PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Postby expresso » 19 Apr 2018, 19:47

woodygb wrote:I can't see one ...but I may have deleted it as I recently had a clear out of the inbox.

Ok i will resend - thanks - it seemed strange not to hear back from you - as you always on top of things :)
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby LadyJ » 26 Apr 2018, 15:29

Hi all, I’m new here (and to using a chair), but I’m looking to reprogram my golden compass sport, it uses a dynamic shark controller. From what I can tell Golden sold the Compass Sport and Compass TRO with the exact same motor but different top speeds, and I’m hoping to speed it up. Does anyone know where I can find a OEM dongle or emulator?
~
Lady J

Golden Compass Sport GP605 w/ custom seating.
Custom manual chair
LadyJ

Postby woodygb » 26 Apr 2018, 15:41

It is possible to reprogram and the board can help.
It may not however be possible to make it go faster it depends on whether it's programmed slower than it's MAX.

Any chance of a pic of the joystick or it's model number?

Also ..can you please add a general location to your profile.

Cheers Woody
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 26 Apr 2018, 15:45

Ah ..just had a look online at the Golden Compass SPORT ...it appears to have the newer LINX control system that I am not familiar with.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby steves1977uk » 26 Apr 2018, 15:52

Welcome LadyJ,

Is this the chair you have?... http://www.1800wheelchair.com/product/g ... wer-chair/

Dynamic controllers can be re-programmed but I'll let others advise you on this. A MWD chair is ok for indoor use and shopping malls, you'd really need a RWD chair for outdoor use with bigger caster wheels. Enjoy your stay here and please fill in your location in your profile as this is an international forum. :thumbup: :wave:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby woodygb » 26 Apr 2018, 15:58

LINX Software download.

https://dynamiccontrols.com/en/download ... setup-v301

You will however need a LiNX Access key / dongle....Note that these often come with the Access level built in.
DLX-HKEY01-A. (Distributor) & DLX-HKEY02-A. (Manufacturer) that the general public will not be able to buy over the counter ..but maybe obtainable under the counter.

https://dynamiccontrols.com/en/designer ... gramming-2

Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby LadyJ » 26 Apr 2018, 21:00

LINX Software download.

I believe I have the dynamic shark, not LINX.
~
Lady J

Golden Compass Sport GP605 w/ custom seating.
Custom manual chair
LadyJ

Postby Burgerman » 26 Apr 2018, 21:30

If so, it may be easier. You will need a cable, and some software. See pm.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 27 Apr 2018, 14:18

even dealers that have had linx training cant by the oem version. not a fan of the programming interface either.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 27 Apr 2018, 16:37

Then never buy any chair with that fitted. Add it to the list!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Jdavid09 » 05 May 2018, 17:50

I was hoping that someone could kindly send me a link to where I might download the own version of the pc mobility programmer. I've been searching for awhile to avoid having to bother anyone. Any help in my search would be greatly appreciated. I already have a functioning cable and the dealer version.
Jdavid09

Postby expresso » 05 May 2018, 18:25

check your PM - see if thats the correct one you need
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby filipaya » 08 May 2018, 17:17

Hello, I'm sorry, I'm new to my neighbor there is a wheelchair with a malfunction and I can not diagnose it. DWIZ cable I'm done but I have no free program I can ask you so much thank you
filipaya

Postby woodygb » 08 May 2018, 17:28

Check P.M.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Ebron » 11 Jun 2018, 16:58

Hello, I'm Jacopo and I've been trying to fix a powered wheelchair without success, for now. I've also been trying to find the software to diagnose the S Drive board of the wheelchair, also without success. Any help with that?
Ebron

Postby gcebiker » 15 Jun 2018, 07:24

Which wheelchair/scooter ?

It may not be a programming issue.

Cheers
Tony
http://greenmobility.com.au/rc-wheelchair-controller/
My YouTube Ch -- https://www.youtube.com/user/gcebiker
gcebiker

Postby ex-Gooserider » 19 Jun 2018, 00:57

Ebron wrote:Hello, I'm Jacopo and I've been trying to fix a powered wheelchair without success, for now. I've also been trying to find the software to diagnose the S Drive board of the wheelchair, also without success. Any help with that?

This doesn't quite make sense - S-Drive is a scooter controller, as it only controls a single motor, not a chair controller which has to deal with dual motors.

Please post photos of the chair, so we can see what you are working on. In addition a photo of the joystick module will help us identify what control system you have.

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby rover220 » 19 Jun 2018, 06:36

ex-Gooserider wrote:
Ebron wrote:Hello, I'm Jacopo and I've been trying to fix a powered wheelchair without success, for now. I've also been trying to find the software to diagnose the S Drive board of the wheelchair, also without success. Any help with that?

This doesn't quite make sense - S-Drive is a scooter controller, as it only controls a single motor, not a chair controller which has to deal with dual motors.

Please post photos of the chair, so we can see what you are working on. In addition a photo of the joystick module will help us identify what control system you have.

ex-Gooserider

s drive is used on a couple of chsirs i can think of, one being the sunrise ibis power support, not joystick controlled however
rover220

Postby Rabies » 22 Jun 2018, 18:39

Hi everyone, I've been given a Pilot+ 80amp unit which needs programming, does anyone have the correct OEM software for this model?

Thanks.
Rabies

Postby woodygb » 23 Jun 2018, 08:59

Check your inbox.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Rabies » 23 Jun 2018, 11:31

Thank you very much chaps.
Rabies

Postby takenaback » 08 Jul 2018, 05:18

Hi guys. I have a rnet power module on my quickie xplore 2 (D50927.02) and a spare VR2 (D50679.08). Is there any possibility I could replace the rnet with the VR2?
I do have the rnet OEM software but the dongle is another story and not available from the Taiwanese site previously mentioned. They said they are under instructions from PG not to sell it to the public anymore. I'm not interested in the dealer dongle because of the limitations.
cheers
Steve
takenaback

Postby rover220 » 08 Jul 2018, 06:36

takenaback wrote:Hi guys. I have a rnet power module on my quickie xplore 2 (D50927.02) and a spare VR2 (D50679.08). Is there any possibility I could replace the rnet with the VR2?
I do have the rnet OEM software but the dongle is another story and not available from the Taiwanese site previously mentioned. They said they are under instructions from PG not to sell it to the public anymore. I'm not interested in the dealer dongle because of the limitations.
cheers
Steve

get a dealer dongle. we can show you how to use it for oem programming
rover220

Postby takenaback » 08 Jul 2018, 08:48

Thanks BM will do
takenaback

Postby takenaback » 08 Jul 2018, 08:48

Sorry Rover wrong person but thank you very much
takenaback

Postby steves1977uk » 08 Jul 2018, 17:18

takenaback wrote:They said they are under instructions from PG not to sell it to the public anymore.

Steve

That's crazy!, but I do see PGDT's point though. Although it's not exactly rocket science to learn how to use an OEM programmer! :?

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 08 Jul 2018, 17:59

We are not worthy. Disabled people need to be kept as disabled as poss, and unable to improve their lives. I knew that would happen.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 08 Jul 2018, 23:03

They think disabled people are not capable of setting up our chairs. Maybe none at PGDT have ever driven a stock programmed chair, otherwise they would see why we need to re-program our chairs to make them safe and steer correctly instead of acting like a drunken sailor, taking chunks out of walls! :cussing :fencing hanged

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 08 Jul 2018, 23:48

Not only this, but what about the fact that some of us do sport, change motors, or motor types, and maybe add or remove seating options. Not to mention lithium, etc. In the bike or car world everything is available to the end user. People are modding cars all the time. They dont get their wrists slapped for daring to do such a thing. I think that anyone with a brain could take any of these companies to court legitimately for treating us differently than any other user/product.

Same applies to many things. Like my solar systems, or practically anything you can buy. Why is it fine to sell brake components to help build a 500hp 240mph bike in DIY living room style to a non mechanic, yet they refuse to deal with us when its about 6mph wheelchairs? Why? Because "safety"... Yet the send out dangerous chairs that will let you drive off a train platform as a matter of course!

If I route a brake pipe wrong, use the wrong type of mounting bolts for a disk on a superbike, I am dead. But theres nobody there to even suggest I shouldnt do it. Likewise, many people reprogram the engines ECU, add turbos, use non standard parts advertised directly at us!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby atos30 » 09 Jul 2018, 00:48

Hi everyone! Thanks for this forum. I would like buy a mobility scooter for my mom with s-drive 200A controller. So I searching on the web the PG PC Programmer Manufacturing version, but I didnt lucky. I would like re-programing . I found it the cable wiring diagam, but I can not find it the PC Programmer . Can someone help me a link(MAN version?)? Thank you everyone! (sorry for my bad english knowledge)
atos30

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair