Otto Bock - C1000DS

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Otto Bock - C1000DS

Postby Maria Chiara » 29 Apr 2016, 13:40

Hello,
have any of you ever tried this powerchair? I am considering it as a second/back up powerchair and I could do with some feedback and comments. Some information about myself and my needs: I am small and light-weight, I have a muscular atrophy, the main things I look for in a chair are a really smooth ride - also in very rough terrains -, compactness, decent speed and power, and all the usual things, really... plus tilt-in-space, lift and fully recline options for seating comfort.
Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPKLBeLzWaY
Maria Chiara

Re: Otto Bock - C1000DS

Postby Burgerman » 29 Apr 2016, 16:24

I looked at these before. Meyra have something similar.

They are really more scooter than powerchair. They sort of behave as a front drive scooter powerchair outdoors with a few disadvantages at speed that all front drive rear steer chairs have. But are a bit weird and sluggish to control around zero to slow forward/reverse speeds esp where that crosses over while turning. The powered caster wheels are too slow to respond at these times. So that would rule it out for me, but everyone is different. I like chairs that steer instantly and jump when I tell them.

Also its long indoors with a long bit of chair behind you. That too would bother me and would hit everything and run over toes behind me in a busy pub for eg. So the length and manoeverability speed, would make it a pain for me. Also a bit heavy.

Try it! It may be what you want. My needs are different to many.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Otto Bock - C1000DS

Postby Maria Chiara » 01 May 2016, 12:06

Thank you!
Maria Chiara

Return to Powerchair Reviews