Cheers from Adelaide, Australia!

You dont have to, but its interesting!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Cheers from Adelaide, Australia!

Postby Petr » 12 Jan 2020, 04:42

Hey guys,

I'm Petr, a Czech guy who loves travelling, beer and pretty girls... preferably in combos. Six years ago, I had a diving accident in Sydney when skinny dipping in one of Sydney's famous rock pools and smashed my C6 and C7 into pieces. Being very unlucky with the severe injury and terrible initial prognosis, then very lucky experiencing a remarkable recovery, then unlucky acquiring a secondary condition resulting in some progressive deterioration and lucky again healing bits and pieces of that secondary shit out, I'm still here and rocking my way through eternity.

Throughout my post-injury journey, I've experienced being C5 ASIA B quadriplegic with no movement and just traces of sensation below the level of injury as well as being C7 ASIA D quadriplegic learning to walk again and everything in between. At the moment, I'm 99% of my day bound to wheelchair using a manual wheelchair at home and when road-tripping and a Shoprider Cougar 14 Mid-Wheel Powerchair when commuting to work, shops, giving my wife a lift from a pub or flying somewhere within Australia or overseas.

I love Shoprider's model G424L because it's a simple, relatively small, powerful, cheap, easy-to-disassembly and easy-to-fix wheelchair which does the job. I buy them second hand, use each for 2-3 years doing around 20.000 kms (yes, sometimes even 30+ kms a day) until tires and wheels are worn out with no thread left, then swap for another same chair and keep the old one for spare parts.

I've joined this forum as it's a great source of information and community behind it, but, please, be patient with me and do not take it as an insult if my response comes delayed by weeks or never. I rarely join any social stuff on the Internet... partly because I do value my privacy, partly because I have just a little time left, but most importantly, I'm simply terrible when it comes to maintaining remote communication in any form.

May the Force be with you!

Petr
Petr

Re: Cheers from Adelaide, Australia!

Postby martin007 » 12 Jan 2020, 18:50

Hi!

Welcome to the Burgerman´s forum.

You live in Australia?
Australia is burning.
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 12 Jan 2020, 19:07

And its all my fault :fencing
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Petr » 17 Jan 2020, 09:42

Yeah, we're having more fires than usual... waaay more than usual. Maybe Burgerman pissed off the mother Earth?

No worries mate, we'll send you the bill.
Petr

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jan 2020, 12:38

Yes. I drove my car. All my fault!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself!