Smallest Capable Powerchair

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Smallest Capable Powerchair

Postby dmcleod » 19 Sep 2012, 20:21

I'm already planning for my next Powerchair I'll be getting in 4 or 5 years. My current chair that I've had for a year isn't bad, but it's needlessly long. My sports chair (Quickie P-200) is perfect, but it doesn't have tilt and I wouldn't want to wear it out with every day usage.

Which RWD chair currently on the market is the shortest but still fully capable?
dmcleod

Re: Smallest Capable Powerchair

Postby dmcleod » 19 Sep 2012, 21:31

Should have put this in Everything Powerchair, thought I did.
dmcleod

Postby Burgerman » 19 Sep 2012, 21:42

Not sure. But all rear drive chairs are needlessely long because the manufacturers dont want you tipping out of the rear. So you end up with the seating positioned way too far forward. This hinders control, range, and steering over uneven ground.

But in many cases the seating can be relocated rearwards a bit. Ever bit helps. But, no idea which is shortest. Be careful with specs, as they all claim length without foot riggings which is meaningless. My chair for eg is 37.5 inches including footplate.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby dmcleod » 21 Sep 2012, 03:32

It just seems that the chairs are getting longer through each generation. And the specifications are exactly why it's so hard to figure out. I guess if I ask enough people about their chairs I can get an idea.
dmcleod

Return to Powerchair Reviews