Are The Q6 Edge and Q6 Edge 2 Good Chairs?

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Are The Q6 Edge and Q6 Edge 2 Good Chairs?

Postby ex-Gooserider » 27 Jun 2017, 03:25

1. PRIDE IS CRAP - bottom line - run screaming....

2. If you get stuck w/ 22NF batteries you WILL be unhappy with the range, they are totally inadequate for any sort of heavy mileage use...

3. You do NOT have to settle for whatever the sales droid at the 'evaluation' session wants to palm off on you - or even deal with whatever vendor is doing the evaluation... A lot of people get screwed on this part, I did on my first manual chair while I was in rehab at Spaulding (which otherwise was excellent, and Spaulding is generally well thought of...) I got sent to the 'Wheelchair Clinic' where I was evaluated for chair fit, and mostly TOLD with a small amount of input from me about choices, what I'd be getting... They never told me that I wasn't dealing with the hospital, but instead a specific DME, or that I had any choice in who I dealt with in getting a chair.... There are getting to be fewer and fewer vendors aside from the big chain guys, but it does pay to shop around a bit....

4. Insist on chairs with the features YOU want, not what they want to push you into - this can include brand, and things like rear-wheel drive, and seating functions.... There obviously will be limits on what features might be available on different chair brands, and also the question of what your insurance will pay for, but I don't know of ANY that locks you into a specific brand or style of chair....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Soulrider » 29 Jun 2017, 12:54

Thanks for the responses on the Q6 Edge 2.0 chair. I was afraid that was the case on the programmer and the other issues with the chair. I'm checking but I have a bad feeling I don't really have a choice in the matter. I think I'm getting stuck with the chair. I've raised my concerns but they seem to be falling on deaf ears. I'm making one last effort to see if I can get them to at least look at a different chair. Do you (or anyone) have any suggestions regarding another chair even if they wanted to stay with Pride/Quantum? I was thinking perhaps of one of the other chairs such as the "Z", "HD" (although I don't need it for the higher weight limit..I'm at about 200 lbs), Rival, etc might be a better option? I think those at least offer Group 24 batteries. Would any of those be a better chair? I don't mind a rear wheel drive platform at all either..in fact I'm not to keen on the mid-drive chairs anyway. I got to demo a mid-drive chair about 8-10 years ago and I wan't crazy about the "rocking" back and forth motion when you start or stop. I was "assured" that this issue had been resolved over the years and was no longer an issue and that the suspension was so much better in the chairs now. :) I'm hoping I'm not already locked into this Q6 Edge 2.0 but I fear I might be.

Do the 8" vs the standard 6" casters make much of a difference on the Edge 2.0 at all?

Thanks, it's good to at least know that the black tires shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Again, thanks for the responses. I appreciate any and all information anyone can give on the Q6 Edge 2.0 chairs, especially current information, although I'm not sure when the 2.0 version of the chair came out anyway.
Soulrider

Postby Burgerman » 29 Jun 2017, 16:23

8 inch casters are smoother than 6 but they are bigger and theres SIX wheels... And non of the pride chairs have ANY suspension on the mid drives. The very wheels you sit on.

The fact that you weigh 200lb means that you need grp24 batteries if you plan on outdoor use. ALL lead powered chairs struggle with batteries, esp today with fancy HEAVY seating on top, so you should at least start with the biggest common size. But the programming issue remains on all modern US pride chairs. UK ones get PG drives controllers so thats easier.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 04 Jul 2017, 03:24

It would help if you went to the User Control Panel (button near the top of each page) and filled in your location - this is an international forum, and what the options are vary a lot by country...

At least in the US, you are supposed to have some level of choice in what you get for a chair... In theory you get 'assessed' as needing a certain level of functionality in your chair, depending on the exact details of your diagnosis... You are then supposed to be able to get ANY chair that provides that level of performance.... This means you should be able to choose among brands, models and so on....

Reality as I understand it, is that the dealer will only get reimbursed a certain fixed amount for a given level of chair, and that gives them an incentive to push you as hard as they can into the products that give them the biggest profit margins... Your only defence is to do some research on EXACTLY what options your insurance will cover, and be a rock hard advocate for your own interests....

Remember that YOU (and possibly any supporting family members) are the only one that cares about what is in YOUR interests... The Dealer has his best interest in how much profit he makes... The insurance companies / gov't agencies really would rather you DIED (you are expen$ive!) but failing that, only want to pay for the cheapest piece of crap they can get you to take....

So -
1. Learn what your options are - go to any local disability rights organizations and ask them, as they are mostly outside the network of the DME / Insurance company... They may not be able to give exact details about everything, but should be able to tell you what choices you MUST be offered...

2. Talk with your doctors and / or PT/OT types and get as precise information as you can about just what your diagnosis is, and what they have prescribed for you in the way of a chair and seating (including stuff like tilt/recline, etc...)

3. Do some serious research on the 'Net - look at both all the models in the Pride / Quantum line, and any other brands that look like they might have suitable chairs.... Use their dealer locators to see who they list as selling chairs in their area...

4. Look up (and talk to) any other DME dealers in your area - just because your local rehab may have a sweetheart deal with a given DME vendor does not mean that they are the only people you can deal with....

5. Learn who / what the local agencies are that take complaints about bad dealings on the part of vendors / insurance companies....

Then when you go into the dealer, be ready to advocate for yourself - tell them that you know what you have rights to from step 1, and DEMAND that they listen to what you tell them.... Ask about the Specific chairs you are interested in from step 3, and insist that they tell you why they weren't offered... Insist that they tell you just how and why anything they recommend for or against is related to your diagnosis from step 2.... Don't be afraid to tell them you have been talking to their competition, and don't be afraid to switch if you like the other dealer better... And last, don't be hesitant about mentioning the complaint taking agency.....

ex-Gooserider

Soulrider wrote:Thanks for the responses on the Q6 Edge 2.0 chair. I was afraid that was the case on the programmer and the other issues with the chair. I'm checking but I have a bad feeling I don't really have a choice in the matter. I think I'm getting stuck with the chair. I've raised my concerns but they seem to be falling on deaf ears. I'm making one last effort to see if I can get them to at least look at a different chair. Do you (or anyone) have any suggestions regarding another chair even if they wanted to stay with Pride/Quantum? I was thinking perhaps of one of the other chairs such as the "Z", "HD" (although I don't need it for the higher weight limit..I'm at about 200 lbs), Rival, etc might be a better option? I think those at least offer Group 24 batteries. Would any of those be a better chair? I don't mind a rear wheel drive platform at all either..in fact I'm not to keen on the mid-drive chairs anyway. I got to demo a mid-drive chair about 8-10 years ago and I wan't crazy about the "rocking" back and forth motion when you start or stop. I was "assured" that this issue had been resolved over the years and was no longer an issue and that the suspension was so much better in the chairs now. :) I'm hoping I'm not already locked into this Q6 Edge 2.0 but I fear I might be.

Do the 8" vs the standard 6" casters make much of a difference on the Edge 2.0 at all?

Thanks, it's good to at least know that the black tires shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Again, thanks for the responses. I appreciate any and all information anyone can give on the Q6 Edge 2.0 chairs, especially current information, although I'm not sure when the 2.0 version of the chair came out anyway.
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby mleedix1 » 31 Aug 2017, 17:21

I was sent for a custom chair. A long process to get through medicare's rules. But ended up stuck with the Q6 Edge 2.0. My biggest complaint when the process started was that my old chair got stuck too easy and didn't want to deal with that again. NuMotion rep assured me that wouldn't happen. Well here we are... dumb chair would get stuck on a small coin if it had a rain drop on it. Ok, not that bad but you get the idea

So here is my question- It's not a wheelchair tire but I see several 4/4.80 x 8 knobby tires out there. Has anyone tried swapping out the Q6 tires to increase traction?
mleedix1

Postby Sully » 31 Aug 2017, 19:00

Soulrider; Listen to what Goose is telling you. My one addition if the vendor does not supply you with the make and model "YOU" asked for. You do not have to sign for what they deliver. When "YOU" sign for it -- it's yours. What Goose is trying to prevent is "YOU" accepting something "YOU" didn't ask for. Sales men in any industry almost never listen to what you wish. If you catch them yessing you to death just leave their premises or tell them if they have trouble listening to you will dismiss them from your presence.

What you and everyone else needs to realize YOU -- are charged by insurance, Medicare, or whatever, those are charged is against your name, with what ever you agree to and accept, there are no do overs.
Sully

Postby sacharlie » 01 Sep 2017, 01:37

mleedix1 wrote:I was sent for a custom chair. A long process to get through medicare's rules. But ended up stuck with the Q6 Edge 2.0. My biggest complaint when the process started was that my old chair got stuck too easy and didn't want to deal with that again. NuMotion rep assured me that wouldn't happen. Well here we are... dumb chair would get stuck on a small coin if it had a rain drop on it. Ok, not that bad but you get the idea

So here is my question- It's not a wheelchair tire but I see several 4/4.80 x 8 knobby tires out there. Has anyone tried swapping out the Q6 tires to increase traction?

Never seen anything bigger than 3.5x8 tires for a 8 inch scooter/power chair wheel. Are these wheelbarrow stud tires?
sacharlie

Postby mleedix1 » 01 Sep 2017, 02:05

sacharlie wrote:
mleedix1 wrote:I was sent for a custom chair. A long process to get through medicare's rules. But ended up stuck with the Q6 Edge 2.0. My biggest complaint when the process started was that my old chair got stuck too easy and didn't want to deal with that again. NuMotion rep assured me that wouldn't happen. Well here we are... dumb chair would get stuck on a small coin if it had a rain drop on it. Ok, not that bad but you get the idea

Never seen anything bigger than 3.5x8 tires for a 8 inch scooter/power chair wheel. Are these wheelbarrow stud tires?

You are correct it is not a wheelchair tire persay and may not even work.

I've not tried this yet so they may not even work. Here is the one I'm looking at potentially trying. I am a bit concerned about the chair having the umph to turn the slightly larger diameter of the tire. The width I can machine an adapter if need be so that is hopefully a non issue. I was just curious if any of you have tried it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marathon-Industries-20047-4-80-4-00-8-Air-Filled-Pneumatic-Tire-with-Knobby/111769492279?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
mleedix1

Postby sacharlie » 01 Sep 2017, 02:20

Carlisle, Kenda, Duro and others make wheelbarrow tires that size. I have Michelin 3.5x8 street tread scooter tires on my q6. Better ride than the stock 3x8 gimp grey tires.
These 3.5x8 are 15" tall by 3.5" and haven't decreased the range that I can notice.
sacharlie

Postby Burgerman » 01 Sep 2017, 16:06

Bigger diameter ALWAYS costs some range, causes average battery depth of discharge to increase, and reduces torque proportionally. So the answer is that it depends if you can live with the results. going from 14 to 16 diameter is about 12 percent change in radius. 12% less range 12% less torque.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby mleedix1 » 01 Sep 2017, 17:40

sacharlie wrote:Carlisle, Kenda, Duro and others make wheelbarrow tires that size. I have Michelin 3.5x8 street tread scooter tires on my q6. Better ride than the stock 3x8 gimp grey tires.
These 3.5x8 are 15" tall by 3.5" and haven't decreased the range that I can notice.

That is the answer I was looking to find.

Or course range and torque are huge concerns. But my biggest concern is the ride and traction [to a point involves torque] of course. But this chair beats my neck and back to pieces. Live and learn - my next chair will be similar to Burgerman chairs. Still
working on cad atm but planning just a couple of small changes but for the most part love his design.

Burgerman wrote:...if you can live with the results...

That is the key. I'm hoping to tweak the frame just a tad and get some 24s in there. Width is close enough that it seems feasible but that is on the back burner until we can straighten out the ride. And of course educate the rep that sold this to me. Reading some of your comments earlier on this thread really make me wish we'd asked more questions and spoke my mind before signing the papers.
mleedix1

Postby Burgerman » 01 Sep 2017, 18:05

The biggest issue is (ignoring the mid drive thing) lack of any suspension. You really need to fit these as sidewalls and low pressures are your only way of getting a decent ride.

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/images- ... es-700.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby mleedix1 » 01 Sep 2017, 18:56

This is my long term plan. I love your design.
mleedix1

Postby Soulrider » 17 Dec 2017, 13:52

Well, I think I'm screwed. This has been a learning experience and one that is going to probably take five years to correct. As some of you might remember I was up for a new power chair and being forced to jump through all the hoops, etc. I was being steered ok, pretty much told, you'll be getting a Quantum Q6 Edge 2.0. Don't all applaud at once. banghead Then the word came back that my chair was denied by insurance. So, I contacted the guy I'd been dealing with on getting the chair and asked him about appealing the denial. He said no, it wasn't really worth it. Bottom line without going into everything, I'm staying at a care center right now due to some wounds I have. Because of that, insurance basically denied the chair. This guy I worked with said we'd have to wait until I had a discharge date to start the whole process over again. I asked to speak to one of the physical therapists who were also involved at the "wheelchair fitting" thing I had to go through. So this PT lady calls me and she basically told me the same thing. I thought, this is BS, what do these people care. If I DON'T appeal it then they all get paid a 2nd time when I DO get discharged and the insurance WILL approve the chair. So they have basically NO incentive to encourage me to appeal the denial. So, I went ahead with the appeal on my own! I got my doctor to change my orders so I could get up more (was on bedrest), had my doctor write a letter on my behalf, had like six other people right letters on my behalf. I wrote a three page letter myself. The appeal was to be decided by a human services judge via teleconference between me and the other side/insurance. The hearing/teleconference was scheduled for a Monday, the Friday before the hearing, I got a letter saying the insurance had changed their mind and were now going to pay for the chair. And, they were paying for it EXACTLY as it was spec'd out in the original preapproval request, including the seat elevation feature which I was told by these people at the wheelchair fitting would NEVER be approved even if the chair was approved.
They said they we can request it but they never usually consider it medically necessary. I think I surprised the hell out of the guy who said no, don't bother appealing the denial when I emailed him and asked him if he got a copy of the letter saying I had appealed the denial and the insurance was now paying for the insurance. Especially, since he told me there was no way it was worth appealing.

Anyway, fast forward about a month, the chair should be here by now. I can't get a hold my guy.
He's not responding to my emails. I finally call him only to find he's been out on medical leave and will be for a couple of more weeks. I call this number he left on his voice mail to check on the status of my chair. Turns out the chair is here (at the dealers office). It's probably been there for who knows how long. So, I make arrangements for them to deliver it and this guy brings it out and makes a couple of adjustments I ask him to make to the arm rests, etc. I was in bed when he showed up so I couldn't even get IN the chair to properly try it out while he was here. So while he's making the adjustments I ask him if the programmer is in this big cardboard box of stuff. He looks and says, "ah no...I don't see a programmer." Now, I know..I read what you guys had to say about the absence of a "real"programmer, etc. After talking to this guy I was working with and be very insistent, he agreed to add the programmer that was listed on the order form for the chair. I'd have to pay for it of pocket but he agreed he'd order it for me as he agreed that he believed I was competent enough to not make any incredibly stupid or dangerous changes. So anyway, the guy looks and nope, there's NO programmer in the box. I told the guy there is SUPPOSED to be a programmer WITH the chair as one was ORDERED WITH THE CHAIR. I told him one was SPECIFICALLY ordered. The guy starts going into the usual..."well they don't usually sell the programmers because..." I said, yes, I know and I know why but this was specifically discussed and I was TOLD that I would be getting the programmer WITH the chair. He said, well you'll have to talk to "so and so" when he gets back. Great.

Question if anyone knows, I found this package among the box of "stuff"..owner's manual, charger, etc. It's a small plastic bag with a label that says, "ELE139125" ELECTRONIC ASSY.SERVICE BOARD. W/HARNESS & POUCH QTY:1. In the plastic bag is a small draw string pouch with Quantum on it. Inside are these two cables...that I have NO idea what they are for. There is one that is almost two fee long. On one end it is split and it has a two large alligator clips with red and black rubber/vinyl boots. On the other end is a silver three pin round connector. The other cable in the pouch is a little over four feet long. On one end is a silver, three pin, round connector that looks like the mate to the silver, round, 3 pin connector on the end of the other cable. On the other end of this 2nd cable is pig tail with two, small, rectangular, white, two pin, push-on connectors of some sort. In the MIDDLE of that 2nd cable is what appears to be about a four inch long, inch wide, black, plastic switch of some kind. It's got two arrows that face either end of the switch/cable and they depress slightly if you push on them. There are two small LEDs on one end of the switch and there is a 10 amp blade style fuse plugged into the face of the switch toward the other end. Does anyone have any idea what this is for. I did a search on the number on the label and I came up with this. https://www.southwestmedical.com/replac ... rs-package Apparently this wiring harness or whatever it is, goes for about $70. Is it just a spare part or something? The thing that has me most curious is the switch and the LED lights. If I had to GUESS, I'd say it's maybe a diagnostic cable of some sort. Maybe something that can plug into one of the seating system components or into the main controller box and with the switch maybe run the unit(s) up and down or in/out. Perhaps it can be powered directly from the battery given the alligator clips circumventing the need to use the joystick controller. Again, just guessing. If anyone knows for sure please let me know, I'm curious.

I haven't had much time to test out the chair yet. The little bit I have, I can see that it needs programming changes already. Instead of pushing the joystick forward and it being proportional whereby the further and faster you push it forward the faster it goes towards the top speed of whatever driving profile you are in. This thing.. .you push it all the way forward and the chair SITS THERE FOR A SECOND OR TWO and THEN takes off!? Same thing with revere, turning etc. That, to me seems unpredictable and dangerous. When I push the joystick forward, I want it to start moving immediately and in proportion to how far and how fast I have moved the joystick. NOT just sit there and THEN decide to go. It's like they've programmed in some sort of delay or something. That's gotta change. I REALLY wish I would have read and taken seriously Goose's advice from an earlier post. I was attempting to figure this whole thing out and before I knew it, this guy is ordering the chair. I guess I really didn't think about the concept of not signing for a chair I wasn't completely happy with and that I knew had features (like 22NF batteries) that were going to be completely inappropriate for my needs. I guess I'd hoped this guy I was working with was going to finally listen and we'd get things hashed out before he went and ordered the damn thing. BIG mistake on my end banghead and one, like I said, I'll be paying for for the next five years or so. I'm in a care center now but that's going to change. Once I get out and about, is when I'm really going to feel the inadequacies of the chair in terms of range and so on. I'm just hoping I can get even the dealer level programmer (like I'm supposed to) so I can at least maybe make SOME changes to this thing. I don't want to have to call them for every little tiny tweak that is needed. I have my doubts though which REALLY ticks me off. Terribly sorry for the novel here, I just waned to give an update to what's transpired since my last post on this subject. Thank you to Goose and everyone who's given me information on this "chair". I just wished I'd pay more attention to some of it, sooner.
Soulrider

Postby rover220 » 17 Dec 2017, 14:35

It's not a diagnostic cable. It's a simple dpdt switch with fancy lights that can be used to force an actuator to run incase you have a module failure.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 17 Dec 2017, 15:38

Their idea of steering and programming is interesting no? :lol:

I jUst ordered a custom chair with lots of non standard stuff and it will be 20 days from order to delivery (in a few days) or less. And I ordered the oem programmer first BEFORE the chair, since the choice of chairs control system depended on this, so I knew it could be properly configured.

I predume they are going to find your programmer? :cussing
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Soulrider » 20 Dec 2017, 15:20

Wow, no, can't say I'm fan of the programming I've seen so far. I haven't had a chance to really get out and do a whole but what I see so far, programming wise, I don't like! :cussing This delay they have programmed in from when you push the joystick all the way forward to when the chair actually MOVES is just annoying and actually dangerous in my opinion. I want the chair to move when I TELL IT TO MOVE, not a couple seconds later. Playing around I found this delay is less in the a couple of the high/faster "outdoor" profiles they have set up. The couple of lower/slower "indoor" profiles they have programmed have this nasty delay in both forward, backward and when turning.

My problem is I want to raise hell now because this programmer isn't there but I know I'm just going to have to wait until this guy who I'm working with who actually ordered the chair gets back in the office from his medical leave which isn't until 12/26/17. Only another week, but still..very annoying being without the ability to change what I want. I would have snagged a programmer of of ebay already before the chair arrived by I don't know which (if any) of the models available, would work.

But yeah, somebody better find my programmer. I'm guessing maybe the chair came in and with my guy being out on medical leave, someone may have gone through the box of accessories, manual, battery charger, etc before the chair was delivered the other day and removed the programmer thinking, "OH, their not supposed to have that."

Question, if you get the ilevel seating (seat elevation function) which also gives you the LED fender lights, shouldn't the lights come on automatically when the joystick controller is powered up. That's the way they show it in some of the YT videos I've seen. The guy who delivered the chair asked me if I wanted him to install the little, black "egg switch" for the fender lights while he was here. I wasn't quite sure yet where I wanted the switch mounted so I said no. However, I thought if you got the fender lights installed from the manufacturer (due to having the iLevel seating option), that they were supposed to come on and shut off with the joystick controller being powered on and off. I thought you had the option then to turn them on/off with the switch but that they'd automatically go on/off with the joystick controller power. Anyone know?
Soulrider

Postby Burgerman » 20 Dec 2017, 18:25

No. Pride are too stingy to integrate the lighting into the controller. Its an afterthought, so you get to have a seperate cheap switch.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 20 Dec 2017, 19:06

Burgerman wrote:No. Pride are too stingy to integrate the lighting into the controller. Its an afterthought, so you get to have a seperate cheap switch.

Well i believe it can be done that way if it was ordered to be wired that way from the start on the order form - which the salesman dealer- does from the start - its cheaper to have a switch control it - and tilt etc, or can have it wired to work from joystick at a cost - same with Sunrise - and others - some users even prefer to have it on a switch , button or toggle for other reasons - but when ordering a chair - dealer and therapist will shoot for the least expensive options if they feel the user can use a switch instead - its all about costs - insurance and needs - if its not needed - they will look to cut the cost - if they see the user needs it in the joystick or cant use the function any other way - they will do it - based on there insurance also -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 20 Dec 2017, 21:31

No. Those particular lights are designed as a retrofit setup. You get switch, plastic fenders with LEDs. Its designed cheap for aftermarket fitment too. Even if on the orderform.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 20 Dec 2017, 22:05

Burgerman wrote:No. Those particular lights are designed as a retrofit setup. You get switch, plastic fenders with LEDs. Its designed cheap for aftermarket fitment too. Even if on the orderform.

Correct. It's not possible from stock to have them on with joystick powered. You have to have the desperate egg switch.
rover220

Postby expresso » 20 Dec 2017, 22:14

yes they are cheap - and can be added later - but if its on the order form - when the chair is being built - they can have it controled from the joystick - unless the joystick they are getting dosnt support it - unless pride is different or they changed how they do it now - i have seen the item that plugs into the joystick which has buttons to control features - can be 4 buttons - one for lights - one for something else - now that i think about it - i seen that on many chairs - not sure if the users choose it that way or not - or may not even be told they can have it the other way - and the vendor just does it that way -

you have to ask alot of questions - be very specific with all details - even then you can miss something - i tell everyone the same thing - - example - my friend is doing new chair - going for the boulder also - if we ever get it - ok so they told him tilt recline etc, - he didnt even know what that means -

when he told me - i told him - the sides will be open - not boxed in the arm posts like he wants - he didnt know that - also that the rear seat back will have the actulator - another thing he didnt know - and he wanted swing away legs - not center - ok so if i didnt tell him this - he would have gotten a chair he dont like or wanted in that way -

yes he should have know what hes doing at the time - ask questions when your not sure - he just assumed this or that - and thats why he ends up with chairs he dosnt like or too slow or what ever after the fact - thats an example - and hes not sure if they are doing lithium and the speed etc, he wanted - because he didnt ask

he asked them to copy my order - hoping to get the same speed and setup - but i have a seat lift also - and he dosnt want it - why i dont know - he can get it - its covered - i would take it - but he dosnt want it - so to each there own - he hasnt been able to get in touch with them to make or confirm the changes he wants -

and i still dont know about mines either - approved or not - Next year i may know something - its been about 4 months - i started in Feb. but changed chairs so my fault for the long delay - or else i would have had another 646se in my house now - on avg. if all goes well - at least 6 months -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Soulrider » 20 Dec 2017, 22:23

Actually, the lights themselves are physically the same whether installed at the factory or afterwards. They are just LEDs molded into a plastic fender. The either install the regular plastic fender without lights or if you're getting lights they put on the fenders with the lights built in. The other difference then is whether they are run directly off of the controller with the appropriate buttons (if installed at the factory. Or if purchased separately they are run off of the separate plastic "egg switch" I found in the owner's manual where there are two different button configurations for the Q-Logic 3 controller. There is one configuration that has a "I" , "home", "horn", "II' buttons with "I" and "II" being the mode buttons. The manual says, "If your Q-Logic 3 Controller is equipped with a lighting system, the Home Button and key I and key II select buttons will be REPLACED with a light button and left/right turn indicator buttons. It goes on to explain the function of the turn indicators including that if BOTH left and right indicator buttons are pressed at the same time it will activate the Hazard Lights. czy

