Videos - Rides

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Videos - Rides

Postby snaker » 28 Jul 2018, 04:12

Burgerman wrote:I am interested. Do any you of regularly frequent the pub?

Pubs in VN are all weird like this, right on pavements.
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jul 2018, 04:32

Because its hot! But do you meet freinds and drink beer regularly? drunk2 cheers beer beer beer
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 28 Jul 2018, 06:25

John: Thanks for the pictures of your pub. Looks fantastic. The cigar bars have drinks, so I will be going tomorrow afternoon.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby hobie1dog » 28 Jul 2018, 06:27

snaker wrote:
Burgerman wrote:I am interested. Do any you of regularly frequent the pub?

Pubs in VN are all weird like this, right on pavements.

Such short seats. Is the beer cold or warm?
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby snaker » 28 Jul 2018, 09:04

In the pícs, it's draft beer and always cold. If drinking beer from cans or bottles, we usually put ice in the glass even in winter. After being disabled I did not drink in those 'pavement pubs'. Too noisy, too messy, not suitable for wheelchair users. Sometimes, former school mates called me, we met and drank at home or in a restaurant.
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 28 Jul 2018, 10:50

Its a pub to us, but really its millfields hotel, bar, resturant, and gym, squash, and about 20 other things. But its got a big advantage over a normal pub. Squash courts where we can fine tune RC helicopters and drones etc as we drink. And its open as long as we drink... And theres regular weddings there so fresh tipsy bridesmaids/wedding guests every weekend to chat up! And its across the road withing 400 yards of my front door.
https://www.millfieldshotel.co.uk/gallery/

Theres another one 100 yards from my door, but its a bit like drinking in Ikea... Wheatsheaf pub.
https://www.emberinns.co.uk/nationalsea ... f-grimsby#

And grimsby has more pubs per square mile than anyplace I ever went. drunk2
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 29 Jul 2018, 01:47

John:
Both of those pubs are very nice places , first class living there. Thanks for the links to them.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 29 Jul 2018, 02:03

I often drive my chair or walk my dog to the beach (to a seaside holiday type town called cleethorpes). Its about 2.5 miles from my front door. So doesent take long. Its about 20 to 25 mins away. There are many dozens more pubs there! And clubs, resturants, and young women that all need to be chatted to! The dog is a marvelous tool. They all like him. He gives them his paw. Or did...

Sometimes call in for a cold one here, the smallest pub in the world! cheers

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 30 Jul 2018, 01:49

I just watched several videos on cleethorpes. I am getting to see the world by watching all these videos, so thanks again for everyone submittin them.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 30 Jul 2018, 03:30

This is a vid of cleethorpes made by a drone flying freind (I think!) while the sea was missing!

The "sea" is really a very wide mouth of a river called the Humber. This is right at the exit of the humber estuary, where it meets the sea. The result is that while we have beaches, the water goes missing for half a day at a time. Which is actually pretty good. It means that we can (or the able bodied can) walk out a few miles across the wet sand and look at the sea floor. The wildlife is is interesting. There are all sorts of sunken relics from years gone bye.

And if you dont know what you are doing the sea comes back in behind you and cuts you off. Many have died over the years. Theres also an old "fort" that was one of two, that held a net across the mouth of the estuary, about 4 miles apart, that kept out the german submarines in world war two. They have been long abandoned. And are dangerous. I followed the sea out when I was 14. Climbed onto one of them, and spent the night there waiting for the sea to go back out so that I could get back to the coast/beach the following day. It was rusty, derelict and very cold...

youtu.be/vIqydz57hAk

Heres that fort. These guys went the last part by boat. The sea doesent retreat far enough to actually reach them most weeks. They are just over a mile from the beach. :

youtu.be/FXrSU31n6lg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 01 Aug 2018, 00:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF3L8bF ... e=youtu.be

Short ride in a park - for the life of me - i cant figure out the noise i am picking up on my camera - its coming from my chair - tires some sort of vibration

it didnt always do it - not sure if it started when i went to Air tires etc, - was limited where i can go in these parks with this chair - a few hills i cant make it over because of tipsy chair - i scratched up my battery box underneath some today - cant see it the scratches but still not good
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Mind The Gap » 11 Aug 2018, 08:15

Hi all

A nice day out riding around Eltham palace gaedens.

youtu.be/75CJwKOYSZM
Otto Bock B500 with 105ah lifepo4 main, 48ah lifepo4 addon. 153ah total.
Mind The Gap

Postby hobie1dog » 11 Aug 2018, 21:15

Could everyone put up a picture of how they mount their video cameras on their chairs?

Thanks

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 12 Aug 2018, 02:02

Good question. I dont have a way. But some use fancy gimbals etc.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 12 Aug 2018, 02:35

https://smile.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Han ... ount+1%2F4

not the best - its what i am using - i am sure theres better - -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby hobie1dog » 14 Aug 2018, 02:52

I still haven't learned how to make a video, or post it on YouTube yet. Editing would be a great source of anguish as well.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Mind The Gap » 24 Aug 2018, 09:16

Hi all

New video of ride around Regents park Part 1. Wind noise down first road.

youtu.be/jhmSBbVL4ok
Mind The Gap

Postby Burgerman » 24 Aug 2018, 11:11

Editing would be a great source of anguish as well.

Simple editing is dead easy for dummies in windows live's movie editor. Called Movie maker. Download WINDOWS LIVE free from microsoft. Its idiot proof. My carer can use it and she struggles with light switches.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mind The Gap » 25 Aug 2018, 11:39

Hi all

Another video. Wheelchair journeys. The Regent's park part 2.

youtu.be/3MI0XMKay0c
Mind The Gap

Postby Burgerman » 25 Aug 2018, 12:00

How far does your 153Ah get you in that chair?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby shirley_hkg » 25 Aug 2018, 15:35

How could he know ? He is the first to wear out . :lol:
shirley_hkg

Postby MichaelB » 25 Aug 2018, 16:23

A couple from the Boma, this one on road and my highest top speed of 10.5mph. Paralysed from the neck down so using a chin control mounted on an arm, too much bouncing of me and joystick so am changing to a neck harness.

youtu.be/fB_B_cUieUA

And being lucky to live in the Lake District and have a Boma you can enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside, but not on a bank holiday.

youtu.be/RDk7T0pZT3g
MichaelB

Postby Burgerman » 25 Aug 2018, 16:56

And being lucky to live in the Lake District and have a Boma you can enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside, but not on a bank holiday.

Nice scenery. I love the lake district. But to be honest I see nothing that would remotely trouble any of my proper powerchairs one bit? And its full of pubs! Another reason I love the lake district. That boma wont work in a bar or the loo...

And then do the impossible. Swap from powerchair to boma. And that would somehow need to be brought along too. And how? Its long, and will not manoever in a van. And then it hasnt got the range (or speed of my BM3) of my powerchairs either.

So a question. How do you get to distant places, and how do you transport it about? And doesent this make it more trouble than say using a magic mobility V6 powerchair?

And another minor issue. I drive to places like airfeilds or even the lakes. And I drive from my powerchair. So to go to any particular area, I would need to drive there in my powerchair, in my van, as below.
1. http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/ramp.mp4
2. http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/town.mp4
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/BM-MK3- ... rchair.htm BM3 temporarily broke!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » 25 Aug 2018, 17:36

Burgerman wrote:

Nice scenery. I love the lake district. But to be honest I see nothing that woud remotely trouble any of my powerchairs one bit? And its full of pubs! That boma wont work in a bar or the loo...

It is good living here and being able to get onto the fells. That part of the track is relatively smooth and wide enough to steer around the rocks, don't have any video of the more rocky parts that I go on but you would need to be brave to try in a chair with a short wheelbase and width. Off camber is the scary part especially if you were sat up, getting over big rocks with castors would be interesting, not impossible but I wouldn't want to try it. Once this pressure sore heals I'll take the Boma out on more difficult terrain with the Go Pro on, should have the neck harness working by then which will help a lot.
MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » 25 Aug 2018, 17:48

It goes in my van, I transfer into it with a ceiling hoist in the garage, go where I want and return home, transfer back. When working away at mountain bike events I travel in the Boma and have a folding manual chair for the hotel, transfer in car park.

I don't have the option of driving, no movement below my neck, also vented so always have a support worker so no problem transferring.

It is most useful on steep downhills, I've taken it down mountain bike downhill race tracks, it would be interesting to see a sit up chair get down, especially if slippy. It would be interesting to see how you would set the controller as we can't stop skidding, put delay in for park brake but if you make it too long you have problems on stopping uphill, short delay and park brake locks rear wheels, not much fun when you are sliding with little control. Short wheelbase of a conventional chair would be very interesting. If you can think of a setting that would help that it would be appreciated.
MichaelB

Postby Burgerman » 25 Aug 2018, 20:06

Park brake? I wouldnt use it, if programmed properly that will never engage unless completely stopped, and if disabled you just control it with the stick. So on a hill, facing down, a little back stick hold it still. Many of my chairs have the brake disabled. But you need everything configured correctly and fine accurate control. Wont work doing it your way. The Roboteq controller is very configurable. If motor load compensation is correctly configured that brake will not come on at all on a steep ramp and motor power will control everything. More back stick gives more braking, and set forward deceleration to a low level so no skidding as you slow. No problem on up to 16 degrees - my home made too steep pub ramp. Likely OK beyond that too. If theres no traction nothing can work.

Reducing the two forward deceleration parameters will help slightly.

What controller are you using?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 25 Aug 2018, 21:30

Just spoke to lenny via PM who reminded me that you were using no joystick etc and using a head control of some kind. So that programming in say 5 seconds of delay on the brake will not help you. Unless you can manually add the correct amount of reverse or forward throttle to balance it naturally on a slope.

I suspect the real problem is that its rear drive ?? and not 4 wheel drive as I thought.(just looked on the magic website). So most of the mass is ahead of the drive wheels. So on any slippy downhill slope you have more weight over the front and very little over the rear and so inadequate traction, so the motors decelaration, then stops a wheel, and the brake then comes on too soon as it thinks you stopped. Theres no real answer to that. Other than lengthening the front, or moving seating back. Or hanging a weight (like a lithium addon battery pack?) over the rear behind you. I cant think of a way to stop it happening that will work with your head control easily. Since it isnt as accurate or as easy to use as a joystick. At least I dont think so.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 25 Aug 2018, 21:41

Once this pressure sore heals I'll take the Boma out

Welcome to the club... I have had 2 and a half years of mostly bedrest. :cussing :fencing :argument :ak47 banghead
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » 26 Aug 2018, 12:32

I'm using chin control but it isn't easy to be accurate when you are off road, everything bounces. That is not helped by the joystick mounted to a long arm bolted to the chassis. A stupid design and I am working on getting it fitted to a neck harness, problem there is the DX joystick is a big lump, ideally you need a Mo Vis or Switch It micro joystick so wave goodbye to a couple of grand.

RWD with all of the weight at the back, there is virtually nothing at the front, so little that the suspension has hardly anything to do. I've swapped to air spring suspension rear has 250psi front 15 psi. Can't get much further back with any more weight.

Dynamic Controls DX system, never considered removing park brake but it could be an issue on steep downhill, at times I have to stop, check out the best line down and without a park brake would have to hold it in slight reverse/stop with the joystick, don't think that I have that kind of control.

Very frustrating as really you need a separate park brake control but that would be difficult to add in and another control for me to operate without hands.

First job is to get the joystick mounted and see if that helps control.

I did have head control at first but non proportional, that was a real challenge off road, surprised that I survived it!

Sick of pressure sore, only ever get it on the RH Ischial and it comes back every 3-4 months no matter how well I look after it.
MichaelB

Postby Burgerman » 26 Aug 2018, 16:21

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8035

This is your biggest problem. As you recognise. post 1.

RWD with all of the weight at the back, there is virtually nothing at the front, so little that the suspension has hardly anything to do. I've swapped to air spring suspension rear has 250psi front 15 psi. Can't get much further back with any more weight.

I certainly wouldnt describe it as all the weight on the rear. I would say theres less weight on the front, but still theres a lot of weight transfer off the rear, towards the front when going down a steep slope. Hence a rear wheel slips, stops and the brake gets applied.

Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair