Permobile F3 possible generic R-net conversion

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Permobile F3 possible generic R-net conversion

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jan 2020, 09:33

You can have 6 or 7 profiles. Beats me why anyone needs more than one.

I disabled all of mine, and made a single profile that I use for absolutely everything, that works perfectly from a crawl to max speed.
I have another profile that is for slow only, for an empty chair with less motor compensation.

So I have 2 profiles. But only one thats ever used by someone sat in the chair. That works great as long as its programmed PROPERLY.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Arima » 31 Jan 2020, 19:11

Okay this is why I want to practice programming on a non essential system first. A couple of the manuals are very extensive. And the terminology is new so that is a challenge to get correct right away. My post was a follow up to buying a power module and joystick. Had a concern what if the module bought off ebay was defective? I guess if I can talk to it then it's probably okay. I was kinda excited to get this far and wanted to update because a couple people on here have been very helpful.
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jan 2020, 19:32

In order to feel the change, you need to test with each individual setting set very high, and very low. So you can aesily feel what it does in an actual chair. If you are still not sure, ask here. Doing it on a bench wont show you much.

But yes make many changes. ONE THING AT A TIME untill you can clearly understand what it does. Then set that parameter to what you prefer. Then move on to the next one. And repeat. Then start FINE TUNING all over from the start because many of these things are interreactive. For e.g, once everything is in the bal park, fine tune compensation, and torque. And then start at the beginning again. Thats the only way to learn.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LROBBINS » 31 Jan 2020, 22:53

There's at least one parameter that you should change only by small amounts - motor compensation. Start with a relatively low value, such as 50 milliohms suitable for 4-pole motors, and increase it by small amounts. If you go slightly too high the chair will get jumpy. A bit higher than that and you can end up with an uncontrollable runaway.
LROBBINS

Postby Arima » 14 Feb 2020, 03:07

johnbae1980 wrote:I can send you OEM r-net file for F3. but I am not sure whether it is works on 18V or not. let me know if u need the file.

Yes that would be cool, thxs!
Thxs
Arima

Postby Burgerman » 14 Feb 2020, 05:13

I8 may be JUST enough. I use a 5s hobby pack, its ok, around 20v.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby johnbae1980 » 14 Feb 2020, 09:19

Arima wrote:
johnbae1980 wrote:I can send you OEM r-net file for F3. but I am not sure whether it is works on 18V or not. let me know if u need the file.

Yes that would be cool, thxs!

check your PM. I sent message and files to you.
2023 Permobil M5(130ah LP4) & 2020 F5VS(120ah LP4)

-Previous chairs
2019 PermobilM5
2017 PermobilM3
2016 PermobilF5VS
PermobilM300
OttoBockB500
johnbae1980

Postby rickystyx » 14 Feb 2020, 16:32

Burgerman wrote:You can have 6 or 7 profiles. Beats me why anyone needs more than one.

I now have 3 one that I use most of the time when I'm in the chair doing whatever I want to do - this I call the great escape setting.

The second is for me getting the chair up the ramps and into the car where I'm hobbling about supporting myself on the chair whilst attempting to stand next to it and whilst trying to keep up with the damn thing and trying to control it without being able to cup the controller as you pointed out is necessary for good control - I only have an estate car and need to get the chair up into the boot on my own before I collapse in a heap so use the chair for support but need it to move really slowly - first attempts saw the chair fly off and leave me on the deck so this is called the landing zone setting.
The third setting is what I call the earache setting - :ak47 it will only let me go at my other half's walking pace because I get earache if she gets left behind or if she has to wait for me banghead - so this has to be very accurately set with just a little leeway
ottobock b400 150Ah lifepo4
Swiss-trac manual chair add on with 30Ah Lifepo4 (want more 15Ah headway cells )
Meyra Optimus (PRIME)2 150Ah lifepo4 :0)
rickystyx

Postby Burgerman » 14 Feb 2020, 17:25

Cant you just use the one EVERY SPEED setting and choose a speed that suits your earache speed?

Yes also your putting in car setting. Add a little less PROFILED motor load compensation for the empty chair. An a little slower turn speeds. And a say 25% damping setting? That will allow a softer less jumpy empty chair with still very low delays. So it goes where its told still.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rickystyx » 14 Feb 2020, 17:55

I can but still find it incredibly tempting to bugger off and get into trouble - I really do get much less earache having that setting :lol: it helps when I forget that I'm supposed to be good - which doesn't come naturally czy

and as you say - turn settings are still 100% for getting it in the car but greatly reduced speed etc - it works well for me now
ottobock b400 150Ah lifepo4
Swiss-trac manual chair add on with 30Ah Lifepo4 (want more 15Ah headway cells )
Meyra Optimus (PRIME)2 150Ah lifepo4 :0)
rickystyx

Postby mlaf » 26 Feb 2020, 21:37

Hey Johnbae, do you have access to the latest Sunrise R-net PC programming software ? If so could you PM me the files ?

Thanks alot

Kindly

Marc
mlaf

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair