PL8 software won't install

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PL8 software won't install

Postby wheelie junkie » 20 Aug 2019, 18:36

Burgerman wrote:Except that its predictably screwed up your windows operating system. :fencing :roll:

Working exactly as it should for now, I might even try recording the next lithium battery charge just to see it is stable. No more insider updates and carefully test any other updates and all should be good. All R Net, PL8 and Wizard settings files stored in Onedrive so no chance of losing them. Only problem is my Pro licence number isn't working so need to sort that, not essential anyway and it was only £19.99,probably why it isn't working :)
wheelie junkie

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2019, 20:11

Mine is working fine. It is free.

Why would you waste 20 quid on a duff number.

Tried that doing it properly years ago. Licenced copy. As soon as you swap out a motherboard, a graphics card, or a hard drive or two, it thinks you are stealing it and stops working. I gave up on the stupid microsoft telephone merry go round trying to re authorise it years ago. Cracked version just work better. No grief. Takes literally 2 clicks... Got 4 copies here, working great, from XP, and every version since, for free. 20 years ago. Microsoft made this licencing thing problematic and drives users like me to use a crack instead. Right now I can boot my desktop with 1 click from 4 different disks and 4 different windows versions. And 2 are windows 10... You are your own problem.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby wheelie junkie » 21 Aug 2019, 12:27

Because I pay people for their work and businesses for their investment, it is quite a simple principle, I don't work for free and neither should anyone else. You chose to steal, I chose to work and by working I can benefit from being able to claim for software as a business expense and can afford to pay for it. I'm comfortable with those ethics, you chose something else that you are comfortable with that's the way the world goes round.

No need to do anything with Microsoft's unintelligible support phone team, I realised that I had used my Windows Home serial number, created a new virtual machine with pro serial and up and going again.
wheelie junkie

Postby Burgerman » 21 Aug 2019, 18:47

Feel free to pay. If you must.
Then crack it anyway.

Because it will be a mountain of crap and endless arguments with microsoft on the phone if you start swapping hard disks or cloning drives to new PCs etc etc. It will just keep deciding you have an illegal copy. So you may as well! And then it never does. Ask me how I know. :clap Having a LEGIT copy is just way too much trouble to impossible.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby wheelie junkie » 21 Aug 2019, 19:01

With the correct pro code it installed onto a newly created virtual hard disk, it seems like using vm does have advantages :) I agree on trying to use MS support, tried once and evidently geordie english and Indian English aren't the same language.
wheelie junkie

Postby Burgerman » 21 Aug 2019, 19:06

It will install. And the question is is it activated. And for how long before it starts crying... Then crack it. No more crying.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby wheelie junkie » 22 Aug 2019, 10:47

Activated without a problem both home and pro versions. We'll see how long it lasts. I'll be cloning the vm hd to my Apple OS beta drive, it'll be interesting to see what happens on that.
wheelie junkie

Postby Burgerman » 22 Aug 2019, 10:51

Apple OS beta drive

No clue why any drive needs to be apple or beta. A drive is a drive on every other operating system, doesent matter if on USB, internal bus etc. As long as you try to run a copy of windows on some apple stuff it will screw up.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby wheelie junkie » 22 Aug 2019, 13:32

It is just the HD that I use to test Apple beta OS, it could be formatted for any OS. More interestingly the cloned Windows vm runs perfectly on that beta Mac OS and is activated even though it is a different HD it resides on. You must be doing something to get problems that require cracks
wheelie junkie

Postby Burgerman » 22 Aug 2019, 13:39

Yes I build computers. And on my own 3 machines, I regularly fit better, faster, upgrade parts.

Windows IDs you computer components. Change out 3 or four Or clone a disk to a different machine, or whatever and it goes tits up and forces you to contact them. Or as yours soon will, it will decide for whatever reason, that your grace period is up..

Not worth the legit version fight.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby wheelie junkie » 22 Aug 2019, 16:16

It'll be interesting to see if it recognises a virtual disk being cloned onto a different drive. If it does I won't be wasting hours trying to understand MS support in India although they do have a dedicated accessibility team you can call. Never tried that one yet. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/accessi ... nswer-desk
wheelie junkie

Postby Burgerman » 22 Aug 2019, 16:37

Always works for a week to a few months. Then it doesent.

Crack.exe > click > no more crying ever.
Do whay you like with it on any hardware you choose or change.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 05 Sep 2019, 02:01

A simple question for MAC experts: how to increase font size for safari in iPad?

My dad was given an iPad to read news. He asked me to increase font size in safari. I gave up after wasting a day :cussing
snaker

Postby expresso » 05 Sep 2019, 04:19

for some reason i cant figure out why i cant reinstall the PL 8

i get this error - i tried with no antivirus - with amd. approval etc, but still says its being blocked - cant see what it is in my security settings thats doing it - havnt touched anything in years
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Dan » 05 Sep 2019, 08:02

snaker wrote:A simple question for MAC experts: how to increase font size for safari in iPad?

My dad was given an iPad to read news. He asked me to increase font size in safari. I gave up after wasting a day :cussing

I don't have an ipad but the apple website says.

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Larger Text.
Tap Larger Accessibility Sizes for bigger font options.
Drag the slider to select the font size you want.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202828
I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.
Dan

Postby Dan » 05 Sep 2019, 08:04

expresso wrote:for some reason i cant figure out why i cant reinstall the PL 8

i get this error - i tried with no antivirus - with amd. approval etc, but still says its being blocked - cant see what it is in my security settings thats doing it - havnt touched anything in years

Try right clicking on the install file and click run as administrator. Ohh the internet says might not work.

The internet says to edit the registry.
https://superuser.com/questions/1252575 ... windows-10
Dan

Postby Dan » 05 Sep 2019, 08:17

Or sign in as the system administrator if you have more than one windows account.
Dan

Postby Burgerman » 05 Sep 2019, 09:10

Just run this. Download to desktop. THEN double click it...
Attachments
CHGM8Sv2.exe
(10.19 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 05 Sep 2019, 11:09

Here's what you SHOULD see expresso...

pli8install.jpg

Although yours look different to mine. :?

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 05 Sep 2019, 15:08

Dan wrote:
expresso wrote:for some reason i cant figure out why i cant reinstall the PL 8

Try right clicking on the install file and click run as administrator. Ohh the internet says might not work.

The internet says to edit the registry.
https://superuser.com/questions/1252575 ... windows-10

thanks - i am not sure how to change it in the registry -
expresso

Postby expresso » 05 Sep 2019, 15:09

Burgerman wrote:Just run this. Download to desktop. THEN double click it...

thanks - i think i found this - i had it before - still like to fix it the way it should
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 05 Sep 2019, 15:24

Then you need to configure your windows properly in non dummy mode. Its security settings are preventing you.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 05 Sep 2019, 18:07

All Done - did the registry edit to enabled and its working now -

thanks for all the help :thumbup:
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 05 Sep 2019, 19:42

This is what you get when you take what is an extremely complex device like a computer and try to dumb it down to the level of the typical dumb end user student/housewife etc. Apple style. In trying to make the thing idiot proof for dummies, they make it useless for anyone with any clue what they want to do or configure.

Windows is gradually doing this. Its got to the point where to de dummy your PC and configure it properly as a useful device is now at least a days work to sort out 90% of this. And many months of fine tuning to really get it straightened out. There should be two versions. Expert and dummy. Not a dummy only one.

The expert one needs about 40 pages of options and settings that are available directly after install to allow proper configuration options without a massive load of fights over the first few months.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LROBBINS » 05 Sep 2019, 20:42

This is probably getting out of date, but it was and perhaps still is a decent step-by-step guide to creating a crap-less windows installation.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-clean-installation-guide.781178/
LROBBINS

Postby Burgerman » 05 Sep 2019, 20:51

Yes its a quick guide to getting rid of about 5% of the crap. But it is out of date and much of that will no longer work. But it gives you the idea. You must always select advanced, or scroll, or untick stuff, or basically go through the whole thing with a fine tooth comb to configure everything properly. Including computer and group policies, all the microsoft scheduler stuff, etc etc. Takes months to find deeply hidden things you forgot about.

Of course most of that and a ton of other stuff, you cant just turn off, is already stripped out of the LTSC version from day 1. Store, store apps, cortana, and 101 other microsoft pay shit, inc that awful browser, and all the rest. Just not there.
Even so, it still took me a month or 3 to finally get it how I want it. So I am the one driving.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 06 Sep 2019, 01:33

Dan wrote:I don't have an ipad but the apple website says.

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Larger Text.
Tap Larger Accessibility Sizes for bigger font options.
Drag the slider to select the font size you want.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202828

That only increases the system font size, not the font size inside the safari browser.

Any other (free) solution that I can try?
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 06 Sep 2019, 03:04

Install firefox as I can choose any font, size, or full screen magnification I want.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Dan » 06 Sep 2019, 03:18

snaker wrote:Any other (free) solution that I can try?

It turns out this is not that easy. It loos like apple believes everyone has 20 20 vision. You can zoom in and out by pinch expanding the screen but this means you will have to scroll the page left and right to be able to read it all.

I have an Iphone but I don't use Safari, the first thing I did was install the firefox browser but don't see an option to change the font size in it either however it does have a reader option which changes a webpage into mostly text and the font size can be changed but that can mess up some web pages too and I think not every site has that option.

Safari also has a reader mode

youtu.be/cBXmGCUz27w
Dan

Postby Burgerman » 06 Sep 2019, 04:33

Theres 101 options in firefox for zoom (size) of everything, images and text, text alone, allow the page to choose or you to choose, etc etc. All in firefox. Also in internet explorer should anyone still use, and every browser I ever looked at.

Unless its back to the stupid dumbed down apple thing again... This is how firefox SHOULD appear.

Take a look. This is what you see on a PC.
Attachments
size.gif
Note, mines at 110%. Just click a plus or minus. Or roll the mouse wheel.
menu.gif
Or from the menu bar at the top, you can choose to increase font size alone. Or both.
detail.gif
If thats not enough you can choose a lot more details in the setup. And can overide website settings and choose your own...
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair