Permobil F3

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Permobil F3

Postby Marcelo » 20 Jan 2021, 22:32

Could the used Permobil F3 odometer be tampered with?
Could anyone ask this question?
Tuanks.
Marcelo

Re: Permobil F3

Postby Burgerman » 20 Jan 2021, 23:35

If you have a programmer you can zero it at any time. As easily as deleting error messages ftom the log.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Marcelo » 21 Jan 2021, 20:03

Burgerman wrote:If you have a programmer you can zero it at any time. As easily as deleting error messages ftom the log.

What do you think of this F3 friend?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/26-Miles-Red-F ... SwUepf74X~
:)
Marcelo

Postby Burgerman » 21 Jan 2021, 22:32

Looks genuine. As far as you can tell from condition. Budget for batteries though. Says its battery charger has never been used and the display shows its been sat wih a low battery for who nows how long. Personally I wouldnt buy permobil with my own money, or front drive for a bunch of reasons. But you are not me.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jan 2021, 12:13

Can you tamper with the ODOMETER?

Yes very easily!
You just zero it at any time. But you DO need an OEM programmer. So most of the time its genuine if only because not many have access. Beware dealers though... Individuals likely dont know how.

Heres mine, I did most of these 29 miles! It had very few miles approx when I bought it. Suposedly as "used". I ignored that and simply looked closely at it. If its still got the moulding bobbles on the tyres, and no dirt or corrosion, no sign of use, still has screen protector, and it all looks brand new - and not "cleaned up", then its likely genuine. Run away from silicone or other cover ups. If its tyres are original still clean and smell of rubber its new.

Look on the left. PM is Power Module. Timer says total time 9.38 hours. And 8 of those at least was me! So definitely under a days total use.

On your chair, 125 miles will be genuine. Because if they zeroed it they would need to use it for a week to get that 125 miles back on there! And really thats nothing.
Attachments
distance.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Rollin Positive » 23 Jan 2021, 18:44

Low miles are common for used chairs.

Many times people fund them and pass away and they hardly get used.

My bet its true miles

FYI Burgerman has never ridden a Permobil F series chair so his judgement is subjective

As a Permobil end user rolling in a F5 now, a former F3 and prior a M300

Its a very popular brand in the US

Uber comfortable and very dependable.

I would offer $1000 less and work your way up

Also notice the person took great pics and every thing is super neat, clean and laid out very meticulous that's a good sign

message me if you need any help
rollinpositive@gmail.com
Rollin Positive

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jan 2021, 18:57

FYI Burgerman has never ridden a Permobil F series chair so his judgement is subjective

My judgment isnt even subjective. I have no judgment on the F3 or F5 in particular. I simply do not like the layout of/or any front drive chairs for a bunch of reasons whatever the brand. Based on testing many non permobil ones over the last 24 years, and based on basic physics and the stabilty issues that it presents which always remain exactly the same. But my opinion on the electrics and the programming issues of permobils, and reliance on their specific bespoke permobil parts with no alternative source for repairs or programming absolutely rules them out for me, even if rear drive regardless! Sorry but no proper OEM or better programming access and its a total deal breaker. And those are facts.

However your opinion is by definition a personal subjective view!

I am not saying dont buy one, just to be aware of its limitations in programming, and use in the future.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Marcelo » 25 Jan 2021, 19:25

Burgerman wrote:Looks genuine. As far as you can tell from condition. Budget for batteries though. Says its battery charger has never been used and the display shows its been sat wih a low battery for who nows how long. Personally I wouldnt buy permobil with my own money, or front drive for a bunch of reasons. But you are not me.

Thanks.
:thumbup:
Marcelo

Postby Marcelo » 25 Jan 2021, 19:52

Burgerman wrote:Can you tamper with the ODOMETER?

Yes very easily! thank you so much . :thumbup:
You just zero it at any time. But you DO need an OEM programmer. So most of the time its genuine if only because not many have access. Beware dealers though... Individuals likely dont know how.

Heres mine, I did most of these 29 miles! It had very few miles approx when I bought it. Suposedly as "used". I ignored that and simply looked closely at it. If its still got the moulding bobbles on the tyres, and no dirt or corrosion, no sign of use, still has screen protector, and it all looks brand new - and not "cleaned up", then its likely genuine. Run away from silicone or other cover ups. If its tyres are original still clean and smell of rubber its new.

Look on the left. PM is Power Module. Timer says total time 9.38 hours. And 8 of those at least was me! So definitely under a days total use.

On your chair, 125 miles will be genuine. Because if they zeroed it they would need to use it for a week to get that 125 miles back on there! And really thats nothing.
Marcelo

Postby Marcelo » 25 Jan 2021, 19:53

Rollin Positive wrote:Low miles are common for used chairs. thank you so much.

My bet its true miles

Also notice the person took great pics and every thing is super neat, clean and laid out very meticulous that's a good sign

rollinpositive@gmail.com
Marcelo

Postby Marcelo » 25 Jan 2021, 20:30

Burgerman wrote:Looks genuine. As far as you can tell from condition. Budget for batteries though. Says its battery charger has never been used and the display shows its been sat wih a low battery for who nows how long. Personally I wouldnt buy permobil with my own money, or front drive for a bunch of reasons. But you are not me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PERMOBIL-F3-WH ... %3A2334524 And here this friend, what do you think?
Marcelo

Postby Marcelo » 25 Jan 2021, 20:31

Rollin Positive wrote:Low miles are common for used chairs. And here this friend, what do you think?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PERMOBIL-F3-WH ... %3A2334524

My bet its true miles

rollinpositive@gmail.com
Marcelo

Postby swalker » 25 Jan 2021, 21:54

Marcelo wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/PERMOBIL-F3-WH ... %3A2334524 And here this friend, what do you think?

I think that an F3 in good condition should sell for between $3,000 and $4,000 in the United States. Their asking price of $5,000 is more what I would expect to pay for an F5. And, I think the F5 is a much better wheelchair.

I bought a used F5 for $3,500 two years ago. But, that was from a private party and had a custom seat back I had to replace. I would expect to pay more if I bought if from a used wheelchair vendor.

Here is an example of an F3 on craigslist with 51 miles on it that appears to be listed by a private seller. They are asking $2,000. Note that it does not appear to have power seat elevate. https://evansville.craigslist.org/hab/d ... 79071.html

Steve
Permobil F5 Corpus 3G
Permobil C500s VS
Permobil C500 Corpus 3G
Permobil C350 Corpus 3G
Magic Mobility X4 with 176 Ah LiFePO4
swalker

Postby Rye » 25 Jan 2021, 22:23

I personally wouldn't pay more than about $1500 for any chair. If you can wait, watch ebay and save searches so that you get email updates when new chairs are posted. I bought a pristine C300 for $350 (local pickup). The chair had all the available feature including seat lift. I also buy old chairs for parts too. Since going pneumatic, I prefer a front drive for rough terrain, because the larger pneumatics are absorbing the shock better. However, for speed and stability and rear drive is best. For the latter you'd have to find a permobil street or C350 (both are listed on ebay). I've never driven a street but I want one. I've owned 2 c350's, but I choose front drive now for comfort and maneuverability.

All depends on your use. If you can afford it get one of each. I've also reversed a c350 and spun the seat around to make it a C300.

FYI: the frames on the older permobils had weak point where the frame and the attachment rod for the swingarm shock meet. It was addressed on later c300 models. Every frame I had separated. Not sure about the F3's though.
Permobil C350/C300, Quickie P-222, Magic Mobility V6 Off-Road
Rye

Postby Marcelo » 26 Jan 2021, 13:05

swalker wrote:
Marcelo wrote: Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PERMOBIL-F3-WH ... %3A2334524 And here this friend, what do you think?

I think that an F3 in good condition should sell for between $3,000 and $4,000 in the United States. Their asking price of $5,000 is more what I would expect to pay for an F5. And, I think the F5 is a much better wheelchair.

I bought a used F5 for $3,500 two years ago. But, that was from a private party and had a custom seat back I had to replace. I would expect to pay more if I bought if from a used wheelchair vendor.

Here is an example of an F3 on craigslist with 51 miles on it that appears to be listed by a private seller. They are asking $2,000. Note that it does not appear to have power seat elevate. https://evansville.craigslist.org/hab/d ... 79071.html

Steve
Marcelo

Postby Marcelo » 26 Jan 2021, 14:02

Rye wrote:I personally wouldn't pay more than about $1500 for any chair. If you can wait, watch ebay and save searches so that you get email updates when new chairs are posted. I bought a pristine C300 for $350 (local pickup). The chair had all the available feature including seat lift. I also buy old chairs for parts too. Since going pneumatic, I prefer a front drive for rough terrain, because the larger pneumatics are absorbing the shock better. However, for speed and stability and rear drive is best. For the latter you'd have to find a permobil street or C350 (both are listed on ebay). I've never driven a street but I want one. I've owned 2 c350's, but I choose front drive now for comfort and maneuverability.

All depends on your use. If you can afford it get one of each. I've also reversed a c350 and spun the seat around to make it a C300.

FYI: the frames on the older permobils had weak point where the frame and the attachment rod for the swingarm shock meet. It was addressed on later c300 models. Every frame I had separated. Not sure about the F3's though.

Thanks for the tips friend.
Marcelo

Return to Everything Powerchair