Heartway CEO P25 Power Chair

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Heartway CEO P25 Power Chair

Postby Wisoak » 27 Mar 2016, 18:54

I have owned 2 Heartway USA products for almost 3 years now, a Vita S12S 4 wheel scooter now approaching 2100 troublefree miles, and a CEO P25 powerchair. I needed a powerchair with a seat elevator as my Muscular Dystrophy has depleated my leg's quad muscles, not enabling me to stand from a seated position.

The S12S scooter has been excellent and enables me to travel places quickly and safely at 11 mph.

The CEO P25 powerchair, although not intended as a rough terrain vehicle has been successfully used as one in my hobby of metal detecting...and I use it a lot for that purpose (in the first 2.5 months of 2016, I logged 117.25 hours of use just during my metal detecting). The 14 x 3" drive tires and 10 x 3 front casters have served me well in areas where the 3" ground clearance won't cause me problems. The elevator system is tough and reliable and is used extensively during my metal detecting escapes. To allow front access for the metal detector, I remove the front leg rests and detect for coins in a half elevated seat position. I rest my feet on top of the front castor mounts. When I locate a target I want to dig, I drop my feet off the castors and lower the seat elevator to its lowest position (19" from ground). This height allows me to use a hand trowel to dig shallow targets (6" depth max.). I am closing in on 1100 coins since the first of this year (2.75 months). With all the trash that I also dig up, and all the other times even at home that I use the seat elevator, I estimate about 10,000+ seat elevator cycles per year. That's a bunch. The seat elevator on this model also allows adequate height to sit at pub table height to watch NFL football at the local establishments.

This chair has only 450W 4-pole drive motors, but the drive system seems more than sufficient to move my 200# carcass around, even in deep grass and semi-rough conditions. The 90 amp R-net control system seems like an adequate match also. Two 75 amp batteries provide me with plenty of hours for semi-rough terrain metal detecting, and all the hours I can stand if detecting in a city or county park.

My Heartway chair and scooter are both made in Taiwan by a dedicated mobility product company. I also own a Pride Quantum 6000Z that costs 3 times what the Heartway CEO P25 did, and the Quantum 6000Z has failed a drive motor, tilt actuator and a few other components during mostly indoor use. I do my own maintainence on my mobility vehicles which on these two Heartway products have only been checks and very little work or adjustments. :D
Attachments
edited_1454217906934.jpg
Wisoak

Re: Heartway CEO P25 Power Chair

Postby Burgerman » 27 Mar 2016, 19:56

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Sully » 28 Mar 2016, 14:23

John, What no comment ? The prices I saw were realistic.
Sully

Postby Burgerman » 28 Mar 2016, 15:17

6mph, 90A controller. Probably worth a look. Not sure I trust chinese powerchairs without a real good look! Shame they dont do 120-A controller, 8.5mph (13kph) etc. What prices?

Found... http://heartwayintl.com/heartway-p25-ce ... heelchair/

Thats actually about 30% more than I can get an 8mph Sunrise Quickie brand new chair for in the UK though. http://www.sunrisemedical.co.uk/powered ... rs/jive-r2

Specs and prices, (less 30%) to me... And no VAT.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LROBBINS » 28 Mar 2016, 18:28

But you're not going to get a Sunrise chair with lift, tilt and powered articulating legrests at that price. Of course you don't want those anyway!

For some people, however, my daughter for example, one or more of those are majorly useful. The separate legrests would come off for her (she uses a center platform as you do), but we use lift and tilt multiple times every day. Her lift is only 6 inches and takes 5 sec down, 7 or so sec up, but we often move it only a fraction of that. The tilt is ca. 50o if the elevator is all the way up, less if down, and moves the full range in ca. 5 sec. but it too is often also moved only for a fraction of its range. For example, to get Rachi on and off the toilet we move the seat down about 2" and tilt back about 20o or so, but if her aid is helping instead of Ellen, we move the seat down more because Jenny is much shorter than Ellen. It's similarly positioned when we move her from bed to chair so that I can get behind her and lift her weight up while Ellen gets her butt moved back in the seat. At table, the seat is full down so that she can get under the table. For driving, the seat is usually full up and with just a little dump, but when just sitting around if Rachi's dystonia is bad we tilt it back quite a bit more or she gets her head out of the headrest.

Ciao,
Lenny
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 28 Mar 2016, 19:08

Yep!
But you're not going to get a Sunrise chair with lift, tilt and powered articulating legrests at that price. Of course you don't want those anyway!

5351 base price rear drive
101 extra for grp 24 upgrade
303 extra 13kph (includes 120A R-net upgrade)
1589 extra tilt/lift combined
451 extra powered elevating legrests
7805 total

(Not included 12A charger upgrade that they reccomend) since I dont need one. So 8A included. I actually wouldnt buy charger, batteries, or any of the lift stuff. Just for comparison.

less 30% = £5463.50 pence delivered as above.
Without powered lift/tilt/legrests, and with 8mph upgrade/120Rnet its £3957 delivered to me.

Which I dont think is bad. And I can buy at that price. And its not chinese. Well at least its not obviously chinese! But not everyone has the contacts to get 30% off... But thats with MK batteries (presumably) 120A Rnet with better colour handset, 13kph motors, and a large company like sunrise to go back to or order parts in the future. So I would be inclined to go this way.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Wisoak » 28 Mar 2016, 22:09

John, please accept the fact that speed is not many powerchair user's priority. As far as "Chinese" parts are concerned......I've worked with Chinese parts and I've worked with Taiwan parts...different countries, different quality. Pride Quantum use Chinese motors, don't last and are super expensive.

The reason for my post on this chair was to relay my positive experience with this product, not get into a discussion about what controller would be better, what option would be better, or such.

My personal observations between many brands of chairs before my purchase included chassis, suspension and certain other necessary features. I'm not sure if the Quickie you mention is the same as the one offered here in the USA, but I chose the CEO P25 as the model that fit my needs over such other brands including Sunrise

When I want to go fast, I drive my Vita S12S scooter that goes 18 kph. I don't need to pop wheelies, and in fact, wheelies were not on my criteria list when looking at a powerchair.
Wisoak

Postby Burgerman » 28 Mar 2016, 22:32

I wes only comparing prices. The 8mph was an option. 6mph was cheaper. I have no idea if the build quality or oerformance is god or bad, no experience. Yes many issues with pride motors. (and programming). The sunrise chair uses 6 or 8mph German AMT mptors. The 6mph chairs are a better choiuce for most people (better torque/range) on a given battery anyway. I was lookinbg to see what I could get gor the same cost.

As for parts I also dont know. But I get parts for a 15 and 20 year old sunrise chairs, thats been discontinuers for around 5 years now, without issue. Will that chairs parts stiill be available after 20 years and long after its discontinued? It may be a good chair, but these sort of questions are a bit of an unknown with brands we never heard of. Although there are more and more of them. It may be a great chair. It actually looks from the small pictures like a copy of a Handycare chair that I forget the name of.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 29 Mar 2016, 03:33

What is the price of this Heartway P25? I tried to click on the "get quote" button but then the site hangs up, no price shows.

I see this powerchair has many advantages. It has nearly full features with a compact design and it weighs only 75kg (w/o batteries).

By the picture, it seems a bit small for Wisoak's size :lol: I wonder what Wisoak was doing in fields? Hunting some animals?
snaker

Postby ex-Gooserider » 29 Mar 2016, 03:40

It didn't look like a bad chair from the pictures and description, and compared to what Pride, Sunrise etc. bill insurance companies for a chair with similar features the price is pretty reasonable.... It doesn't give the Group # for the batteries, but 75A implies Group 24, and it has good wheel and caster sizes...

(The $8300 price that BM pointed at is only about 3K more than my insurance was billed for my MANUAL chair!)

Also from the picture, it looks like they might be avoiding the typical US chair tendency to make their so-called RWD chairs into MWD by having big honking anti-tips that are jammed into the ground all the time....

I'm not planning to buy one, but would certainly like to hear reactions from others that have tried one, and check one out in person...

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby rover220 » 29 Mar 2016, 07:43

Hard to tell from the pic but it looks like a copy of the Handicare Alex?
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 29 Mar 2016, 09:35

Yes thats the one.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Sully » 29 Mar 2016, 16:33

Snaker; The price shown is in the front of the chair in the picture. I assume it is the suggested retail price.
http://heartwayintl.com/heartway-p25-ce ... heelchair/ Further down on the page are "cheaper" models with prices shown.

It also appears that they provide for a paid premium repair service. I find that very interesting.

Sully

Postby Burgerman » 29 Mar 2016, 17:17

£5,811.79
+ 300 del if you want it in one bit!
+ 400 2 year warranty, that sunrise give free.

5811 + 700 = 6511 pounds. Thats actually more expensive than the jive2 model from sunrise with better spec/speed/controller etc.

Its worth a look, but the Alex is a similar price too. And the same chair possibly or the original. http://www.handicare.co.uk/media/237845 ... ass_uk.pdf

This is also now been taken over by sunrise, and I can do a deal and get 30% off.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 29 Mar 2016, 17:24

Further down on the page are "cheaper" models with prices shown

bUT A LITTLE BASIC!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 30 Mar 2016, 02:47

The price seems EU/US specific, not for Asian users or even Taiwanese disabled people themselves.
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 30 Mar 2016, 13:52

European manufacturer, has it built in Taiwan and shipped to EU/US for sale.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Heygnow » 02 Apr 2016, 22:59

$7,347 USD here and link to User Manual

http://www.discovermymobility.com/store/powerwheelchairs/heartway/ceoP25-p/ob.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2_23BRDb_qbvzK3X8M8BEiQAg87AF4787Bs6pP7v4nKFz7GloviNvaVSp3mq5eP33qPLD2IaAkOb8P8HAQ

http://www.heartwayusa.com/wp-content/uploads/User%20Manuals/p25.pdf

This looks nice also,HP7KX Sahara KX

Heygnow

Postby Burgerman » 03 Apr 2016, 00:17

But we have looked at that one before. They just stuck wide tyres on a stock chair. It ends up needing its own motorway or a barn to park in!

OK for outdoors only. As its a huge 32 inches wide, only has 13 mile range from 50Ah batteries.

But its cheap at £3000

http://heartwayintl.com/heartway-hp7kx- ... wer-chair/
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Step » 07 Apr 2016, 22:18

I had a look at their product catalogue and there's a Chalenger range, P20 that seems to do kinda what BM's green one does.
Use 10km/h motors and add 30% larger wheels to increase speed to 13km/h.
This way may cost you torque and battery but if you live in a flat area and don't do off-road, it might be for you.
Swap to black tires, central footrest, lightweight aftermarket seat and backrest and have a good looking chair.
I like tubular frames.

The model discussed above does look very much like an Alex but the front suspension is different.
Same principle with the rubber blocks but not a direct clone.
From just looking at it and owning an Alex myself... I would say it does look like a comfortable chair and the 90A controller is a pity but for the non- hooligans a 'maybe' option if for some reason comparable F55 or quicky 646 frames can't be found.

Mind you, only this frame (or Alex and Puma- like frames) will allow the mounting of the larger (not wider) wheels. The F55 and 646 will need frame adjustments to do the same for quick speed increase.

My 2 cents
Step
Step

Return to Powerchair Reviews