TAiqMWD

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

TAiqMWD

Postby Nicko » 02 Apr 2017, 03:58

Hi people,

I write this post while seated in my TAiqMWD - setting the benchmark in power wheelchairs!!!

I have utilised this wheelchair daily for some 3.5 years now (4,200 km -as specified on my Rnet controller, with Bluetooth capabilities), with NO battery change or mechanical issues!!!

Some (but not all!), features include:

* Tilt & height adjustment as standard (not an option)
* 4 pole & unique suspension system (ensuring a smooth & quiet ride. Capable of small step mounting
* legrests & backrest are additionally powered to allow for custom positions & stretching
* Rnet / Bluetooth connectivity
* LED lighting package (optional)
* 45cm minimal turning (easy usage for both indoor and outdoor use)

Thanks to Andy and his team at Patient Handling for making my life easier!!!

Regards,

Nicko
Nicko

Re: TAiqMWD

Postby Ianjulie » 02 Apr 2017, 06:44

Nick, I can't agree with you more! I've used power chairs for 40 years and the TA IQ MWD is the best I've had!! I shopped around for months, tried all available in Australia, in fact my lounge looked like a used power wheelchair lot one weekend but none compared with the stability, quiet, or smoothness of the TA IQ MWD. We were so impressed we had two ordered through Andy of Patient Handling. I had several friends ordering chairs at the same time and ours have been the only ones that didn't have any problems!! We are so happy. I too have had my chair for almost 3 years and clocked 4002klms. They've been overseas, in Dash 10 planes because they can fold down below 65cm!! And the seat is the closest to the ground unless you go with a child's chair! Fantastic!
Ianjulie

Postby Burgerman » 02 Apr 2017, 11:12

Obvious spam. 2 users, 1 post each, rave reviews of the same chair, and registered within hours of each other and the same style of writing. Only thing missing is the link... That will come later! :lol:

The chair? Another R-Net controller, AMT motor, mid drive 6 wheeler with no actual suspension like all the rest. Lift looks wobbly and fragile and lets the seat rock back and forth when going up or down the tiny curbs.

Will delete when I have time.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Ianjulie » 02 Apr 2017, 13:32

Burger man, I don't even know who Nicko is! I own a TAIQ MWD, have for almost three years and love it! It is not flimsy at all! It has independent suspension. Much better than the Permobiles and Quantums and Quickies I tried.
Ianjulie

Postby Ianjulie » 02 Apr 2017, 13:34

And I need to say, not not lurch the user when rolling over a lip at all!!! https://patienthandling.com,au/ta-iq-mi ... heelchair/ I'd post a pic of my self or husband but they are all too large for the list. I'm happy to answer any questions. Watch the video of the comparison of the Permobile vs the TAIQ up a small curb outside. All of the TA IQ wheels stay on the ground... not the Permobile's.
Ianjulie

Postby Ianjulie » 02 Apr 2017, 13:47

My apology, the video is within the tab video ... https://patienthandling.com,au/ta-iq-mi ... heelchair/
Ianjulie

Postby Burgerman » 02 Apr 2017, 14:19

And now the link... So stupidly obvious I can predict it in advance as above.

Deleted in a few mins.

And
It has independent suspension.
No, it doesn't I don't think on the centre wheels, just two sprung loaded arms that hold the chair upright on its main wheels. Like most mid drive bone shakers.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Ianjulie » 02 Apr 2017, 14:21

Hello,

My name is Ian and I am Julie's husband and I have had a TA IQ for about 2 years. I too tried many alternative chairs. I found this to be by far the best of the 6 wheel centre drive alternatives. I raise and lower it often in a day, use outdoors daily and I have recommended it to friends as both superior to others in function, stability and it looks far less agricultural.
I am not sure why the agro at my wife's remarks but wonder if Bergerman has some sort of conflict of interest here? They certainly don't appear to come from someone with anything even approaching an unbiased enquiring attitude.

Cheers,
Ian
Ianjulie

Postby Ianjulie » 02 Apr 2017, 14:24

Burgerman, what's the link? I have no idea who Nicko is..
Ianjulie

Postby Burgerman » 02 Apr 2017, 14:25

Because I delete a mountain of spam most mornings. And two brand new users posting glowing reviews of the same chair, and from the same supplier, in the same country within hours, both with suspect IP adresses on my spam alert list looks rather dodgy. With 1 post each!

Looks a lot more than just suspicious. Whats more, as per the usual pattern, a couple of leguit looking posts and then the link... the link I predicted has now appeared too...

If you spent as much time deleting link spam, as I do you would also be a little sick of it. Obvious spam links disabled.

You may be legit, but its very hard to believe!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Ianjulie » 02 Apr 2017, 14:50

I think the problem is that yes we bought our chairs from the only supplier in Australia. And the vendor told me about your site.. but my husband and I really have encouraged quite a few people with permanent disabilities to test the chairs and they too have purchased them. In fact our referral was from a former, now quadriplegic of 40 yrs, race car driver. Just one other comment, yes we too did not like the jerking of the other MWD chairs... I also thought they sounded and handled like rust buckets... but this one doesn't thrust the user forward... We wouldn't have bought them if it did, we both have brittle bones.
Ianjulie

Postby Burgerman » 02 Apr 2017, 14:58

Well we will leave this and see what happens!

If you really want a smoother ride, take a look at the X5/V6 mid drive chairs. They have no centre wheel suspension but have 2 ply soft, large cross section low pressure all terrain tyres running at 4.7psi. That gives a much softer ride as they deform over uneven surfaces.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Ianjulie » 02 Apr 2017, 15:04

X5/V6? Which one is that?

I haven't climbed under the chair to check how the mid wheels are attached, but you could always contact Torbin Andersen of TA IQ in Copenhagen to ask... seriously, you should.

As for pneumatic tyres, didn't select them as too much hassle. Julie
Ianjulie

Postby Burgerman » 02 Apr 2017, 15:07

You should. If you suffer from brittle bones I would have expected those toi be top of your list. They offer a far better ride than the typical flat free foam filled tyre. Likewise the larger the caster wheel, and the less of them, the better the ride. So a front or rear drive chair will give less rattle/vibrate than a mid drive chair.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Ianjulie » 02 Apr 2017, 15:19

I decided to try the 6 wheels using the logic of easier to turn in a tight van, with two power hairs, and more stability. As we both have brittle bones we didn't want to be stuck with flat tyres. It's a compromise, hence being very selective of the best ride.
Ianjulie

Postby LROBBINS » 02 Apr 2017, 20:43

Curious, I took a very brief look at the TA iQ web site where I noticed:
Unique suspension on all wheels, providing an extremely smooth ride with easy access, superior handling and comfort.

Maybe this is indeed an exception to the lack of drive-wheel suspension on MWD chairs. They also have FWD and RWD versions.
LROBBINS

Postby steves1977uk » 02 Apr 2017, 23:54

Here's the RWD version... https://patienthandling.com.au/ta-iq-re ... wer-chair/ Looks like your typical indoor/outdoor 4mph NHS chair!

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby TDXNZ » 02 Apr 2017, 23:56

Hi there,

I have a TA IQ mid wheel drive and a Frontier V6, I think the suspension on the TA is superior to many other mid wheel drive wheelchairs, the build quality is high and TA services in Denmark have been extremely approachable, I wrote a review of the TA IQ on this website also, a couple of years ago.

The TA IQ is very lightweight has reasonably large capacity batteries fitted 63 amp hours (the frontier V6 has 73 amp hour batteries fitted).

The single elevation post is very solid, and isn't flimsy.

I do admit that the Frontier has a smoother ride, but the TA offers a lot of advantages, giving quantum and Invacare a run for their money.

I hope this helps.
TDXNZ

Postby TDXNZ » 02 Apr 2017, 23:58

The TA IQ that I own has a maximum speed of 12.5 km
TDXNZ

Postby Burgerman » 03 Apr 2017, 00:06

Curious, I took a very brief look at the TA iQ web site where I noticed:

Unique suspension on all wheels, providing an extremely smooth ride with easy access, superior handling and comfort.

Maybe this is indeed an exception to the lack of drive-wheel suspension on MWD chairs.

Could well be. Theres a few.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 03 Apr 2017, 00:09

Here's the RWD version... https://patienthandling.com.au/ta-iq-re ... wer-chair/ Looks like your typical indoor/outdoor 4mph NHS chair!

Steve

Except it has 4 wheel suspension, and AMT motors, which can be 6 or 8 mph. And centre footplate which is a huge improvement over the typical swing away efforts!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby AndyC » 03 Apr 2017, 02:48

Hi There,
The fact that Ian and Jules and Nick posted to the message board is kind of my fault.
I found your site and was surprised no one had reviewed the TA so I sent a few clients the following email.

"Hi guys
Does anyone feel like posting their thoughts about the TA on this site.
Seems like a few people use it for info.
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com"

I didnt tell anyone what they should post and I definitely would be unhappy if they held back if they had any problems. I actually think if I tried to coach Julie she we write the opposite.
Im sorry if it has upset anyone. Everyone who has gotten a TA from us has become a friend so I felt comfortable asking. I just didnt know that it would cause any offence.

Best
Andy
AndyC

Postby Ozmox » 03 Apr 2017, 05:21

Hi Moderator

Can I introduce myself - I am the guy Julie referred to as recommending a TAIQ chair, which she and her husband eventually purchased and love to death.

I have indeed had quadriplegia since 1970 due to a racing car accident. You check my legitimacy by googling my name (its my email name, which you have) and Formula Vee in Australia. Or my name plus disability.

I can understand why you might think these posts were spam - Andy of Patient Handling in Sydney gives such good customer service that we all seem to regard him as a friend and would do anything to keep him in business.

My TAIQ is a FWD, chosen because it goes low enough for me to drive my Hyundai van from it wo\ithout the floor needing to be modified, and FWD because it is easier to back out of the driving position as there are no front casters to turn sideways and jam on the tunnel or door sill.

And my TAIQFWD is by far the best chair I've ever had.

Great site, by th way.

Cheers
Ozmox

Postby Burgerman » 03 Apr 2017, 10:43

I didnt tell anyone what they should post and I definitely would be unhappy if they held back if they had any problems. I actually think if I tried to coach Julie she we write the opposite.
Im sorry if it has upset anyone. Everyone who has gotten a TA from us has become a friend so I felt comfortable asking. I just didnt know that it would cause any offence.

Best
Andy

No offense, it just looked identical to the usual mountain of spam coming from the same continent! If its not, all well and good!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Nicko » 05 Apr 2017, 07:15

Hoax Bugerman...?

Nicko
Attachments
image.jpg
TA IQ MWD
Nicko

Postby Nicko » 05 Apr 2017, 07:53

No offence taken'!!!

Cheers to all!

Nicko
Attachments
image.jpg
TA IQ MWD in tilt mode
Nicko

Postby Burgerman » 05 Apr 2017, 10:06

Love your sunshine! Just getting warmer here now.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby CPguy » 12 Apr 2017, 14:42

We are talking about the wheelchair offered here: http://ta-service.dk/en/index.php?optio ... Itemid=284 with a 12,5 km/h gearbox.
The original poster claims 4200 km in 3.5 years (= approx. 1278 days). That equals 3.3 km on average per day which is not bad but my average is closer to 5 km/per day (ranging from 500 m to 15 km). I consider him a light user and Denmark is very flat and has very low curbs (I lived there for a few years so I know).

The data from the manual are not exciting: http://ta-service.dk/en/images/pdf/TA_i ... l_2-36.pdf
My rides:
1 BM2/BM3 with 120 A R-Net and Odessey (Lithium in 2016)
1 SKS Swiss VIVA (spare, as only NF22 size battery)
2 Progeo YOGA (for traveling)
CPguy

Postby Burgerman » 12 Apr 2017, 15:09

That equals 3.3 km on average per day which is not bad

Really? About 2 miles?
So far today I didn't go far, but have been into town to the bank, and then a coffee shop for food. Now home. Thats about 5 miles (2 there, 2 back, and a mile going from bank to coffee shop). And now I am going to meet a friend back in town via a motorcycle dealership to collect some parts. Before coming home to do some work on my van. I would guess at about 12 to 14 miles by the end of the average day (pub) and home.

Tested this on GPS in the past, and even a trip around the nearest park and back before my dog died was 2 miles and a bit. Used to go their twice a day.

Currently on charge at 40A as I type ready to go out again. I am not unusual, theres plenty like me! Theres vast differences in usage pattern between powerchair users. Nandol in portugal never had enough range, and expresso was doing 20 to 40 miles a day measured.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby sin85 » 02 Jun 2017, 02:24

Burgerman wrote:
That equals 3.3 km on average per day which is not bad

Really? About 2 miles?
So far today I didn't go far, but have been into town to the bank, and then a coffee shop for food. Now home. Thats about 5 miles (2 there, 2 back, and a mile going from bank to coffee shop). And now I am going to meet a friend back in town via a motorcycle dealership to collect some parts. Before coming home to do some work on my van. I would guess at about 12 to 14 miles by the end of the average day (pub) and home.

Tested this on GPS in the past, and even a trip around the nearest park and back before my dog died was 2 miles and a bit. Used to go their twice a day.

Currently on charge at 40A as I type ready to go out again. I am not unusual, theres plenty like me! Theres vast differences in usage pattern between powerchair users. Nandol in portugal never had enough range, and expresso was doing 20 to 40 miles a day measured.

cannot agree more. due to a great weather in Perth (Aus not Scotland) couple of lithium powered friends of mine and I regularly do 40+km. on rare occasions that it rains I do 10kmor close enough.
sin85

Next

Return to Powerchair Reviews