A Website to Remember - Joysticks

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

A Website to Remember - Joysticks

Postby martin007 » 19 Jun 2018, 00:44

martin007

Re: A Website to Remember - Joysticks

Postby arpetterborg » 04 Aug 2018, 23:46

This looks rad. Muy amable, Martin007. Would it be incredibly forum-rude to ask if there are any good threads already written about power chair steering designs in general so I don't start a new one like a dipshit? I have questions, especially about higher speed stuff (I weigh 120 pounds/54 kilograms, so torque needs are pretty much met), and Google fails me. Grx de antemano.

arpetterborg

Postby Burgerman » 05 Aug 2018, 00:49

Define what you mean by designs?

Its all computer code and 2 motors with tank steer electronic mixing. As in every one is the same.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby arpetterborg » 05 Aug 2018, 08:16

It's all the same--that's good to know--basically what you said is what I meant by 'design.' It's really a matter of my own ignorance, wrapping my head around going around curves at relatively higher speeds (I suppose the software is just set up to put the right amount of reduction in power to the wheel that's inside the curve?). I had imagined that I would need to make the front wheels somehow steerable in a bell-crank thing but yeah, I think I'm over-thinking it. Thanks for the response, and apologies for the failures to Google.
arpetterborg

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment