ROBOT WARS

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

ROBOT WARS

Postby Burgerman » 07 Sep 2019, 09:50

10 MINS. oR 10 AM.

https://easyview.eu/watch.php?stream=bbc-two

Or iPlayer. BBC2
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: ROBOT WARS

Postby Scooterman » 08 Sep 2019, 20:17

That's a good streaming website :thumbup: A few of the streams work for me but not ITV1 Ch4 and C5, which is a shame :(

PS I like robot wars. That and Dragons Den are about the only two progs I watch on the BBC
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 08 Sep 2019, 20:55

They usually work. Give it a few days...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 09 Sep 2019, 09:12

Will do :thumbup:

It's a good site because other streaming sites I've used route you to for example the iplayer app, which block some VPN IP addresses. Sometimes I have to try a few IPs before I find one that works with iplayer
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 09 Sep 2019, 11:38

I cant stand the BBC...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 09 Sep 2019, 11:56

Burgerman wrote:I cant stand the BBC...

You're not alone, I despise it too, the whole organisation. I think there's millions who feel the same way.

They're losing license fee payers hand over fist as more and more people wise I up and realise there's absolutely no need pay the telly tax and still view TV legally.
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 09 Sep 2019, 16:19

Well they are not fit for purpose. I watch the odd bit now and again, mostly in discust to remind me why I will never pay them on principle.

-Why should I be forced to pay the BBC to watch say sky, or any other TV broadcast live?

-Their funding model belongs in the last century. Its unfair to all the other broadcasters, like ITV or SKY etc. Why should people be hounded and terrorised by
-vile letters insinuating that you are guilty before they even know?
-They recieve 4.2 BILLION and manage to only make around enough programs to fill 1 day a week. Most of which is either childrens TV or dumbed down shit I wouldnt ever be interested in. All the rest is endless repeats of this same garbage. I wonder where the rest goes... (Clue, they employ 22,401 (2019) and all of those are massively overpaid doing nothing very much it seems, with huge pensions, houses with moats, expenses bills, jollies to travel around the world for a 15 second "report".
-BIAS, they HATE brexit, trump, america, israil, and anything to the right. They love (and push rediculously) the black, lesbian gay, muslim, every accent and disability possible, anything non white or non male to the point of making every show, host, newsreader, guest, game show, series, impossible to watch. Its as if its now illegal to show 2 white people on screen at the same time. God forbid they are male or straight. Its all so bad its literally unwatchable. Its embarassingly so.
- they sheltered and hid many pedophiles for years and probably still do.
- they think its their job to show the viewers what to think. Its not. They are supposed to be completely impartial. Which is a joke I am sick to death of their endless remainer interviews and bullshit.

And I am NOT ever paying for this shit. If they want to push this, let them encrypt it and let those that like all that stuff pay for it. Guess why they dont.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 10 Sep 2019, 11:51

Every month or two I get another letter plastered in red and threatening me in huge letters that I could go to prison.

Sometimes they knock on the door but I don't bother answering.

Once one of their guys knocked and said he was from some polling company surveying peoples viewing habits. I said no thank you and shut the door. But I later heard on the news/online that it was a ruse employed by tv licensing contractors, but I think practice was outlawed.

They're bastards in my opinion. I hope more and more people stop paying the license fee and I encourage people not too. They have no power of entry (unless accompanied by a copper with a court search warrant). So I tell people if they knock just say no thank you and shut the door in their face.

And even if you have some monster telly on the wall like yourself or Terry, it doesn't prove anything.

We can both share a prison cell together Ha! Ha!
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 10 Sep 2019, 17:45

I have 2 of those. Its not relevant. Either they will need to catch you watching TV as broadcast, or prove you did. Or you will have to be stupid enough to admit that to them.

If they try to fine you anyway, then you tell them that you plead not guilty and wish to see them in court with their EVIDENCE. At this point they will throw it out.

They COULD follow your IP adress from Iplayer. Unless you use a streaming site as above, preferably with a VPN.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 10 Sep 2019, 18:05

I have heard that TV Licensing aren't allowed to use IP addresses to gather evidence? :eh:

Just tell 'em someone hacked the wifi :lol:
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 11 Sep 2019, 13:04

They identify YOU in hundreds of different ways.

https://www.cookiebot.com/en/website-tracking/

They id you based on browser fingerprinting, such as font, window sizes, browser type and version and settings screen resolution, user agent, version, operating syste and version and 101 other things. So that wont work...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 11 Sep 2019, 13:15

Ooh! Does using a VPN cover all the bases and make you anonymous?
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 11 Sep 2019, 16:51

No. They can still tell you are the same person returning. And track the false IP address across the web. But they cant pinpoint who you are or your actual address.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 11 Sep 2019, 21:13

That's okay then, I only watch an hour or two a week. Even if I didn't hate the BBC I Still wouldn't pay £155 to watch a couple of hours TV a week. I'd rather give my money to Netflix, better value for money.
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 12 Sep 2019, 11:37

Or Amazon prime. Next day delivery free on thousands of things. And the movies, series, etc.

I just ordered a 3 all you can eat sim card. Includes free calls, free SMS, etc too. You can plug your landline phone straight into the router - it has a phone socket.

And a 4G wifi router. External antenna. So I get cheaper internet, at 10 per month for 6 months, and 20 per month indefinitely. I got a test FOC sim, and get 45 to 50mbps down, 8 or 9 up... Thats as good as NTL, and 40ms ping. And no need to have a landline. So all cheaper. And way faster than I need. You can then tell virgin to shove their complex bills, and ever increasing amounts, and expensive calls up their bum. That was last night. Be here today.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 12 Sep 2019, 12:01

You need:

A router.
This is expensive, but ideally what you really want. I ordered one. If it does not work for you, then 14 days to return it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-unlocke ... way&sr=8-8

Theres a cheaper huawei router, looks the same, main difference is wifi speed, and no 5ghz, but for most its way faster than they will need. And similat TP Link ones from around 70 pounds. Such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-MR6400-Unlo ... way&sr=8-3

And you really need this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poynting-4G-XP ... &s=gateway

This goes on a window, or a pole outside. It is pretty much essential if you want 50mbps LTE download and 10 or more uploads. I am putting mine on a 6 foot high pole fixed to the side of my house. Outdoors works way better for LTE. Thats another 17 pounds... You need to drill a hole for the cable.

Then you get a 3 sim. (14 days to cancel if it does not work for you).
http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones
Thats 5G ready, and really is UNLIMITED in bandwidth, and speed to the max a LTE connection gives. Thats at least as fast as the cheaper cable packages. Only no phone needed (it does that anyway!) and no 50 quid bills every month. You can also have a spare PAYG sim from O2 or whowever sat on the desk in the event it ever goes down. But how often does your phone fail to work? Its already more reliable than cable!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 12 Sep 2019, 15:04

if 3 was remotely as reliable as Virgin I'd certainly consider this route, but despite being < 1km from a 3 mast we've never had reliable phone let alone data from them.
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby Burgerman » 12 Sep 2019, 16:59

Just to give an idea. On my phone I get NO bars in my house. I get 2 bars outdoors and it jumps to LTE with 1 bar now and again. But with the built in LTE modem in my laptop, I get 3 bars inside slow 3G . And 2 bars outside LTE. When I do a speed test outdoors I with the laptops built in LTE 4G Modem, I get solid 25 to 30mbps. I have been using it this way for 3 days.

If I go upstairs (carer) and open a window, I get 50 or more mbps download.

The exterior antenna will allow the same.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 12 Sep 2019, 17:04

I get nothing indoors, i have to go to the end of the drive, about 5m from door, just to get a good phone signal. Compared to o2 ~40Mb 4G+ indoors, but not unlimited use on O2.
C5/6 A (complete)
Irving

Postby Scooterman » 12 Sep 2019, 18:05

I think my SIM is Three mobile? It's their 321 PAYG. 3p/min calls, 2p text, and 1p data. It's okay and cheaper than contract as I don't use it much.

I've got a landline + broadband but no house phone. I just renewed my BB contract and did wonder whether I could pay for an unlimited SIM also use it with Wifi indoors. But I'm not very technical minded.

In the end I went with Shell Energy and got 38Mb/s + landline (which I never use) for £16.75 per month, 12 mth contract.

On hindsight I wish I'd have gone for ADSL as I'd have saved myself £6/mth as I don't use the web much, I'm a luddite. :oops:

I think Shell Energy BB might use the Virgin network. Virgin is down our street but at the time I changed providers Virgin was more money.

I did see Vodafone had a short lived offer of £17.45 for 68Mb/s which is very good but an 18 mth contract.

Some mobile companies used to provide a dongle that plugged in via USB. I tried one once but it was O2 and O2 is lousy where I live.
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 12 Sep 2019, 18:48

It arrived.
I took the 3 card out of my laptop where it doesent ever get more than 1 bar or 2 on the odd occasion. And stuck in 3G mode most of the time.
Then I stuck the 3 sim card into the new router, to test.

ZERO configuration so far, using its internal antenna.
I plugged it into the wall. Its sat on my bed. Not near any window, ground floor.

And... Signal no better than laptop. But, if I my carer hangs the router out of the window, I get 4 bars, LTE and high speed.

So antenna on a pole which is here must work. Seems that its very sensitive to position too. Of course in the other end of te house it may be fine.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 12 Sep 2019, 19:15

Burgerman wrote:It arrived.
I took the 3 card out of my laptop where it doesent ever get more than 1 bar or 2 on the odd occasion. And stuck in 3G mode most of the time.
Then I stuck the 3 sim card into the new router, to test.

ZERO configuration so far, using its internal antenna.
I plugged it into the wall. Its sat on my bed. Not near any window, ground floor.

And... Signal no better than laptop. But, if I my carer hangs the router out of the window, I get 4 bars, LTE and high speed.

So antenna on a pole which is here must work. Seems that its very sensitive to position too. Of course in the other end of te house it may be fine.

Mental picture of BM shouting to carer holding pole...."left a bit, back a bit... hold it there, don't move!" :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
C5/6 A (complete)
Irving

Postby Burgerman » 12 Sep 2019, 19:26

Well thats all to come...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby greybeard » 12 Sep 2019, 22:52

< So antenna on a pole which is here must work. >

Hope the pole will include a Union Flag :thumbup: as well as that ugly lump of plastic :thumbdown: . :fencing
greybeard

Postby Burgerman » 12 Sep 2019, 23:09

Nope. It will be a dull pole.

For those interested VODAFONE also now do a all you can eat, free calls, free sms card too. But its 30 pounds a month. But if you cant get THREE then at least that will work.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything