You couldn't make it up

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

You couldn't make it up

Postby Ironside » 11 Mar 2019, 21:57

Honestly, I reckon I could write a comedy about my dealings with Permobil.

It wasn't so frustrating it would be hilarious. Guy from Permobil came down a couple of weeks ago to fit the new upholstery week some alterations to my armrests in order for to fit. I've had to spend the last 2 1/2 weeks because of a small area on my backside that was sore. Anyway, I got out of bed this morning into the Permobil and discovered that the chair was now too wide and I couldn't get through my doorways. Because the armrests have been adjusted to accommodate the slightly wider upholstery my chair is now about 6 cm or more wider than it was before.

Like I said, you couldn't make it up
Ironside

Re: You couldn't make it up

Postby martin007 » 12 Mar 2019, 01:53

martin007

Postby Burgerman » 12 Mar 2019, 01:58

Thats why I say DIY. You are dealing with people that do not care, do not think, do not know anything.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby flagman1776 » 12 Mar 2019, 02:31

Not an ounce of brains!
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Postby ex-Gooserider » 12 Mar 2019, 03:13

Sounds like why a lot of us like to do our own repairs - or have assistance from family / caregivers if needed.... I suspect that it wouldn't be hard to reverse some of those adjustments at least somewhat...

Otherwise, call Permobil and wait.... banghead banghead

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 12 Mar 2019, 03:32

When I first get a new chair it takes me at LEAST a week to get its basic configuration, correct.

By which I mean seating arm height. Arm width. Seat width. Seat depth. The position of arm tops in relation to actual arm posts, and side guards etc is usually the first fight and requires swapping position of the pod mount etc its usually a game! Seat position on the chair (to get CG correct). And how far back or forwards the arm tops are. Joystick position, most are too low and too outboard and way too wobbly and insecure. Back and headrest, removal of extra bracket materials, positioning, and get rid of free play. Programming requires a week alone and OEM tools to get perfect. Footrest position, length, angle. Tyres, pressures, anti tip length and height. And suspension sorted which usually means either setting as soft or as hard as poss depending which way its wrong... Then a few days testing and fine tuning.

Failure to go to this trouble when you first get a new chair means you are forever in a chair thats a pain to use. That doesent work properly. Like 99 percent of chairs!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair