Custom parts by forum member

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Custom parts by forum member

Postby Step » 21 Jul 2016, 10:18

Hi guys,

A while back, a member here announced he started producing BM clones.
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5768

I contacted him and asked for a couple of custom made parts as I have most f55 parts needed for a rebuild lying around.
Contact was very pleasant and after a couple of emails back and forth, I ordered a footrest, centre battery box, some rods and other smaller parts with him.

Production time was faster than expected and Tom did the effort of finding a reasonably priced international transporter.

The pieces arrived well packaged and the quality seems excellent.
I measured them and they are as we agreed upon.
nice welds, no sharp edges, clean and crisp finish, ...
bit of DIY needed, drilling holes for motor attachment for instance, as requested by me but Tom offerred to do them as well.
I can't assemble the chair right now, due to ongoing health issues I'm stuck in bed but look forward to it even more now.

Overall, pleasant contact, very helpfull to solve user specific settings (anti-tip length, motor position options, footrest, ...)
Good quality parts
Good delivery times
Very good and honest pricing compared to other manufacturers of welded parts I contacted in my neighbourhood (Belgium)

Hope this helps
Step
Step

Re: Custom parts by forum member

Postby Sully » 21 Jul 2016, 14:39

Step;
That is a great thing to hear. Tom very much seems like a good businessman, and supply source. Folks never hear the good things that some folks do. This is a good one! Thanks, my faith in finding such a person here in the USA can be renewed.

Sully

Sully

Re: Custom parts by forum member

Postby Step » 22 Jul 2016, 11:46

Sully,

If you just need parts, it might be worth it to contact Tom.
I know he'd prefer to focus on selling complete chairs though but I don't know if he's had much response for that.

Shipping might be affordable.
Even for a full build without batteries.

Step
Step

Return to Powerchair Reviews