Doubts about Scooter Apex brio-s

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Doubts about Scooter Apex brio-s

Postby juana90705 » 25 Jan 2019, 10:40

Hello to all
I'm thinking of buying a scooter for my mother to improve her mobility a little and gain independence in her day to day.
I am almost decided by the scooter Apex model Brio S

It perfectly meets our needs but I would like to know if anyone has been able to test it for their opinion on quality and durability.

Thank you very much in advance
juana90705

Re: Doubts about Scooter Apex brio-s

Postby martin007 » 26 Jan 2019, 01:20

What needs your mother?
martin007

Postby ex-Gooserider » 29 Jan 2019, 02:39

Welcome. It would be helpful if you could post your location in the User Control Panel or at least in your message - as an international board, that would let us have a better idea about the scooter you are talking about....

People here tend more towards powerchairs than scooters due to the nature of our needs, and that power chairs tend to be a bit more useful in tight spaces because they are more compact and don't have all the tiller / steering gear stuff between you and anything you want to get close to...

I don't recognize that model, so nothing specific to say about it. However the same basic things apply to scooters as we see in power chairs, there are only a few manufacturers of electronics and drive components, so the scooter manufacturers basically build a frame and plastic bits, and then bolt the same parts on to build the unit.... So there is not a lot of difference between brands other than cosmetics....

There is a strong preference here for choosing chairs that have the ability to be reprogrammed and modified in other ways, and I don't know if the one you mention is one of those, but it seems less critical on a scooter, and may not be important to you....

ex-Gooserider

juana90705 wrote:Hello to all
I'm thinking of buying a scooter for my mother to improve her mobility a little and gain independence in her day to day.
I am almost decided by the scooter Apex model Brio S

It perfectly meets our needs but I would like to know if anyone has been able to test it for their opinion on quality and durability.

Thank you very much in advance
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby scootntootn » 29 May 2019, 19:23

The scooter he’s talking about is the Heartway S19. It’s been rebranded lots of times. And there are many versions of it.

I would look on Youtube for Ev Rider on QVC. Look for the videos with double front wheels and armrests.

I would advise you to avoid the ones that don’t have armrests. The tiller is too far away, so you need the support of the armrests to avoid becoming too tired in the shoulders.

They come with lead or lithium batteries. And two lithium batteries. The biggest will not be allowed on an airplane.

They come in versions with air filled or solid tyres. With or without a headlight.

So look at those videos and realize that the specs are ever changing.

I have seen reviews on Amazon that were terrible, and for other sellers they’re good. So choose the seller well. I don’t know how good these are.
Irritatingly female..
Scooter: Afikim Superlight SL2 and a small full size for longer trips.
scootntootn

Postby rover220 » 29 May 2019, 19:31

looks like a tga minimo
rover220

Postby scootntootn » 29 May 2019, 22:12

rover220 wrote:looks like a tga minimo

Another rebranding. The manufacturer is Heartway, and the original name is S19.
Irritatingly female..
Scooter: Afikim Superlight SL2 and a small full size for longer trips.
scootntootn

Return to Powerchair Reviews