I also got a call back regarding the programmer issue. I was told the usual company line whereby there are only programmers at the factory where the units are programmed. Beyond that the guy tried to tell some other stories how the dealers had some programmers but the only things they could change were the same options that can be changed through the options on the controller anyway (the same ones that "I" would already have access to via the controller. I told him I again realize that's the company story but that I'm sorry, I don't believe any of it. I told him I know programmers exist. I know they don't want people making changes that could be dangerous for liability purposes, etc. I said, I'm sorry but when someone is purchasing a chair that runs in the multiple 10's of thousands of dollars they should be able to purchase a programmer and not have to ask and wait for someone to come out every time they want to change some little setting on the THEIR chair. I then received a call back about some other adjustment (mechanical) that I needed done and the same guy said he'd checked into it and told me a slightly different story about how yes, their were programmers at the dealer level that could do more but they are specifically licensed to THAT dealer and were very tightly controlled...yada, yada, yada. I told them I know there are programmer out there but I wasn't going to argue about it over the phone. So the end result was basically no your not getting a programmer but you're free to take it up with so and so (the guy I'm dealing with who's out on medical leave right now until like Dec. 26th).
Soulrider

Postby Burgerman » 21 Dec 2017, 00:13

The programmer that the dealer uses is called DEALER level. Thats the very same programmer that is available to the public and its right there on the prescription form. Near top... https://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/order ... _w_tb3.pdf

Q-Logic PC Programming Disk with Cable.... $750 LUDICROUS PRICE FOR DEALER LEVEL!!! Part: ELEASMB5216

Theres also a OEM level tool, that pride keep at the factory, with 10x more capability, but they started to deny that that it exists 5 or 6 years back. It does of course, as these controllers are actually made for pride by curtis instruments. And may of us were already using the curtis OEM level programmers. http://assets.curtisinstruments.com/Upl ... 4_RevE.pdf But being pride this now does not work with qlogic3...

Also of interest https://www.curtisinst.co.uk/news/curti ... ol-system/
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 21 Dec 2017, 06:24

The dealer is pretty much correct when it comes to q logic 3 programming.

Pc programming can only be done via a cloud based program that requires a login to be created by quantum or Curtis. The 1313 handheld programmers are also linked by serial number to the dealers individual account.

As an end user self programming q logic 3 is nigh on impossible.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 21 Dec 2017, 10:27

Whilst I believe this to be correct, and had in on the front page for a month, what is this option to the user?

I-level Q6 edge order form. Near top... https://www.pridemobility.com/pdf/order ... _w_tb3.pdf
Q-Logic PC Programming Disk with Cable.... $750 Part: ELEASMB5216

Is still on the qlogic3 chairs form. It doesent say it wont work.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 21 Dec 2017, 11:23

Knowing pride it's probably for Rnet or vr2 as the qlogic 3 is a software download and connects via Bluetooth to a pc.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 21 Dec 2017, 12:41

Or it only works with the speciality controls and older Q-Logic 2 etc. Because this part number is def a Q-logic programmer at eye watering price! ELEASMB5216

As you said before. Dont buy anything q-logic 3 as its designed to be inaccessible by us.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Soulrider » 21 Dec 2017, 13:00

What about this programmer. I believe this is the one that I was supposed to get. This one is also still on the order form along with the other one. What is the story with this one? Q-Logic EX/NE Programmer........$545 - Part: ELEASMB6976

They also told me one of the programmers only made the same changes that could be made from the joystick controller itself. However, WHY would you even need a programmer that could make those same changes? Why wouldn't you just go in and make them ON the controller? That's the thing I don't like about this is that when talking to this guy who's with the local vendor his story kept changing. He told me one thing but when I told him I knew that what he told me was, quite frankly a lie, he then called back later saying he'd checked into it and told me another story where part of what I told him I knew to be true, was true. But then of course he spun it off into another story which still, of course ended me with me not getting a programmer. I really hate it when people lie and the story keeps changing.
Soulrider

Postby Burgerman » 21 Dec 2017, 13:03

Nothing will work with qlogic3. Pride have it all locked safely away so no user can make it work properly. Worse, I never met a dealer that had any clue either so you pretty much screwed. Dont buy pride anything.

The dealer or on board programming only allows a few very basic adjustments to be made, usually within walls set up to give you limmited options. Anything beyond this means relying on pride, and a download with different settings. Which isnt usually possible.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Next

Return to Powerchair Reviews