Rovi X3 Review

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Rovi X3 Review

Postby nld3 » 29 Dec 2018, 22:21

I found a Rovi X3 Review for anyone interested in this chair.

youtu.be/ofg5OuCM4To
nld3

Re: Rovi X3 Review

Postby martin007 » 30 Dec 2018, 01:56

The video is interesting...
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 30 Dec 2018, 04:15

2 things I noticed. There is some suspension on the drive wheel. But not a lot. Theres a vid online showing how to swap a motor, it shows the linkage. At best its got maybe an inch? But thats better than many mid drives that have non. And that it only allows flat top grp 34 batteries. So its going to have range issues if theres really a 6.2mph version available like the vid says. Much like that pride Q6 chair with the seat lift that everyone moans about... So maybe a good chair for lighter users that dont do the marathon type runs that some of us do.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 30 Dec 2018, 06:19

Theres a few chairs now with suspension on the centre wheels. I think this is likely a better option than the above chair though. Although both appear to not allow grp24 batteries. Heres an old thread where I deleted posts etc as a big bunch of robot like posts appeared all linking to the same site in a matter of hours from new users. So it looked like spam! Turns out I was wrong, there was a different reason. They were encouraged by a seller, and a bunch all went and signed up and posted links to the same shop! But it turned out all were genuine. Anyway the chair is worth a look if mid drive interest you:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6815
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 30 Dec 2018, 22:35

I think the bounder is a better option. Just dont like the bug ugly joystick, or its battery sticking out personally.

Are you the owner of the rovi utube vid above?
Small correction. That joystick IS actually metal. Even if it seems otherwise. It has plastic parts/top covers. But the bottom and chassis of it is cast aluminum. I took one apart to look 6 months ago.

This is my lightly modded Sunrise Salsa chair. Details on first post, scroll down to last pic to ID joystick. Its most definitely metal...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7455&start=600#p122818
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 30 Dec 2018, 23:13

Baffled now.
This is my lightly modded salsa chair. Below link. Takes a cheap 6.7k chair and makes it into a very useful rear drive chair.

Please read post 1 if you have time, then scroll and take a look at the photos, and one is specifically of the joystick. Which one is it? Its most definitely metal! Has the extra buttons.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7455&start=600#p122818

I might add that its SIMPLE to fit a set of 176Ah lithium ion phosphate safe cells, and use the same 40A charger we use here, and be in control of balancing, discharge testing, graphing on your PC etc. In any place group24 lead bricks come out of.

As such Bounders 100Ah lithium is way too small today! Its even possible to fit 210Ah in that same space.
E.G. 8 of these will fit. Give you double the range of the Bounder lithium pack, charge much faster have greater lifespan, and save you a fortune!
https://www.lifepo4-batteries.com/sale- ... f-car.html
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 30 Dec 2018, 23:59

im wondering if theres a BMS, or protection circuit inside there or not... id assume there'd has to be SOMETHING!
(maybe its built into that circuit breaker lying next to it.... hmmm) ill have to do some more investigations lol)

There will be a BMS inside. It will do a bunch of evil things. We dont use them as you can garantee that you end up with shorter life, and a few other issues, and possible breakdowns and stopping suddenly at times of high currents. BMS have a lot of safety cutoffs we dont want, and they have very weak balance circuits that repeatedly allow the highest cell to bounce up and down at it highest voltage over and over. But it is what it is. Best use it since you already have it.

Those 176Ah cells would give greater cycle life, and double the range, for about 1000 US delivered. Plus the chargers we use...
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/BM3-con ... arging.jpg the red and black things. You only need one!
It can do a mass of things, and runs from a chair, a van, a power supply, from 10 to 30V and can charge anything from a watch battery to a full sized EV car, at 40A as it balances your cells properly to a safe voltage. And it can charge, and discharge lead too, PROPERLY, as well as measure and graph the discharge capacity in Ah.

anyways ill let ya know once i get around to the range test!

If you take a look theres a thread from Expresso in new york here. He has the same pack, same chair.
Bad news is that unlike his quickie chairs the bounder is greedy. It uses more Ah per mile by quite a margin. So in reality the 100A lithium gets it about as far as a lead grp24 on a conventional chair, plus maybe 20% only.
As such he has made an 80Ah ADD ON pack that sits behind the seat, to extend range to his normal 40 miles per day standard.
Maybe someone can post the links here to show these things as he tested.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 09 Jan 2019, 00:06

i have the bounder also and my battery looks a bit different than yours - the wiring part - heres mines -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby marilynanderson » 18 Jan 2019, 16:34

Thank you so much for sharing this excellent video review. I truly enjoyed watching it!
marilynanderson

Postby nld3 » 21 Jan 2019, 02:25

marilynanderson wrote:Thank you so much for sharing this excellent video review. I truly enjoyed watching it!

Your Welcome. Dan did all the work.
nld3

Postby Burgerman » 21 Jan 2019, 03:18

marilynanderson

Was a drive by spammer (and likely a bot) based on IP I think, with a typical commercial link in the sig, which I removed while I wait and see.

And a few similar things that appeared elsewhere same time https://www.meetup.com/Trail-Mix-185605 ... 1216/chat/
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Powerchair Reviews