PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others

Postby Scooterman » 11 Aug 2019, 10:25

Thank you Woody that's a great help cheers

Regarding the zip file.

I downloaded it, unzipped it, and then dropped the extracted folder into the Windows directory.

BUT the help menu and question mark buttons still don't work?

But I noticed the unzipped folder has 3 files in it?

Should I have only dragged and dropped the .exe file into the Windows folder, i.e. so it replaces the existing .exe file?

NB: It would be nice if the help files did work, but doesn't matter that much as you've posted the text of the help file I was interested in.
Scooterman

Postby woodygb » 11 Aug 2019, 10:36

One of the 3 files is a Windows Command Script (.cmd) called INSTALL ...ALL you need to do is ....Right Click on it and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR .

DONE.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby LROBBINS » 11 Aug 2019, 11:40

Woody, thanks from me too - that was certainly less cumbersome than manually installing from a boot disc.
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 11 Aug 2019, 14:27

It was. Or it would have been, had I already not done it my way. Very clever.

I was going to do something similar with a installsheild setup file, that would have involved a restart to complete. But I thought it too much trouble when you can just boot from something else and swap the file.

Your way is simple and dummy proof.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 11 Aug 2019, 14:31

Burgerman wrote:Your way is simple and dummy proof.

Err.... do you want to correct that sentence? czy

Sorry Woody I still can't get it to work. This is a screenshot of my windows folder
Attachments
dfgdfgdfg.PNG
Scooterman

Postby woodygb » 11 Aug 2019, 14:35

Scooterman wrote:
Burgerman wrote:Your way is simple and dummy proof.

Err.... do you want to correct that sentence? czy

Sorry Woody I still can't get it to work. This is a screenshot of my windows folder

And?

Once again.

UNZIP and you have 3 files ( in any place or folder you like ) ... RIGHT click on the file called INSTALL ...choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

That should be it ...there is no need to for you be in SYSTEM or faffing around IF you had a Windows puter..
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 11 Aug 2019, 14:37

I can give anyone that has a basic understanding of computers that file. And they figure a way to put it in the right place. But you do need to have a basic understanding of what you are doing and why!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 11 Aug 2019, 14:56

@Scooterman ... open the folder winhlp32win10 .

Have you got 3 files inside ..as in the pic?

If so ...do as the pic shows....Right click on INSTALL...choose Run As Administrator.

IF that doesn't work then I assume it's a MAC problem.

winhelp.jpg
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby LROBBINS » 11 Aug 2019, 15:42

Does his Mac, even running windows, recognize a right click?
LROBBINS

Postby Scooterman » 11 Aug 2019, 15:52

Yay, success! :dance

When I tried running it before I didn't run it as an administrator and the command screen said Error loading that yellow question mark win file?

To right click on my mac I have to tap the touchpad with two fingers at the same time and I then get a pop up box, then clicked on 'run as adminstrator'. Then booted the s-drive software and tried it out. :ugeek:

learning all the time

Thank you Woody :thumbup:
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 11 Aug 2019, 16:38

Lenny, no, not properly. The damned things are terrible to try to use. Only by going around the houses. And then you lose focus, cant drag etc. And stuff missing... dont ever buy one. I regularly get them here to fix from sister in law, carers etc. Bloody awful things are unbelievably frustrating. Just like an apple phone for function. They are so tied down that they wont allow you to configure, anything. Or even copy or drag/drop a file. Everything simple and obvious no longer is and may never be allowed... Run away unless you are 5.

If I had one, I would just format it, and install windows 10 64bit LTSC (the air traffic control/banks/medical use etc version without ever having all the crap installed that home users get in windows. Store, metro "aps" and all that other $$$ money making garbage).

And its got non of the other pre-installed rubbish, or stuff like that awful edge browser. Just a basic version with ONLY security updates. And only when the rest of the world already tested them...

But what do I know. Then whats the point of buying a mac? The hardware is badly constructed, and way overpriced anyway.

But if its what you "think" you want...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Ecrepepitude » 12 Aug 2019, 18:29

I hope this is the correct place for this query --- apologies if I've got it wrong.

I have the VR2 Attendant Module fitted to my Pride Quantum Artemis

and wondered if there is any way to desensitise the joystick on it.

Forward and Reverse seem OK but any deviation to left and right and it

goes insanely fast spinning in circles.

As it's for my wife to control when I have a bad day it's bloody dangerous.

I can't find any reference to it in the programming and only a brief guide to reorientation

in the Tech Guide SK77898

Thanks
Bill
Ecrepepitude

Postby woodygb » 12 Aug 2019, 19:18

Does your chair exhibit the same behaviour using the normal joystick?

I suspect that the whole system needs to be programmed properly.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Ecrepepitude » 12 Aug 2019, 19:39

No the original joystick is very soft and slow ( copes well with my tremors)
Ecrepepitude

Postby Burgerman » 12 Aug 2019, 20:12

I never played with VR2 or looked at its programming options etc. As I never saw the point of it. But in programming it will likely use a different profile for each joystick.

So it may well be programmed differently for each one. The attendent one would likely need configuring properly.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 12 Aug 2019, 20:44

Woody is going to be rolling his eyes at me as I got the cable from him year ago and just used it today. I used the settings John
had listed in red to see how they worked. Finally went to close out the program and it asked if I wanted to save it, as I tried just unhooking the cable but it didn't change anything. After it saved the file the changes obviously took effect. that solved my slow turning problem where it would start out slow then rapidly slam into 'the nearest wall.

The only thing I didn't figure out was how to reverse the joystick when using the tilt function. It still requires the joystick to push forward to tilt the seat back instead of pulling back as is intuitive.

Thanks for everything all you guys do for the forum.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 12 Aug 2019, 22:20

Are you talking about r-net?

Its under SEATING > INTELLIGENT SEATING MODULE > AXIS > (look for tilt) and choose yes if it says no. Choose no if it says yes! Then it goes the opposite way.

Also check out these settings for turning speed, torque, etc. But use your own motor compensation settings. So DONT USE THIS FILE just look at the settings!

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/program ... ions.R-net
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 13 Aug 2019, 00:06

Ecrepepitude wrote:No the original joystick is very soft and slow ( copes well with my tremors)

I have sent you a P.M. ( Message ).

As far as I am aware the attendant joystick should control the chair exactly the same as the normal joystick ...UNLESS a different profile is being used for the attendant joystick.

So ...do you select a different profile for the attendant ?
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 13 Aug 2019, 00:11

hobie1dog wrote:Woody is going to be rolling his eyes at me as I got the cable from him year ago and just used it today. I used the settings John
had listed in red to see how they worked. Finally went to close out the program and it asked if I wanted to save it, as I tried just unhooking the cable but it didn't change anything. After it saved the file the changes obviously took effect. that solved my slow turning problem where it would start out slow then rapidly slam into 'the nearest wall.

The only thing I didn't figure out was how to reverse the joystick when using the tilt function. It still requires the joystick to push forward to tilt the seat back instead of pulling back as is intuitive.

Thanks for everything all you guys do for the forum.

I'm assuming that you have a VR2 on your chair ...if so ....

Try " Invert Actuator Axis"

This parameter reverses the polarity of Actuator channel 1.

Invert Axis 1 Joystick Pin 1 Pin 2
YES Forward Positive Negative
YES Reverse Negative Positive
NO Forward Negative Positive
NO Reverse Positive Negative
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby ex-Gooserider » 13 Aug 2019, 00:12

Burgerman wrote:Lenny, no, not properly. The damned things are terrible to try to use. Only by going around the houses. And then you lose focus, cant drag etc. And stuff missing... dont ever buy one. I regularly get them here to fix from sister in law, carers etc. Bloody awful things are unbelievably frustrating. Just like an apple phone for function. They are so tied down that they wont allow you to configure, anything. Or even copy or drag/drop a file. Everything simple and obvious no longer is and may never be allowed... Run away unless you are 5.
<snip>

Totally agree - I just replaced the keyboard on the GF's MacBook after she 'souped' it... (Hint - unlike a car, souping it up does not help a computer's operation - it really messes up the keyboard function.... :( :thumbdown: ) On my Lenovo Laptops the keyboard is actually sealed and designed with drains to let liquids flow THROUGH the machine - even sticky liquids can USUALLY be just rinsed clean... Even if you do have to tear it down, most repairs are very easy and straightforward....

Mac required special screwdriver to open it up, then individual removal of lots of fiddly bits and cables just to get to the top shell.... Then one must PRY out the GLUED IN battery (which appeared to be made w/ 6 cells in series, but there were three physically different cell sizes????) which allows you to get to the RIVETED in keyboard.... You then have to rip the old keyboard out with a pair of pliers.... Then go in with a pair of dykes and pull out the remains of all the aluminum rivets.... There are a BUNCH of them - essentially one at every intersection of keys, plus a few extras :cussing :cussing :cussing. After that, put the new keyboard in place, and secure it with a TINY screw every place there used to be a rivet... The screws are #000 Philips flatheads about 1mm long, and there are about 50 of them.... :cussing banghead :cussing banghead

Then try to stick the battery back in (hopefully you didn't puncture the pouch cells while prying them out....) followed by all the fiddly bits....

The GF has already been warned that I will NOT be doing this repair again....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby hobie1dog » 13 Aug 2019, 00:54

woodygb wrote:
hobie1dog wrote:The only thing I didn't figure out was how to reverse the joystick when using the tilt function. It still requires the joystick to push forward to tilt the seat back instead of pulling back as is intuitive.

I'm assuming that you have a VR2 on your chair ...if so ....

Yes, I have the VR2
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 13 Aug 2019, 01:09

R-net does that automatically if you choose that the active joystick can "grab focus" so I thought VR2 may do the same.

So ...do you select a different profile for the attendant ?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 13 Aug 2019, 01:26

woodygb wrote:
hobie1dog wrote:

Invert axis 1 and 2 were already in the "on" position

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby hobie1dog » 13 Aug 2019, 02:51

The only way it is usable inside is on power level 2, as going above that just gets too jerky. I left the motor compensation at 135 ,the stock setting as John mentioned not changing it so that it matched the original motors.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 13 Aug 2019, 08:39

Try reducng it. It could be wrong?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 13 Aug 2019, 09:35

hobie1dog wrote:
Invert axis 1 and 2 were already in the "on" position

So? ...Try OFF.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Burgerman » 13 Aug 2019, 09:53

So? ...Try OFF.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 13 Aug 2019, 12:16

Yay! I did it this morning. I upped the s-drive output volts from 24v to 27v. I couldn't see the point in setting it any higher than 27v as the loaded volts never go above 26.5v.

But it's made a difference. I went for a short run this morning of about 1-2 miles and got the top speed up to 9.6mph. I reckon on long run when the cells are warmed up scooter will do over 10mph on the flat :biker

NB: Scooter starts to get much more responsive on the throttle and top speed increases after about 5 miles of constant riding. Warmer weather cells warm up quicker.

woodygb wrote:
NOTE:- I tried on a dummy profile and it whinged @ 42 volts!!!

I tried that too Woody. If the S-Drive can output 42v does that mean it can accept an input of up to 42v? :eh:
Scooterman

Postby woodygb » 13 Aug 2019, 13:27

Scooterman wrote:Yay! I did it this morning. I upped the s-drive output volts from 24v to 27v. I couldn't see the point in setting it any higher than 27v as the loaded volts never go above 26.5v.

But it's made a difference. I went for a short run this morning of about 1-2 miles and got the top speed up to 9.6mph. I reckon on long run when the cells are warmed up scooter will do over 10mph on the flat :biker

NB: Scooter starts to get much more responsive on the throttle and top speed increases after about 5 miles of constant riding. Warmer weather cells warm up quicker.

woodygb wrote:
NOTE:- I tried on a dummy profile and it whinged @ 42 volts!!!

I tried that too Woody. If the S-Drive can output 42v does that mean it can accept an input of up to 42v? :eh:

Ummmm ...no real idea about the 42v input BUT my guess would be lots of smoke.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Scooterman » 13 Aug 2019, 13:32

woodygb wrote:Ummmm ...no real idea about the 42v input BUT my guess would be lots of smoke.

Tyre smoke? That what we want!!! :dirtbike
Scooterman

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair