POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Videos - Rides

Postby Burgerman » 03 Jul 2018, 08:48

No. But I will when I get off this bed!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mind The Gap » 03 Jul 2018, 10:00

foghornleghorn wrote:I used to eat lunch in that park years ago when I worked in Bromley. Did you go as far down as the lake/bandstand, or to the river at the bottom?

Hi foghornleghorn. Tend to stick to the top half, botton half all mothers with their children.
Otto Bock B500 with 105ah lifepo4 main, 48ah lifepo4 addon. 153ah total.
Mind The Gap

Postby Mind The Gap » 03 Jul 2018, 17:24

Hi All.
Another video of journey between two parks.

youtu.be/Jjmelh0oKBY
Mind The Gap

Postby Mind The Gap » 04 Jul 2018, 06:54

Hi All

A different Park, Kelsey park.

youtu.be/KmmOLAom1Ok
Mind The Gap

Postby Burgerman » 04 Jul 2018, 10:53

On footpahs or parks, I always end up stuck behind some 20 year old girl at eyeball/ backside height with only her bum blocking my view :thumbdown:

We need more of that!
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/images- ... ct-bum.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 05 Jul 2018, 02:42

Burgerman wrote:On footpahs or parks, I always end up stuck behind some 20 year old girl at eyeball/ backside height with only her bum blocking my view :thumbdown:

We need more of that!
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/images- ... ct-bum.jpg

That made my penis feel funny :lol: Outstanding photography though.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby Mind The Gap » 05 Jul 2018, 19:12

Hi all.

Another video of trip to Blackheath common.

youtu.be/dBx7Dt6We6Y
Mind The Gap

Postby Mind The Gap » 09 Jul 2018, 10:31

Hi All

New Video. Greenwich park London

youtu.be/545VQ77if88
Mind The Gap

Postby Burgerman » 09 Jul 2018, 18:41

Grass looking a bit brown! Someone needs some sprinklers.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mind The Gap » 13 Jul 2018, 08:18

Hi All

A nice ride along the Regent's canal last week.

youtu.be/ULqONFgdo3c
Mind The Gap

Postby hobie1dog » 15 Jul 2018, 04:35

Interesting sights along the canal. Thanks for sharing this with us. I always enjoy your videos. Lets me get a glimpse of life across the ocean.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Mind The Gap » 15 Jul 2018, 06:41

Hi all

Another video. Camden lock to Word on the water.

youtu.be/5xxwGHj_2ro
Mind The Gap

Postby expresso » 20 Jul 2018, 23:30

Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby expresso » 20 Jul 2018, 23:30

expresso

Postby Burgerman » 21 Jul 2018, 02:44

BM - i need a hand with this one :joint

Neither of those would fit through a standard UK doorway. Its not normal! Why dont your planes crash? In fact how do they fit into the seats?

New york, doesent it amaze you how many people either seem totally unaware of your existence, or think you can fit through a 12 inch gap? I find it highly frustrating. The worst ones are those that hold open a door to help, while standing exactly where you need to drive! Then wonder why you dont go through... Or sulk when you run over them. Or drivers that stop in the road while you cross only to get badly killed when other cars overtake them because they do not know why they stopped. They do not think!!! Then they think you are ungrateful when you have to wave them past and wait for a clear road. Just wastes everyones time or kills you. Makes my blood boil. People are stupid! :fencing :ak47 :ak47 :ak47

Too many years watching stupid people left me with little patience. Not just when it comes to wheelchairs, everything. I am mr angry! :x butred
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 21 Jul 2018, 04:20

thats true with the holding the door open while standing in front of you and then look at you like an idiot - why cant i get by - mm maybe your in my way jack ass

you have no idea how many slow downs i get from riding - i hear it all day long - today one guy approached me while i was stopped and told me i should slow down - i had to give him a nice lesson -

i explain to him - - if i rode my chair at the same speed that people walked - it would take about 3 days to get anywhere -

better i explained it like this - imagine sitting in your Car - now put it in drive and dont touch the gas pedal - let it just roll like that - thats how it feels to me in a wheelchair if i tried to ride at walking pace -

they will never get it - - i just tune it out was i ride - i hear it all day long - same thing - slow down slow down - your speeding - hole shit - thats fast
over and over same things - and guess from who - idiots with an IQ of a broom stick -

i gave up - i just go about my day - over 15 years - i havnt ran anyone over have i - ? only at the start - and thats because people stand right on the curb cut - and dont move till your 2 inches in front of them and then say whow - slow down - -

idoit get the fuck out of the curb cut - you seen me coming at you from a mile away and dont move then act like a train is coming and jump out of the way :joint

this is way i like to just cut across the city as fast as i can and then am free to ride on the outside of the city by the water and away from the city

i got tired of explaining this over and over - i dont bother anymore - i dont look in the eye of anyone and let them think what they like and move out of my way or else i never get anywhere -

but for a big butt like that - i slow down a bit - hahah - i couldnt get by anyway - no room cheers
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 21 Jul 2018, 10:14

They would be told to mind their own f*****g business here. I cant actually remember ever being told to slow down in a serious manner, just by people that think they are being original and funny here in the UK. Other than a security guard in a shopping centre. Once.

The same moron who once saw me entering with a huge digital SLR camera on my knee. He told me "cameras are not allowed" in the shopping centre as I might "film children". Really?

Until I pointed out that if I wanted to do that, a huge heavy camera lifted up to my eye, to advertize what I was doing, would be the very last thing I would use... And maybe a CAMERA phone that every single person he let in has with them, would be the perfect secretive camera for some weirdo to use! Why would I want to stand out with a huge camera to my eye and make it obvious? What a retard. They obviouly dont employ security guards because of their IQ. And I told him so in front of a dozen people. :clap
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mind The Gap » 26 Jul 2018, 14:51

Hi All

A new video following the wife on part of her sunday morning run. Slight hamstring problem so not very fast.

youtu.be/p-9bmwfsHO4
Mind The Gap

Postby hobie1dog » 28 Jul 2018, 00:24

Thanks again for the video. I would have a "hard" time following my wife for that long in tight running gear :dance

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jul 2018, 01:16

Grenwich university. Where time was invented. :clap
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 28 Jul 2018, 01:25

first time today - caught in a thunder storm - had no choice but to ride it - about 15 miles from home when it hit

p222se chair - pilot - solid - no problems - i always have a small plastic bag to cover JS - so i used it - i was soaking wet

started about 25 min on the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uT7FVepHVI
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jul 2018, 01:48

I live in the UK, and its green for a reason. As such I always have a large one of those disposable plastic macs with hood and sleeves in my wallet or tucked under the seat cushion... It can be ripped at the back, and the front laid over knees and legs and tucked under cushion edges. You might look a tit, but get to stay dry. :oops:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 28 Jul 2018, 01:53

How large is that Inwood Park? You are lucky with many green parks nearby. I would have to go far at least 50km to meet that green. Are you prepared for the worst case e.g the chair is broken while riding in hidden places like Inwood Park? I am using the app "location via sms" so my family can "see" me on maps. If I need a rescue, they can easily find me.
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jul 2018, 02:05

Hes in london. Theres over 8 million people in one city. Trying not to be found is much harder! But I expect he has a mobile phone like everyone else. If you look on the GPS settings or any gps app, theres always the coordinates, a map reference to 1 meter accuracy. So he can call and tell them exactly where he is. Even height above sea level!

Actually its not very green. It normally rains every few days or so. But we are having a drought. Some places are over 2 months of hot weather and no rain at all. Everywhere is dry and yellow. My garden is green because I or my carers water it. Every 2 days or whenever needed. But you cant do that in huge parks. My local park is a quarter of a mile away. And maybe just 1 sq mile of green. And its all yellow and dry right now. Even trees and plants are suffering. But we are having thunderstorms tonight, and a lot of rain. In 2 days it will be green again.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jul 2018, 02:34

Because its cooler and rains regularly britain is naturally green. Any land that isnt built on, or is unowned or common, naturally grows grass, trees etc. The moment you leave a town, everything is green. And in town there are many naturally green areas.

From the air everything looks green.

This is what most of the country looks like when out of the cities parks. Or green and often colourful fields for farming. If it rains, everything goes green!

youtu.be/e6csatGWw0s
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 28 Jul 2018, 02:35

Yes, London does not look green. But I meant expresso and the Inwood Park in NY. That park looks more like a forest. If someone lost in it, they are not easy to be found. There was a sad story happened here. A British young couple has a tour in Sapa, a famous but dangerous mountain region in VN. The man went alone into the mountain, had an accident and was stuck there. He could call to his girlfriend in a hotel but could not describe precisely where he was. People needed many days to find him. When they found him, he had been dead. The regret is that his injury was not too severe. If he had been found sooner, he would have survived.
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jul 2018, 02:44

Why not read GPS coordinated from phone?

Get the coordinates of a place from your GPS settings. Or:

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app.
Touch and hold an area of the map that isn’t labeled. You'll see a red pin appear.
You'll see the coordinates in the search box at the top. Or touch the you are here pointer to see your own coordinates.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 28 Jul 2018, 03:10

expresso wrote:first time today - caught in a thunder storm - had no choice but to ride it - about 15 miles from home when it hit

p222se chair - pilot - solid - no problems - i always have a small plastic bag to cover JS - so i used it - i was soaking wet

started about 25 min on the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uT7FVepHVI

Thanks for sharing this with us. There is no amount of money to get me to live in NYC, the proverbial concrete jungle. But I was hoping at the end that you were going to take us up the elevator and to your place.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jul 2018, 03:32

I am interested. Do any you of regularly frequent the pub?

I only ever miss if I am stuck on my bed. So tomorrow I will be going to see whats new, talk to a few freinds, and get a cold 1 or 3. Its good for my social life, and my bladder. Not so good for my wallet.

Pub...
Attachments
gunness.jpg
richard.jpg
martin.jpg
beer.jpg
millfields.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 28 Jul 2018, 03:39

snaker wrote:How large is that Inwood Park? You are lucky with many green parks nearby. I would have to go far at least 50km to meet that green. Are you prepared for the worst case e.g the chair is broken while riding in hidden places like Inwood Park? I am using the app "location via sms" so my family can "see" me on maps. If I need a rescue, they can easily find me.

its pretty large - i only been there twice and used the same road - i didnt go far in - its about 15 miles from my home this park - today wasnt a good day to really travel far to be honest - its been raining for the past week - i was home all that time - today was first decent day - but rain also - i took a chance i needed to get out for a ride -

not a bad idea to let someone know where i am going - i have Cell phone - but i dont know where i will go till i get there - i dont always plan to go where i end up -

this was a 26 mile round trip today - not too bad - - i was limited where i can go with this chair - having a light chair - light front end isnt always a Pos. thing -

its a Con when you cant get up a steep hill - theres a spot on the video where i was starting to go up a hill and i felt the front end lifting up too much - i had to stop and turn around - with this chair - i would get stuck on my anti tippers - it happened once before - not the best feeling

so i am limited with this chair when it comes to steep hills - and steep dosnt have to be that steep with this chair - even without the ADD On on the back - its a tipsy chair - the extra ADD ON - dosnt help - other than that - overall its fun to ride -

short wheelbase - light front end - makes for a tipsy chair - no one around here that i know likes there chairs this way - with my 646 its a bit more solid feeling and stable uphills - if i had stock size rear tires - it would be even that much more stable up hills -

will have to return once i get my other chair working again - who knows when that will be -
expresso

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair