Sensor Gearless Brushless? HELP!

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Sensor Gearless Brushless? HELP!

Postby elryko1992 » 15 Sep 2016, 11:02

I have a Invacare Typhoon 2, and i read much on te internet and i don't found anything to help me, and i think is the sensor HALL from motor LEFT, when i open the chair is work to go back and ahead its works but when i want to go right is locked and left the same problem, and blink 3 flashes and i read on the manual is the motor LEFT, the brake is sound good and i feel when i drive ahead or back, and i think is the HALL sensor, but i think the power module defect the sensor from the motor, anyone can help me? please? Look to image! please :( :? the error from joystick is like a "J" and in the manual is not founding. i never see this error
Attachments
IMG_0014.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
elryko1992

Re: Sensor Gearless Brushless? HELP!

Postby Burgerman » 15 Sep 2016, 11:11

If it drives forwards, and backwards ok, normal behavior, then there is no motor fault.

If the problem is only when turning, then the joystick or controller has a fault.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby elryko1992 » 15 Sep 2016, 12:00

I buy a motor from Germany 400 euro, a week ago, because the first motor give me same error after 6 months, and now again, :( :cry: ... and where i found the controller? or a joystick to buy? the joystick is REM24SD and the controller is DX-GB-AS.
elryko1992

Postby elryko1992 » 15 Sep 2016, 19:36

Can you help me please Burgerman? Please! Please! i need the chair
elryko1992

Postby Burgerman » 15 Sep 2016, 19:42

Dont know how! Its one of those things where you need to measure, and test in person. See whats going on.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby elryko1992 » 15 Sep 2016, 20:14

But how? please tell me some details? or where i can found something to help me? i contact the dynamic control and he say to me i need a partener shop to send the controler to him, he not work with personal people only dealer.
elryko1992

Postby Burgerman » 15 Sep 2016, 23:10

Well its like solving a crime. You test, measure, see what does work, what doesn't, and use logic, multi-meter, or whatever it takes to find the fault. For eg you said forwards, backwards, both OK. So it cannot be a motor problem.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby elryko1992 » 16 Sep 2016, 21:15

i try in more ways, i check both motors, and joystick and the controler with multi-meter check cable one by one, everythings is good, i check the sensor. if i have a DX-HHP programmer or OEM Wizard program, of God... no one want to help me
elryko1992

Postby LROBBINS » 16 Sep 2016, 21:48

The Wizard program is a free download on the Dynamic web site. However, to use it you need to have a dongle and cables. The dongle is expensive and come in both dealer and OEM versions.
LROBBINS

Postby elryko1992 » 17 Sep 2016, 07:57

And you have this? Can you help me? you see this error some time? or to someone?
elryko1992

Postby Burgerman » 17 Sep 2016, 09:55

LROBBINS wrote:The Wizard program is a free download on the Dynamic web site. However, to use it you need to have a dongle and cables. The dongle is expensive and come in both dealer and OEM versions.

Read slowly!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby elryko1992 » 17 Sep 2016, 10:31

I read slowly BBM, i found the wizard program, but i don't have the necessary kit cable... and the Dynamic Controls not respond, on e-mail, only phone, and i call them and he works only with dealer.
elryko1992

Postby Burgerman » 17 Sep 2016, 11:19

You need to find someone with oem level programming capability. The manufacturer will not deal with end users.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby elryko1992 » 17 Sep 2016, 13:01

You know somebody? i pay to him, give me a PM, BBM if you want or know some guy, or a telephone or address, please.

And i want to ask if i buy a DX-HHP hand held programmer from ebay i found, it help for my problem?
elryko1992

Postby gcebiker » 20 Oct 2016, 14:32

Hi, I am in Australia...I have an OEM Wizard Tool...it wont help you.
The tool is to adjust settings.

As you said it has three flash error.

In the manual it says.
The drive electronics are capable of rectifying some errors automatically. In this case the status
display will cease to flash. Please switch the remote on and off several times. Wait approx. 5
seconds each time before switching the remote on again. If this does not rectify the error, locate
the error using the flash codes shown below.

I also work on this type of motors, its very unlikely that there is anything internal at fault...unless you have had it in a lot of water or damaged it some other way.

What is more likely is that there is some surface build up on the connectors on your motor to controller wires.

Try connecting and disconnecting several times till the metal surface of the connectors looks a bit cleaner, clean with cotton tips and alcohol cleaner if you have any.

Then try the above procedure as outlined in the Manual.
http://greenmobility.com.au/rc-wheelchair-controller/
My YouTube Ch -- https://www.youtube.com/user/gcebiker
gcebiker

Postby ex-Gooserider » 25 Oct 2016, 04:58

I don't know about the newer Dynamic controllers, but my old Storm Arrow with the first generation GB motors and a Mk-IV control system has a routine in the hand-held programmer to 'calibrate' the motors.... According to the manual, it is supposed to be done if one replaces a motor or the controller. (I may do it eventually but haven't tried it yet....) The procedure is to block the chair up so that the motors are off the ground and then enter the routine with the programmer - it spins the motors back and forth, and does some sort of internal routine to match the motor to the controller...

Might be worth checking to see if there is a similar thing in the newer controllers.

As others have said, if the motors are going forwards and backwards, it is unlikely to be a motor problem, since that is what the motors do....

One thing I've seen suggested is to try swapping the motor connectors between the left and right motors - if the problem stays on the same side of the chair then it is a motor issue, but if it switches to the other side (i.e. you get the same error) then it is a controller problem....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Return to Powerchair Reviews