Any good in the rough stuff.

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Any good in the rough stuff.

Postby alan1961 » 24 Feb 2014, 21:58

Hi has anyone had one off these, wondering if they are an good on rough terrain sand, loose gravel, etc.

I have posted a question on there website,with regard to above and I am waiting for a reply.

http://www.careco.co.uk/item-s-wc09027/ ... tabsection

Thanks Alan.
alan1961

Re: Any good in the rough stuff.

Postby Burgerman » 24 Feb 2014, 22:31

Unlikely. Weedy controller, small motors and controller, only 50Ah batteries. Looks like a lightweight/cheap sort of chair with the minimum cost "bits" to make it all work. And low speed.

Having said that the pictures are too small, inadequate specification details, so its hard to know.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby alan1961 » 24 Feb 2014, 22:44

Thanks Burgerman for the reply, what would you recommend for rough terrain sand, gravel etc within a reasonable price.
Getting a bit fed up trying to get the tdx out off the soft stuff
Read your post recently on watching the rescue of the tdx I know how that guy felt.
Cheers Alan.
alan1961

Postby Burgerman » 25 Feb 2014, 00:55

Really?

There isn't one. Seriously.

With the exception of the X5 (now renamed the V6 with an update, but that's too long, too high, and too wide).

Its why I built my own.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fuzzy logic » 08 Nov 2014, 15:04

The idea of an air suspension seat (that have been commonplace in commercial vehicles for decades) grabbed my attention but it all went down hill from that initial reaction once more information was absorbed the disappointment set in a gimmick on a less than average specification :(
fuzzy logic

Return to Powerchair Reviews