Hi from Hannover, Germany

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Hi from Hannover, Germany

Postby most » 05 May 2019, 07:10

Hi everyone,

I‘m Matthias ‘Mat’, aged 52, and fully focused on electric driving in all aspects. I have a battery electric car (Opel Ampera-E, before that a Renault Zoe) and recently also bought an almost ancient scooter (Vectrix VX2) that I Plan on converting from lead-acid to Lithium cells harvested from old e-Bikes.

Since we have had some bad experiences with the local paramedics dealer, I am servicing my farther-in-law‘s wheelchair. He currently has got an unknown model from „Heartway“ where the dealer pretended it is the VW Golf of the scooters... well after reading some German forums I think it is more of a uncommon brand, which explains extraordinary high prices for service parts.

Some of you might know Meyra - after some thoughts I suggested to buy a used Cityline 415 in the 15kmh version. The issue is - it only goes 5kmh... Meyra already has got a great service manual Where are you can pre-select certain speed groups. Everything in here seems to be set correctly – I cannot find any obvious mistake. The 415 is equipped with the S Drive controller.

This is where I was searching the net for approaches and soon found this forum!

Hope to be able to wise up in here.
most

Re: Hi from Hannover, Germany

Postby Burgerman » 05 May 2019, 09:49

Sounds like it may be programmed to go at that speed. So you might want to take a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5488

And someone may magically find you a link to the software.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 05 May 2019, 16:35

more and more scooters are having limits built in to the tiller head electronics meaning the software doesnt always work.
rover220

Postby most » 05 May 2019, 17:29

Well I guess this scooter is not supposed to run at 5kph, as even the label says 15kph - which is also the advertised speed. So either someone tempered with the parameter settings (maybe the dealer on request of the previous owner), or something is broken.

@Burgerman: I was kinda hoping for this :angel: Thanks for the link, I already read into the Meyra r-net thread and the long one PROGRAMMING PGDT... I must say “quite a tech related forum” - I like that a lot! ;)

Edit: Just realized that already some magic happened :dance
most

Postby most » 05 May 2019, 18:19

In case anyone wonders what I’ve tried so far...
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.elektroroller-forum.de%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D55%26t%3D8657

Google does a lousy job of translating it, I just hope you get a rough idea... cheers
most

Postby martin007 » 07 May 2019, 23:29

Hello most

A greeting from Spain. cheers
martin007

Postby most » 11 May 2019, 09:00

Guys,

thanks for your warm welcome! :thumbup:

A brief update on my father-in-law-law‘s Scooter: actually, the root cause Seems to be a non-working Hall sensor for turn detection (supposed to decelerate the scooter whenever it detects you take a turn). I didn‘t take the time yet to inspect the sensor, but this was a hint from one of Meyra‘s technicians who was kind enough to provide some tipps on the phone. I was able to validate that by deactivating the sensor detection in the head unit‘s service menu... and whooops... 15kph!
So next up it to review the sensor :hammer . Looks like I was thinking too complicated. A bit of analytical approach would have helped, like „what variables are there that can reduce the speed“. Shame on me. :shifty:
If I‘m lucky it is only misaligned! :dance

Thanks all for reading!
most

Postby most » 11 May 2019, 16:32

It was mechanically misaligned. Corrected, and all is now perfect!
Lucky me :angel:
most

Postby scootntootn » 13 May 2019, 05:07

Heartway is based in Taiwan. Very modern and flashy scooters, but that turn sensor is annoying even when it works as advertized.
Irritatingly female..
Scooter: Afikim Superlight SL2 and a small full size for longer trips.
scootntootn

Return to Introduce Yourself!