TAiqMWD

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: TAiqMWD

Postby Burgerman » 03 Apr 2017, 00:09

Here's the RWD version... https://patienthandling.com.au/ta-iq-re ... wer-chair/ Looks like your typical indoor/outdoor 4mph NHS chair!

Steve

Except it has 4 wheel suspension, and AMT motors, which can be 6 or 8 mph. And centre footplate which is a huge improvement over the typical swing away efforts!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby AndyC » 03 Apr 2017, 02:48

Hi There,
The fact that Ian and Jules and Nick posted to the message board is kind of my fault.
I found your site and was surprised no one had reviewed the TA so I sent a few clients the following email.

"Hi guys
Does anyone feel like posting their thoughts about the TA on this site.
Seems like a few people use it for info.
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com"

I didnt tell anyone what they should post and I definitely would be unhappy if they held back if they had any problems. I actually think if I tried to coach Julie she we write the opposite.
Im sorry if it has upset anyone. Everyone who has gotten a TA from us has become a friend so I felt comfortable asking. I just didnt know that it would cause any offence.

Best
Andy
AndyC

Postby Ozmox » 03 Apr 2017, 05:21

Hi Moderator

Can I introduce myself - I am the guy Julie referred to as recommending a TAIQ chair, which she and her husband eventually purchased and love to death.

I have indeed had quadriplegia since 1970 due to a racing car accident. You check my legitimacy by googling my name (its my email name, which you have) and Formula Vee in Australia. Or my name plus disability.

I can understand why you might think these posts were spam - Andy of Patient Handling in Sydney gives such good customer service that we all seem to regard him as a friend and would do anything to keep him in business.

My TAIQ is a FWD, chosen because it goes low enough for me to drive my Hyundai van from it wo\ithout the floor needing to be modified, and FWD because it is easier to back out of the driving position as there are no front casters to turn sideways and jam on the tunnel or door sill.

And my TAIQFWD is by far the best chair I've ever had.

Great site, by th way.

Cheers
Ozmox

Postby Burgerman » 03 Apr 2017, 10:43

I didnt tell anyone what they should post and I definitely would be unhappy if they held back if they had any problems. I actually think if I tried to coach Julie she we write the opposite.
Im sorry if it has upset anyone. Everyone who has gotten a TA from us has become a friend so I felt comfortable asking. I just didnt know that it would cause any offence.

Best
Andy

No offense, it just looked identical to the usual mountain of spam coming from the same continent! If its not, all well and good!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Nicko » 05 Apr 2017, 07:15

Hoax Bugerman...?

Nicko
Attachments
image.jpg
TA IQ MWD
Nicko

Postby Nicko » 05 Apr 2017, 07:53

No offence taken'!!!

Cheers to all!

Nicko
Attachments
image.jpg
TA IQ MWD in tilt mode
Nicko

Postby Burgerman » 05 Apr 2017, 10:06

Love your sunshine! Just getting warmer here now.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby CPguy » 12 Apr 2017, 14:42

We are talking about the wheelchair offered here: http://ta-service.dk/en/index.php?optio ... Itemid=284 with a 12,5 km/h gearbox.
The original poster claims 4200 km in 3.5 years (= approx. 1278 days). That equals 3.3 km on average per day which is not bad but my average is closer to 5 km/per day (ranging from 500 m to 15 km). I consider him a light user and Denmark is very flat and has very low curbs (I lived there for a few years so I know).

The data from the manual are not exciting: http://ta-service.dk/en/images/pdf/TA_i ... l_2-36.pdf
My rides:
1 BM2/BM3 with 120 A R-Net and Odessey (Lithium in 2016)
1 SKS Swiss VIVA (spare, as only NF22 size battery)
2 Progeo YOGA (for traveling)
CPguy

Postby Burgerman » 12 Apr 2017, 15:09

That equals 3.3 km on average per day which is not bad

Really? About 2 miles?
So far today I didn't go far, but have been into town to the bank, and then a coffee shop for food. Now home. Thats about 5 miles (2 there, 2 back, and a mile going from bank to coffee shop). And now I am going to meet a friend back in town via a motorcycle dealership to collect some parts. Before coming home to do some work on my van. I would guess at about 12 to 14 miles by the end of the average day (pub) and home.

Tested this on GPS in the past, and even a trip around the nearest park and back before my dog died was 2 miles and a bit. Used to go their twice a day.

Currently on charge at 40A as I type ready to go out again. I am not unusual, theres plenty like me! Theres vast differences in usage pattern between powerchair users. Nandol in portugal never had enough range, and expresso was doing 20 to 40 miles a day measured.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby sin85 » 02 Jun 2017, 02:24

Burgerman wrote:
That equals 3.3 km on average per day which is not bad

Really? About 2 miles?
So far today I didn't go far, but have been into town to the bank, and then a coffee shop for food. Now home. Thats about 5 miles (2 there, 2 back, and a mile going from bank to coffee shop). And now I am going to meet a friend back in town via a motorcycle dealership to collect some parts. Before coming home to do some work on my van. I would guess at about 12 to 14 miles by the end of the average day (pub) and home.

Tested this on GPS in the past, and even a trip around the nearest park and back before my dog died was 2 miles and a bit. Used to go their twice a day.

Currently on charge at 40A as I type ready to go out again. I am not unusual, theres plenty like me! Theres vast differences in usage pattern between powerchair users. Nandol in portugal never had enough range, and expresso was doing 20 to 40 miles a day measured.

cannot agree more. due to a great weather in Perth (Aus not Scotland) couple of lithium powered friends of mine and I regularly do 40+km. on rare occasions that it rains I do 10kmor close enough.
sin85

Postby daunjan » 26 Jun 2018, 09:46

Hi There,

Ive got same TA IQ MWD best chair Ive had for comfort & range. I can easily do 40km in my chair would like upgrade to get more but looking build RWD similar to Burgerman. This chair reminds me of the old Glide Powerchair it had independent frog suspension so smooth over curbs.

Speed is 12km k but love faster. Only downside is front wheels bang against footplates and no good tight gabs when reversing re turning front wheels.

Best thing chair is low so fits under tables never could do this before.

Will post picture under my table tomorrow when painting

cheers
daunjan

Next

Return to Powerchair Reviews