Is this China web site a SCAM?

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Is this China web site a SCAM?

Postby flagman1776 » 13 Jan 2020, 20:26

https://www.clothsoutlet.com/zkad-3-tec ... a-icomfort

Is this too good to be true? $39 + 4.99 S/H ~~~ I am seeing USA listings for $80 to $125

Golden and UltraComfort seem to be the same company. The controller part # is ZKAD3 This is the handset controller I need and frankly, the best RESCUE plan is to get my wife to plug in a new controller and push the stupid button. DUHH! So much smarter than wrastling me up or tipping me to the floor.

PS: Reviews on Amazon claim the wires are fragile where they solder to the board in the handset.
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Re: Is this China web site a SCAM?

Postby Burgerman » 13 Jan 2020, 22:16

I think so in this case. But not because of prices.
Order 2.
Its just that you are normally paying a guy for importing them, advertising them, and reselling them. At US prices, plus tax, etc. But as long as you use a credit card, or paypal, you have nothing to lose. It will be refunded.

When/if they arrive, check the wires, resolder if needed, or at least be ready to shorten the wire, and solder all the wires fresh to the board in the future.

Better still, get a price on a well known chinese auction site (likely around 10 us dollars or less) for a box of 100. Keep 2.
EBay the other 98 at $50 dollars each. If you only sell 3 a week thats an extra 120 dollars (or 480 dollars a month) profit.

Do the same with 10 other products. Then you earn yourself an easy 4800 a month easy living. Its called business. Thats what the sellers you see are doing. Thats why they charge 80 or 125 dollars a pop! They are not there for your convinience.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 13 Jan 2020, 22:38

Other stuff to think about.
Most recliners are pretty much the same but branded. It quite possible, as it was with my electric bed that entirely different remotes that are way cheaper will work. I have a bunch of old ones, with different button count, different layout, completely different style, and all work m electric bed fine. Although maybe not always as labled. So down may be up, head may be feet... Who cares.

So many you see on ebay etc may work OK too. And also you can add a couple of switches directly to the chair where they cant be seen. But your wife will know where they are. I mean simple tiny hard wired momentary switches. One for every function you care about.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com ... f=1&nofb=1

You can also put them on a fly lead, drilled into a bit of sheet/board/whatever, and add a connecting plug...
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=din+plug&t=ff ... iax=images

And you have a DIY remote as a backup. For pennies.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby flagman1776 » 13 Jan 2020, 23:47

Most lift chairs have one motor and controllers do interchange. I have a spare for my old chair ($12 ebay) which I had to use despite the broken mechanism. The left side is totally unsupported. The spare remote plugged in but didn't work the newer chair.

The new chair has 3 motors & lots of buttons. The connector is 5 pins in an arch. You are right though, it's just a plug and switches. I will have a spare, one way or another.
flagman1776

Postby Burgerman » 14 Jan 2020, 00:09

The 5 pins are:

1 negative. Or positive. Doesent matter. Common to all.

Then the other 4 are switch wires. So each switch to the common wire, and your chair works as normal. At least thats the way I would expect it to work.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby flagman1776 » 14 Jan 2020, 17:32

The (presumeably) failed control has 3 screws in the back holding the case together. I will wait until the Service Tech replaces the controller... I'll see if I can get him to leave it because there is probably just one failed wire. The cord set is quite small and has 5 conductors in it, so they must be thin.
I will have a backup controller, somehow. I was STOOOPID not to. My injuries are minor and will heal but I would have been better to avoid them.

Reasons why we share are
1) to get more ideas to problem solve
2) to give others ideas to avoid problems and injuries

** I decided not to attempt a purchase from the China web site. I've bought lots of things from China but they advertise on ebay, Amazon or other US retailers.
flagman1776

Postby martin007 » 14 Jan 2020, 22:03

** I decided not to attempt a purchase from the China web site. I've bought lots of things from China but they advertise on ebay, Amazon or other US retailers.

You've made the right decision.
martin007

Postby expresso » 14 Jan 2020, 23:18

Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 14 Jan 2020, 23:40

That site IS a scam though. I bet 90% you wont get anything...

Paypal will refund but you waste your time.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby flagman1776 » 15 Jan 2020, 21:37

I imagine the clothing is cheap knock offs of brand name goods. So you get stuck with the inferior goods. Maybe they ship wrong goods on the chair controller too but if PayPal refunds it doesn't make sense. Unless the seller is counting on the purchaser to just give up.
Like I said, I bought the spare remotes for $12 on ebay for my old (one motor) lift chair.

**It doesn't matter though, I'll buy off a USA site.**
flagman1776

Postby expresso » 15 Jan 2020, 21:47

Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Return to Anything