YouTube Sucks

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Re: YouTube Sucks

Postby expresso » 10 Mar 2019, 02:35

my outlook email i just created is not working - cant send messages - says i have to sign in - to another email i started but it was google gmail

so why is it asking me to sign in there to send mail on outlook when i created an new name and password for outlook ?
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby expresso » 10 Mar 2019, 03:04

Ok this is getting stranger by the min.. outlook wont let me continue unless i give my phone number to send a code - it knows if its a generated number - so i add my number -

its all set up etc,- new email acct. - but it shows my name as another name i started on a sep. Gmail account i started earlier today -

i see how i can import the contacts - but i started so many accts today - that i dont remember them all - and best part still cant do nothing with youtube - haha -

there is no way to get around these email accts. i mean you have to use a phone number - which is attached to other accounts and thats it- its all the same thing - so i really accomplished nothing :x
expresso

Postby Dan » 10 Mar 2019, 10:44

You have made this a lot more complicated than it needed to be. I would have just started a new/junk YouTube account to upload videos to and for your TV which might not need an account to be able to watch YT videos.

Then I will still have my old account for e-mail and maybe a chance of getting its YT channel back on appeal.

Done with a desktop PC, its a bigger pain to do it on a phone.
Create your Google Account
Create a new gmail account (that I will never use)
Verify it with a number from a free sim card, you can have two accounts per number
Setup a new YT channel

Keep your old account for emails and stuff and treat the new account like a junk account for uploading to YT.
I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.
Dan

Postby Burgerman » 10 Mar 2019, 10:51

Thats the non complicated way to be controlled by google?

:clap

Who needs any of it? Google isnt the internet. Its just one massive money making advertizing company that has you all fooled :lol:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 10 Mar 2019, 10:58

You just configure it to your ISP mail settings.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Dan » 10 Mar 2019, 11:16

I just upload YouTube videos using a separate browser plus I would never dream of staying logged into a google account or any web account. I use adblocker, ghostery among other plugins. I also set the browser to delete all cookies/history when I close it down.

How anonymous are you online? VPN can LIE about not collecting your browser histories and they also hide their owners.
I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.
Dan

Postby expresso » 10 Mar 2019, 16:51

Dan - i agree this is more complicated for me than i was expecting also -

i dont have a free sim card with another number etc, - i cant do anything unless i get another number first ?

now i think i have 3 extra email accounts - out look acct. which shows the name i picked for my second gmail acct. - have no idea how that happened - i started an email outlook - bounder100@outlook.com - but it shows the name i choose for my gmail acct. when i was done -

i didnt pick it for outlook - this became a whole mess - i dont even care anymore now - i was just uploading my rides i video thats it - i would like to still do that - i am unable to get this going - maybe one i day i try it again -

i first need a number to use that is not my real number - but that it will accept. - i tried using other numbers that an App generated but it didnt take them - so i just put my number again -

its not easy for the avg. person to navigate around all this stuff - its built that way for that purpose - :x
expresso

Postby steves1977uk » 10 Mar 2019, 17:17

steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 10 Mar 2019, 17:31

its not easy for the avg. person to navigate around all this stuff - its built that way for that purpose - :x

There are laws that protect people privacy. So it must be possible to turn some of this stuff off. Or ask for it to be deleted. Etc. Or be FORCED to tick a box agreeing to be spied on, and data resold etc. Applies to all the companies online, like google, social media crap etc. Do they make it easy? Of course they dont. Its the think they are all SELLING to advertisers to get rich. Even in windows its all deeply hidden. But its more than that, its the fact that it pushes you to use all of their paid serrvices, or to use their search page with ads, or all thos flashing things on the menu, or all the metro aps that you cant officially uninstall.

There are ways to deal with all of it. But first you need to understand what all those sites, or windows is offereing. Win10 was a FREE ugrade. Why do you suppose that is???
Theres a version of windows, that does non of that, and what data it does send back is crash or startup speed data and no ID. And it has not got all that spy stuff, spy metro aps, that crap browser, cortana or any of the other garbage that experienced user do not want. Those are all SELLING you something and restricted in user choisce in one way or another. Likewise windows store... Nobody wants it. So its not installed!

And no frequent "feature" updates. Features are metro aps and stuff that phones home or tries to sell you something... There no updates because it doesent have any "features".

So once you have the volume licence version of Windows 10 64, Enterprize, LTSC 2019 installed HALF your problems have gone. Careful configuration sees the rest gone. Then VPN like expressVPN, so you are anonymous. And then Firefox (not GOOGLE CHROME thats an advertising company tool! What do you suppose that browser purpose is and why is that company giving it free? Firefox is written by people that are against all that stuff voluntarily. Works better too. And on FireFox you must install Ublock Origin. Takes seconds, never see another add online. Or popup, or anything YOU dont want.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 10 Mar 2019, 19:51

the laws are there to protect them not us - i been using firefox for ever - i have your version of windows installed on my desktop also

i do my best as i go along using it - i will look into that VPN thing - if that even works - as they say - we never will know - only if it ever gets exposed one day -

i am not going to even bother wit youtube at all - getting tired of this - if i get another number to use to sign up etc, phone number from sim card how ever that works - every single person is tracked one way or another -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 11 Mar 2019, 00:51

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/20/what-do ... ut-me.html

And google knows every search, every page you ever visit, and rather a lot more. Data mining. It knows your location and tracks you. It knows where you were when you searched for everything, it reads your email to figure out what you might buy, knows when you turned your lights off. And a mountain of other stuff. Social media is even worse and they sell this data to outside data mining companies.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 11 Mar 2019, 01:17

yes i knew this for a long time - they say its your benefit to give you better options etc, etc, - after you search for something - you get emails or suggestions on those items you just searched - Google maybe one of the worst - but google is what we do know - its what we dont know thats WAY worse than google etc,

they all do it - and its even legal for them to do - so whos fault is this - OUR Gov. they dont look out for us - instead they create all the issues we face each day - its all bullshit - and not much you can do about it - you can do all you can to hide this or that and it will just consume you and nothing changes much if any.

but i guess what ever you can do easily if you have the know how to do it - i would - this is the world we live in - and its been in the making for who knows how long - by the time everyone really wakes up to this - good luck for the future generations - i be gone by then - all thats left of me will be my lithium packs :joint
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 11 Mar 2019, 01:42

they all do it - and its even legal for them to do - so whos fault is this - OUR Gov. they dont look out for us

Its not the governments job to interfere with the internet though. Its the uncontrollable wild west. They are trying to control this data thing in the EU. Does nothing as they just put up a big box asking you to agree or bugger off. Which I do. Actually I use uBlock Origin and block the box...

So its not the gov fault, its yours. Tell them to get lost.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 11 Mar 2019, 01:50

it is the Gov. because the Gov. is suppose to be looking out for the people - they are in a sense Hired to do things in the best interest of the People and they are not doing that - they are allowing this to happen - there shouldnt be any box to tick off - the problem is they give you box to either accept or cant continue -

so you dont tick it - you dont continue and you move on without - you can do that with alot of things but not everything - anything you do - you have to give up some of your information not only on the internet - if you look for an apt. they run a check on you - if you buy a car - they run a check - a house - everything

go to the doc. you have to supply some info. that the Gov. says dont give out to no one - but yet they all ask for it and unless you give it - you dont get service - so its not that simple - if you want to live off the grid - ok then you live that way - and even then your not off the grid as you may think you are -

time for me to finish my wine and lay back to listen to some music off my new Tube Amp :dance
expresso

Postby expresso » 11 Mar 2019, 01:51

yes i agree - its not the Gov. job to interfere with the internet - and with ALOT of other things -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 11 Mar 2019, 10:22

it is the Gov. because the Gov. is suppose to be looking out for the people - they are in a sense Hired to do things in the best interest of the People and they are not doing that - they are allowing this to happen - there shouldnt be any box to tick off - the problem is they give you box to either accept or cant continue -

Thats easy VPN! They dont know who you are or where you are as long as you have disabled geo tracking in windows. Or DONT continue. I dont waste my time of social media and there search engines that dont track you. Google is not the internet. Its a advertising company with its claws everywhere.

so you dont tick it - you dont continue and you move on without -

See above. Or yes move on. You are being marketed and controlled.

you can do that with alot of things but not everything - anything you do - you have to give up some of your information not only on the internet - if you look for an apt. they run a check on you - if you buy a car - they run a check - a house - everything

We have a thing called the data protection act. Recently replaced by the newer act. If someone shares data held on you with any third party, or keeps it beyond the time required, they are breaking the law here. And on the web the same thing. We have a EU law that means every site must disclose all the data they collect, and ask you to agree or not before you can access the site. If you tick NOT then they can not collect any data. And they may or may not then allow you to use their site. Or YOU choose the terms, by leaving or accepting their deal. EVERY site you visit in the UK except this one. I refuse to be told what to do and dont collect or sell any data.

https://www.experian.co.uk/business/glo ... ction-act/ Obey or be fined 500,000 pounds or 700,000 dollars. And company in the UK and any site that allows UK visitors.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 22 Mar 2019, 20:04

Dan wrote:You have made this a lot more complicated than it needed to be. I would have just started a new/junk YouTube account to upload videos to and for your TV which might not need an account to be able to watch YT videos.

Then I will still have my old account for e-mail and maybe a chance of getting its YT channel back on appeal.

Done with a desktop PC, its a bigger pain to do it on a phone.
Create your Google Account
Create a new gmail account (that I will never use)
Verify it with a number from a free sim card, you can have two accounts per number
Setup a new YT channel

Keep your old account for emails and stuff and treat the new account like a junk account for uploading to YT.

Hi Dan - thanks for the breakdown - i havnt done anything yet - i somehow managed to start a new google email but its still within my Original Acct. so i really did nothing to fix this issue with YT

explain to me how i can have two acct. with one number - do you mean two YT accts. - two google accounts etc ? when you say FREE SIM CARD - not sure how that works - nothings is free here - and we get one number connected to each Sim card - as far as i know -

if i start all over and put in my number - it may just revert back to my original acct. and then wont work ? i am thinking -

and my TV dosnt work YT - i believe since it was set up to log in automatic - and now that its not active to sign in - its just black mostly and hangs there so cant use YT on my TV even if i didnt want to sign in - i guess if i clear it out on the TV somehow where i would have to sign in again - and just dont sign in - then i may be able to watch YT with no acct. there

on my other TV with Roku box - i can see it there - but not my bedroom with built in smart TV has YT already -

unless Panasonic did something and not working anymore - they did go out of Business making TVs -

i was going to use a friends phone number instead - but with YT - i really hate to have them do it again to me for what ever reason and then my friends number is done with also
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 22 Mar 2019, 20:26

I think you guys are all mad. I have NO accounts online with anyone or anything. And life is simple and everything works.

Why would you give a bunch of advertisers like google facetube etc access to all your info so they can make money out of you and better target you with unwanted crap? And you are jumping through hoops to allow them to do it! Mad! :thumbup:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 22 Mar 2019, 20:32

you are right - but thats like living in a Cave now - and using your 1970 cell phone again - my father is even using YT he finds it great to find his old movies etc, - of course i have to find them for him - he dosnt have an acct. just YT no acct. for him -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 22 Mar 2019, 21:51

I do all of that. I just dont see any point in joining or signing up. What is to gain?

With the additional advantage that I see no ads, outside of, or inside of, or during or before any movies...

I also have live stream access to every news, sport, tv or movie channel worldwide, and movies for free, as well as us and UK amazon, nowTV and netflix. And I am not a member of any of them.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 22 Mar 2019, 22:00

>>> and using your 1970 cell phone

I do. My phone is an old style flip phone. Small screen. It doesent do smilies even. Never mind go on the internet. Because its A PHONE!!! I have a 2k laptop for the web, and a 4K desktop PC. Its got no camera even. Why? Because that puts a shit photo making gadget that takes noisy fuzzy overprocessed pictures I dont want, in the place a better battery could be!

I have 2. They were 35 pounds for TWO.
I have a pay as you go card, and that has cost me almost 15 pounds per year for the last 5 years use. I charge it on the 1st day of every month if it needs it or not, and if I drop it it bounces. If I lose it then it cost me so little I dont care. Theres no glass screen to break and it does what a phone should. Calls. You on the other hand have been "marketed" and turned into a $$$$$consumer$$$$$...

:clap
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 22 Mar 2019, 22:06

yes i agree - but i am fine - i like new phones - and change them every few years - life is short - they can keep what they have on me when i die - couldnt care - stick it up there ass if they want :D but i understand - you are a few who go the extra few miles do be that way and are OK with it - i am not as smart as you guys therefore dont want to waste my life tying to live that way - you know -

you need to relax have some wine - espresso and a tube amp - cheers
expresso

Postby steves1977uk » 22 Mar 2019, 23:43

I don't see how you're managing to link a new google acct to your old one expresso czy Unless you're not signing out of google completely and not clearing cookies in your browser.

A new google acct should be completely seperate from your old one, unless they're linking your IP Address to your original acct :problem:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 23 Mar 2019, 00:01

They track users by at least 20 different metrics, even across devices and browsers. By amongst other things, operating system inc version number etc, like 10.667.883.03 and the same with browser and resolution, number of connections, and colour depth, and language, inc system fonts, browser settings, subject matter, search history, IP address, your DNS servers, cookies, mac adresses, ports, history, time zone, type of connection, firewall or modem settings etc etc etc. They dont need you to log in. They know who and what you are within a few seconds by matching just a few things up. IF you let them.

I know WAY less than they do. And I dont track or record.
But I know for e.g. that you:

DATA DELETED...

I will delete this in a bit!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby farmer » 23 Mar 2019, 01:52

BM can you tell me where i put my keys?
farmer

Postby expresso » 23 Mar 2019, 02:04

that was public - so yes can be seen if you search for it must have been looking for a girl to work - they pay more now
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 23 Mar 2019, 02:21

BM can you tell me where i put my keys?

No. But the big data cathering and connecting companies can. Probably!

Expresso, do you think that the big advertisers dont link aLl that data that I didnt post to you? So they can follow you around with ads relate to disability, powerchairs, care agencies, employment, etc?

They grab everything. And pin it to you and your devices and then sell that stuff to people that target you, even through the snail mail spam. Or targeted phone calls. Or worse. And there will be thousands of data points and personal stuff.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 23 Mar 2019, 02:23

yes i knew that -- its been going on from the start of internet in one way or another - now its very involved and everything is theres if they want it -

not cool but what can i do :thumbdown:
expresso

Postby expresso » 23 Mar 2019, 02:25

i get chiness phone calls all the time - emails from russian girls - what can you do - one way or another they find it if they want

not long ago - i got emails for Ransom - i had to send them $890 bit coin or else
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 23 Mar 2019, 09:35

If you use a good VPN. DONT sign up with all those online marketing and advertising companies like any social media, or google etc. And change your USER name, use use different passwords and usernames on any shopping sites, and use paypal instead of cards, online, you make it all but impossible for them to track anything at all thats about YOU. Especially important to install ublock origin, and use a non advertising companys browser. Because ads and so the companies that own and place them track you across the web with a remarkable ability to put 2+2 together and figure out a lot about you. Even without cookies. So have no ads!!!
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything