R-net programmed to show speed and distance ?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

R-net programmed to show speed and distance ?

Postby funkykeyboard » 06 Oct 2019, 17:04

So I have the BM-2 style wheelchair, with R-net controller and pod driving the motors recommended by BM (can't remember the name (RWD MOTOR (4 POLE) P/NO: 014827 (LEFT/RIGHT HAND))
my question is is it possible (I have the programmer) to program the R-net controller to register the speed and distance the wheelchair travels?

Any advice appreciated, Tremulous Tetra. :-)
funkykeyboard

Re: R-net programmed to show speed and distance ?

Postby Burgerman » 06 Oct 2019, 17:19

Yes.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby funkykeyboard » 07 Oct 2019, 06:11

Burgerman wrote:Yes.

thanks.

funkykeyboard

Postby funkykeyboard » 07 Oct 2019, 13:57

So when I go in to the programming on the pod, all the distance displays are to 0. No information about speed or distance is being transmitted to the pod.

When I use the R-net programmer, I cannot even see a display section, never mind a part of the programming talking about displaying the distance and speed on the pod, and then calibrating. Can you give me any guidance mate?

funkykeyboard

Postby greybeard » 07 Oct 2019, 14:39

You don't need the programmer for this. Watch this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORy2zzDdzPY
greybeard

Postby funkykeyboard » 07 Oct 2019, 16:31

greybeard wrote:You don't need the programmer for this. Watch this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORy2zzDdzPY

Yes, thanks for your advice, but I have 2 wheelchairs with this system on, and I am aware of this functions.

What I am saying is when I go in to the on-board programming on the pod, all the distance displays are to 0. No information about speed or distance is being transmitted to the pod. According to the pod on my BM, the wheelchair has done 0 miles ever. Even the speed indicator in the arch does not work.

I assumed within the programming of the controller, there must be a way to calibrate with the drive motors (as drive motors will have different maximum speeds) the controller, so the controller displays the speed, trip and overall distance covered in the pod.

funkykeyboard

Postby funkykeyboard » 07 Oct 2019, 16:44

If you look on this Lifestand wheelchair the the speed indicator on the arch and the digital display increase as I move slightly. Nothing happens on my BM.
https://youtu.be/qktXX3qyRt4
funkykeyboard

Postby Irving » 07 Oct 2019, 17:07

The 'distance' menu is under 'Tools' on the main menu.

Under Motor -> Global is 'Max Rated Speed' which is set to 6.4mph on mine, and ditto on 'Max Displayed Speed''. AFAIK these are used for speed estimation and dead-reckoning on distance unless one or other or both set to zero? This is for 14" tyre. I guess it'll be set to 5.7mph for a 12.5" tyre.
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby ex-Gooserider » 15 Oct 2019, 05:54

Worth noting that any speed / distance displays on a power-chair controller are basically estimates based on tire size and motor speed - the latter based on what it thinks the motor should be turning at a given voltage output....

So it is necessary to set the controller programming up with the appropriate information - since my chairs don't have this sort of display, I've never tried it and am not sure just how it is done....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby funkykeyboard » 17 Oct 2019, 11:41

Irving wrote:The 'distance' menu is under 'Tools' on the main menu.

Under Motor -> Global is 'Max Rated Speed' which is set to 6.4mph on mine, and ditto on 'Max Displayed Speed''. AFAIK these are used for speed estimation and dead-reckoning on distance unless one or other or both set to zero? This is for 14" tyre. I guess it'll be set to 5.7mph for a 12.5" tyre.

The distance menu underneath the tools menu only enabled me to clear the total distance and trip distance. But because of your guidance, I found this. And it is now working. Thanks very much.

funkykeyboard

Return to Everything Powerchair