Pride Rival

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Pride Rival

Postby expresso » 27 Oct 2017, 01:04

Ok you know Quickie who had the battery issue with the GB motors - She got a new chair- here are a few pics - and just for laughes - the invoice

retail cost - and what they actually will get for it in the end - its a game with numbers - - this chair was a replacement for a chair that that Air lines broke during her last trip - this was fully covered by the AIR LINES - it has Tilt recline and seatlift - 8mph motors - not bad for a back up chair -

this is not a review really - just a few pics - and they gave her some cables - Jumper cables - which not sure how it would work ?
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Re: Pride Rival

Postby expresso » 27 Oct 2017, 01:10

invoice -

its a nice chair for a back up at least - i believe shes doing a 646se chair also - which i like much better and have more control of it -

it has lights - which is nice - it can move at a decent pace with seat lift up all the way - but to get up and down takes a long time - will see if they can make that faster - and see if she can get a programmer for it - even if its just dealer - better than nothing -

i am looking forward to riding side by side to compare speed now - till now i have no one else with a fast chair - this is rated at 8mph i believe - so its decent speed to get around - to me now i am used to 10 - so 8 at the very least - or else its just too slow for me - - -
expresso

Postby snaker » 27 Oct 2017, 01:59

I am just curious about who payed that $64k? The state (means through tax money) or the air lines company?
snaker

Postby expresso » 27 Oct 2017, 02:18

snaker wrote:I am just curious about who payed that $64k? The state (means through tax money) or the air lines company?

Air lines paid for this chair - and i dont think they got 64K - thats retail and they expected to get about 17K -

pr
now her next chair 646se - that would be tax paid - and again same deal - what ever the invoice says - its not what insurance pays - its all just bullshit number games -

but i bet if you wanted to purchase with Cash - they wont sell it the same cost as insurance - and will quote you a higher price - which makes no sense to me since if they take a certain price from insurance - why not take the at least the same price with cash -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 27 Oct 2017, 11:17

You could get that for under 7k with lift, tilt, recline, legs, lights etc in the UK as a private $ buyer with a little discount.

Its got another name here. Lightning.
https://www.bettermobility.co.uk/catalo ... CI_ID=1899
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 27 Oct 2017, 16:15

Burgerman wrote:You could get that for under 7k with lift, tilt, recline, legs, lights etc in the UK as a private $ buyer with a little discount.

Its got another name here. Lightning.
https://www.bettermobility.co.uk/catalo ... CI_ID=1899

yes same chair but i dont see an option for higher speed motors on your link - either way its a huge difference in cost from here to anywhere else - its a state secret as to what they really cost and who pays what - they like to show off those high numbers to make us feel good as if we are getting something worth so much - and stop complaining etc etc, -
expresso

Postby expresso » 27 Oct 2017, 16:40

thats still a great price at 7K - same chair really - actually the Rival here is a bit updated - the seating system - that one looks like the older model here R4000 - same excate copy with a different name

about those jumper cables given to her - how do you use them ?

battery cables are 8 AWG - MK 24 New - code is 9-17 i do notice one wire is bent alot - wonder if its weak inside at the bend ? i hate when i see that - - if you look on the battery picture above - its the black cable to the left
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 27 Oct 2017, 16:42

3.2k... You cant compare exact models, as they use different names and options.

However you can order 8mph motors, about 1200 a set full retail, (and possibly sell the 4mph ones)
So thats about 4.2k. Plus seating makes it well under 7.

See here, available with 2 different types of seating:
https://www.quantumrehab.co.uk/pub/medi ... r_2016.pdf TRU comfort

https://www.quantumrehab.co.uk/pub/medi ... r_2016.pdf Synergy

Remember these are the real full price (before you argue and get 25 to 30% off) of the seating options for eg. No way you could add 10 chairs up to 67k!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Swan T.W. » 29 Oct 2017, 16:40

expresso wrote:thats still a great price at 7K - same chair really - actually the Rival here is a bit updated - the seating system - that one looks like the older model here R4000 - same excate copy with a different name

battery cables are 8 AWG - MK 24 New - code is 9-17 i do notice one wire is bent alot - wonder if its weak inside at the bend ? i hate when i see that - - if you look on the battery picture above - its the black cable to the left

Those cables are used to make the trick seat work if it gets stuck in any position.
Swan T.W.

Postby expresso » 29 Oct 2017, 17:39

Swan T.W. wrote:
expresso wrote:thats still a great price at 7K - same chair really - actually the Rival here is a bit updated - the seating system - that one looks like the older model here R4000 - same excate copy with a different name

Those cables are used to make the trick seat work if it gets stuck in any position.

Trick seat ? Can you explain more - how are they connected - used etc, ?
expresso

Postby Swan T.W. » 29 Oct 2017, 18:42

expresso wrote:
Swan T.W. wrote:

Trick seat ? Can you explain more - how are they connected - used etc, ?

Tilt,recline,elevate. The same cables came with my R4000. Can't remember where they get connected. I will see if I still have the manual.
Swan T.W.

Postby ex-Gooserider » 31 Oct 2017, 02:32

Wires and cables will all have a 'minimum recommended bend radius' called out in their datasheet. This is the tightest bend the cable should be subjected to, and bending it tighter does theoretically risk damage...

The exact value varies but is typically 2-3x diameter for wires, and 5-10x for cables. I don't see anything in the photos that would worry me a bit about the cable bends.

The jumper cables are harder to figure out, since you didn't spread them out enough to see what connectors were on them. However it looked like there might actually be two different cables, one with a male XLR plug, the switch blob, and the white connectors, and a second 'extension cable' with alligator clips on one end, and a female XLR socket... I would guess the idea is to plug the white connectors into whatever actuator isn't doing right, instead of the chair wiring, and the XLR would either plug into the charging socket or use the extension cable to hook up directly to the batteries...

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby expresso » 19 Nov 2017, 19:50

the chair is working so the wire will stay the way it is - in that picture about - it may not look that bad with the bend - but its when you hold it in your hand and move it back and forth - it feels very weak as if its on the verge or breaking apart
as if its hanging on to to a few strands of wire -

as long as it works i guess - i would bring it to the techs attention and ask to have that cable wire replaced maybe - to be on the safe side -
expresso

Return to Powerchair Reviews