragon, etc Kids Wheelchair Review

Postby Katilea » 29 Sep 2010, 16:39

I tried one of these in August and did a review on it:

http://katilea.wordpress.com/2010/08/22/dragon-demo/

It's a great chair if you are small adult or for child (snapdragon). The owners are really nice and willing to customise their chairs for you in any way they can.

I was just on the weight limit though and I found the Torque controller difficult to control, it also didn't have recline and after seeing it I relaised I would not be able to manage changing over the seat/standing frame myself, so it's not suitable for me personally.

Great for kids though particuarly cos of the function to lower it right down to the floor so kids can play on floor like other kids.
Katilea

Postby Burgerman » 29 Sep 2010, 20:02

Interesting. Good photos too. You will like the X5. although too high, wide, and long. Great outdoors. Uses same tyres as my chair so snow and sand will not bother it. Rear casters sink on soft stuff though as they are quite small. And its programming is a bit wooly and delayed. But thats easy to fix!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Katilea » 30 Sep 2010, 08:28

Hi

I'm hoping to try the Genie first, I want to try a standing chair and this is only one I'm likely to be able to afford and £2,000 cheaper than the X5.

If I'm not sure about Genie I will still try X5 out in snow if I can. A guy in US claims he was driven his in 8" snow, I'm not sure about been able to get it around my bungalow though and obviously my dog cant sit on the footplate like she can on my scooter (she be 10 next year and likes a ride on my scooter sometimes.. handy across busy roads).

I'm not sure yet, may keep scooter for dog walking and if genie will get round that little park just for couple of times a week and mostly indoor use (doing things from standing) the benefits of that may outweight the benefits of X5 for me. Waiting to hear when they can do a demo for me.

Kati
Katilea

Postby Burgerman » 30 Sep 2010, 09:21

Do tou have a link to a genie?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Powerchair Reviews