You Q Liam

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

You Q Liam

Postby Tee » 20 Nov 2016, 16:37

Does anyone know if the Liam is any good?
Tee

Re: You Q Liam

Postby Burgerman » 20 Nov 2016, 17:41

Its a budget chair with 2 pole motors, lower power controller, and smaller batteries and fewer options. It may be OK if you are fairly light.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Tee » 20 Nov 2016, 17:55

11 stone soaked through! Went for the 6mph option so we'll see. I think it has 60AH batteries. It has swing away leg rests but I may change them for a centre foot plate if it can be done easily enough.
Tee

Postby Tee » 18 Dec 2016, 15:07

Had the Liam a few weeks now and find it a decent chair for what I paid. I am lightly built so that will prob help. I find it quick enough for what I need it for,I will still be looking to get 8mph in my next chair though ☺ Its quite low to sit in but it is comfy enough and very nimble for taking on trains or buses. I haven't taken it for a really long run yet,prob 8 miles or there about is the furthest I have went. I know the battery meter isn't accurate but I only lost 3 green lights on that run and was 6mph most of the way. It was still pulling good even after that so that's enough for me. I got the 6mph option with a few extras. All in all I would say its a decent wee chair for what you pay. I would recommend it for someone who is light and has a normal day to day use. If you are heavy or want it for sports or anything like that I don't know. I use mine for walking my dog,hospital or doc appointments and out most days at friends or shops. I prob use between 4 and 8 miles each day and it never gets off the green lights or slows up.
Tee

Return to Powerchair Reviews