Need to ask a question for my mom chair

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Need to ask a question for my mom chair

Postby raymondjtoth » 04 Nov 2019, 01:43

Hi we when thought in usa National seating and moblity to get my mom replacement electric wheel chair. We had to dew to scooter store closed up and out of business, I have autism so sorry hard to understand helping my mom I’m her son, I’m higher up on spectrum, and repair place we used sed time to thing about new chair getting hard for me to get, parts. Do we did and got it, telling what happened first so understand.

We got my mom though here medicate and Medicare insurance this chair http://amysystems.com/amysystems-alltrack-m-series/ I’m linking here payed in full on here birthday what a great gift on her birthday, my question is now we are going into winter from summer/fall any type of tires I can ask for that better for winter want to get best rubber to road in winter we don’t have dare since my mom, has m.s. and varry progressive we just found out her, m.s. dr sed one day my be in this chair 24/7 he top one there worked in lab studding this 5 years befor helping patients.

What else should I ask company we bought through for that would make here chair better ready for winter weather, that do use the mk batter all thay use that good any thing else want to get it done while it’s fall since I don’t drive my mom can’t still live at home with her trying to help her out thanks so much ray toth link I posted is here chair it’s good one. Any thing I can have put on that insurance would pay for to help her in winter she take ada paratransit to go to dr or other place not in walking distance p, she can walk place if close not like in other town, we use train inn town and public busses to know giving as much detail, as can to help me get wha my mom would need thought ask here since some are better than I am I’m learning all time about different, stuff for wheel chair like my mom has, we do get new mobile magazine also we go to ability expo when in town to see what new coming out she can use or use around house thank sorry so long want you guy/gals understand what we are dealing with and understand us better thanks any help I really love it
raymondjtoth

Re: Need to ask a question for my mom chair

Postby raymondjtoth » 04 Nov 2019, 02:04

For to let you know I. In usa
raymondjtoth

Postby Burgerman » 04 Nov 2019, 02:09

I think that theres really nothing you can do to make it better in winter. I presume you mean snow. It may have been wiser to get a rear drive version, for snow or soft ground. But other than that theres little you can do other than to sort out the programming so that it steers properly.

But that is not a simple thing to do. Well it is, but its not a thing thats easy to access or to understand.

It will likely come with these style tyres. https://www.lifelightmobility.co.uk/3.0 ... RAA169.htm

And those perform about as good as you will get on snow or ice.
If it doesent, its a simple swap.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby raymondjtoth » 04 Nov 2019, 02:37

Ok how about caster tires what should I ask for them we are in Chicago Illinois usa were we can get ice and snow but do salt big tire ok in snow but caster tiers 4 smaller one what I want for it and what program do I want to ask tech to make link would be great thanks trying to help here
raymondjtoth

Postby raymondjtoth » 04 Nov 2019, 02:40

What charger should I ask them to get us want to make sure it’s what you recamend not to get crappy ones want good like you built or tryed new here don’t want to blow money to be funny trying to maximize and get best we can for my mom so we don’t go throught this agen
raymondjtoth

Postby Burgerman » 04 Nov 2019, 03:29

Ok how about caster tires what should I ask for them we are in Chicago Illinois usa were we can get ice and snow but do salt big tire ok in snow but caster tiers 4 smaller one what I want for it and what program do I want to ask tech to make link would be great thanks trying to help here

Casters dont need any grip, they are simple supports that are pushed around. They DO drop into grooves and holes. So the only option for a better caster is a larger one. And those are the preserve of rear drive chairs, hence my remarks in the first reply. In adition, the mid driove chairs get high centred on snow an uneven ice etc and get stuck... So rear drive, larger 9 or 10 inch casters on the front, work better outdoors or in snow.

Theres little you can do about the high centering or small caster issue on a mid drive chair.

What charger should I ask them to get us want to make sure it’s what you recamend not to get crappy ones want good like you built or tryed new here don’t want to blow money to be funny trying to maximize and get best we can for my mom so we don’t go throught this agen

How much are you prepared to do for yourself or you mum? Theres no mobility charger that is any good for MK gel batteries. There are only a few options that are. For e.g. the high powered 3kw device that shirley on this forum supplies. It can be set to all the correct settings for gel, and makes an excellent gel charger. But will require you to fit a connector, and learn how to set it up and configure it. And then it becomes plug and play.

Heres one on my own chair. http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/3stage.mp4

It can charge at 12A too, so faster than a mobility charger. And if you fit an anderson connector, instead of the usual connector, then it can charge at 30 or 50A too. So great for a rapid top up before she goes out. That also makes the batteries last way longer.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 04 Nov 2019, 03:32

Its what we are discussing here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7670

Again, 'they' wont get you that, and wont understand it. YOU would need to do both of those things. Knowledge is power. Without it, you dont have any choice but to use the stock charger.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby raymondjtoth » 04 Nov 2019, 03:35

Ok for charger look there what about setting you sed can do we’re them, and what tire I want for caster one thanks? Thanks for helping reasion I ask is my mom can’t work any more dew to here m.s. for got this thanks can try
raymondjtoth

Postby Burgerman » 04 Nov 2019, 03:37

Sorry I did not understand that!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby raymondjtoth » 04 Nov 2019, 03:38

Ok what caster tires I want? And chArsetting for handstick? Or joy stick our tech know what we’re talking about and willing to do them
raymondjtoth

Postby Burgerman » 04 Nov 2019, 04:04

1. You cant do anything about the caster tyres. Unless you get the rear drive version, and that has what you need, larger casters. Those will not work on the mid drive version.

2. You tech/engineer cannot, and if he could will not, program the chair properly because he will not have access to the correct OEM level programmer, and even if he did would not do what you require for a bunch of reasons.

So you will need to find a person with an OEM level programmer, or buy one, yourself (not easy) and learn how it works. Read these few pages carefully!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8035

Ther isnt easy answers to any of this stuff. You will need to lear some stuff! Knowledge is power as always!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby raymondjtoth » 04 Nov 2019, 04:18

Ok anything can get here would help on this one we got thanks any suggestions I love it
raymondjtoth

Postby flagman1776 » 04 Nov 2019, 21:14

Welcome to the forum. I also have MS. I'm sorry to learn of your mom's disability. It would help if you went to the User Control Panel and shared your state in the USA. Maybe even city if you are comfortable doing that. With an InterNational forum some resources depend on location.
Adding a charge plug direct to the batteries, does indeed allow fast charging.

There's usually not a lot of adjustment in mid drive chairs high centering stuck is a common problem. Do you understand high centering? It's when the front castors and rear anti tips, lift the drive wheels off the ground, so you are stuck. It commonly happens on the transition to a ramp, or going over another obsticle. If you put space in the anti-tips so it is less likely to high enter, it can see-saw on the balance point, uncomfortably.
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Postby raymondjtoth » 04 Nov 2019, 22:44

I can't get into control panel not tools I'm in desplaines I'll USA I'm tech sabby taking cyber security in collegevso know my knowledge thanks
raymondjtoth

Postby raymondjtoth » 04 Nov 2019, 22:47

She has this one what can we do on this one to fix see saw our tech dose it what I ask then to do or anything can ask to better this chair for my mom I love it
raymondjtoth

Postby woodygb » 04 Nov 2019, 23:02

Click on this link ... ucp.php ...to open the FORUMS User Control Panel.... then ..ucp.php?i=2896 to open the profile ..or just click on PROFILE.

Then enter your location.... e.g. Des Plaines, IL, USA
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby raymondjtoth » 05 Nov 2019, 00:43

Flldont have cable or oils new still since only got chair
raymondjtoth

Return to Everything Powerchair