My last email regarding personal budgets has been ignored so far.
I have therefore used the enquiry form to submit this:
I wish to apply for social care needs
by self-directed support
with a personal budget
by direct payments
. How do I go about this please?
Note that the key phrases underlined have been taken directly from their literature.
I sent it via the contact form found from:http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/disabledpeo ... g_10016128
Let's see if this produces a response.
I am now preparing my personal list what I can't do, here is the starter, e.g.
- My right wrist is not strong enough to lift even a cup of tea without severe pain. Therefore,
- I can't make a bed; someone else has to do it for me,
- when my bath lift fails, as it often does, I cannot get out of the bath unaided,
- Having only one good hand, I can't safely lift a meal into or out of the microwave, so I can't prepare hot food,
- My oven is at too low a height for me to reach, so I can't prepare hot food,
- My shortish arms and limited torso movement mean that I cannot adequately reach to perform proper personal care;
- I cannot do up trousers without aids,
- I am not strong enough to open / close the fire doors giving access to the building in which my flat is located, without assistance, either of my powerchair, or another person;
I sometimes cannot get out of bed without using a patient lift,
There are many more to add, but I welcome all comments