POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PINNED - PROGRAMMING - Make it steer! R-Net + others

Postby Wllunn » 28 Nov 2020, 15:35

How do I purchase the bm3?
I’m looking to use it for getting around my yard
Wllunn

Postby Burgerman » 28 Nov 2020, 16:04

You cant. Its one of a number of chairs I built for my own tailored use for myself. As a project, and to suit my needs. It will almost definitely not suit yours. Theres any number of people building modded, or custom chairs on this forum.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Wllunn » 28 Nov 2020, 16:11

Can you tell me how much it cost in parts?
Wllunn

Postby Burgerman » 28 Nov 2020, 16:19

Very little. Maybe 3.5K total. But many hundreds of man hours. And many years of testing, and many years teting/ developing the software or rather the control script for the roboteq controller on this form by lenny who is a member here.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Swan T.W. » 28 Nov 2020, 18:03

Wllunn wrote:How do I purchase the bm3?
I’m looking to use it for getting around my yard

Try contacting Tom KILMORE at tom@thepowerchaircompany.co.uk. or phone. 079 079 456 44 web site www.thepowerchaircompany.co.uk
Swan T.W.

Postby Burgerman » 28 Nov 2020, 18:14

Tom makes a loose clone of the chair. But he uses stock powerchair components. You wont find 45V lithium, 15A 50V roboteq controller, 16mph, etc.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Swan T.W. » 28 Nov 2020, 18:40

Burgerman wrote:Tom makes a loose clone of the chair. But he uses stock powerchair components. You wont find 45V lithium, 15A 50V roboteq controller, 16mph, etc.

00PS. I forgot the BM3 was 45V. Did it get finished? What happened to Kermit [the green one]?
Swan T.W.

Postby Burgerman » 28 Nov 2020, 18:44

Yes it was finished and used for a bit. But it broke a motor from a programming bug and at that time I was stuck on bed with sores and still mostly am...

Green one was finished too. All bar seat/centre footplate. Same problem...

So screwed for the last 4 years mostly. On and off. Mostly on bed. Thats why the Salsa (pressure sore so tilt/recline etc. And also the Q700R same reason.)

Good news is I finally got some motors! And a tilt/lift module. So will be sorting it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Clif » 06 Dec 2020, 06:30

I can't get winhlp32win10.zip to load on my new laptop. I get a small window with a large i and 9009 written in it. Any ideas on how I can get help files?
Clif

Postby Burgerman » 06 Dec 2020, 07:19

Extract the 3 files from the zip.

Right click the install.cmd file and choose run as administrator.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 06 Dec 2020, 07:31

And then it works...
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Clif » 07 Dec 2020, 05:25

winhlp32win10.zip- I extracted , ran as admin but get an error code. (9009). This is on my new laptop. Works fine on my old screwed up WIn 10 laptop. I'll search google.
Clif

Postby Burgerman » 07 Dec 2020, 05:44

You extracted THREE files to a folder.
You ran the dos file, not the other two. I suspect you attempted to run the exe file in error.

You right clicked it, chose run as administrator, and got the error? Its an error code that means file not found. I suspect you didnt extract the 3 files and have run only the cmd batch file.
Or you did, and are trying to run the exe file.

Just tested this on my ex laptop. Worked perfectly. Win10.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scragger7 » 13 Dec 2020, 10:36

Hi, wondering if someone could help in getting / downloading the OEM software ?

cheers
Scragger7

Postby Burgerman » 13 Dec 2020, 14:42

SEE PM
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Davey » 25 Jan 2021, 19:16

Burgerman wrote:Well one of the most popular manufacturers certainly doesent! And this is why DEALER LEVEL programming is useless. Well one of the reasons!

Look at this STOCK programming with WALLS set up here! On my new Sunrise Q700R.
No way to make the damned thing steer with all these wallS set up! I need to set at least 4 of those to 100 in "speeds" to make it steer. And others to higher than it will allow in other settings. And deceleration to less than it allows. DEALER = Useless for this chair.

One before. With all the restrictions.
One showing all the ones now set properly!

Hi Burgerman,

I just got a new powerchair (M3-2021) and need to apply the same changes you made for me a while back to my M3 config to the new M3-2021 config. I can't use the old M3 config since something's changed and I get an error when attempting to download the old OEM config to the new chair. I've read in the new config from the new chair and saved it as OEM. How can I remove the WALLS you talk about in the new config so I can match the settings in the old config? I have a dealer-level dongle and the OEM software. Do I need anything else?

Thanks,
David
Davey

Postby Burgerman » 25 Jan 2021, 22:21

You SHOULD be able to save the OEM file with the dealer PC software.

Modify it in the same way as the one I did for the 3 with OEM software once you have saved that file to your desktop with the OEM software and then reopened it. Then save again after modification to desktop.

You can open 2 instances, as you copy the settings. So that you can clone it manually. Dont mess with seating or motor compensation, only the walls and the drive settings. Then write that back to the chair with the DEALER software and dongle.

You MIGHT need to change the character of the software to permobil from the top menu. CONTROLLER>PERSONALITY to permobil. If it will.

If that doesent work, blame permobil for messing around with firmwares to stop you programming it.

NOTE. Regarding FRONT DRIVE - yes yours is mid. You cannot set the turn accelleration and deceleration parameters (all 4) to 100 with a gyro set to on or it will be terrible to drive. A gyro tends to amplify the turn acceleration settings BY A LOT. I prefer these all set to 100, but with gyro off. Or no gyro on the chair. Then it steers properly. But on a front drive chair you cant do this as it goes unstable and tries to swap ends with no gyro. Its why I dont like front drive or permobil personally.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Davey » 26 Jan 2021, 16:57

I'll give it another shot. I've been able to do all those steps (save OEM file, edit with OEM software, download OEM using dealer dongle/software, etc.), but as I remember, the OEM software still wouldn't let me go outside a particular range like you had set in the older config. Left me try again and report back with more specifics. Thanks!
Davey

Postby Burgerman » 26 Jan 2021, 21:22

Unless you FIX this wall thing, that most chairs have, and then configure the turn accelerations/decelerations to max they drive crap dont they! Once tried, you cannot go back to the way stock chairs steer because its so damned frustrating!

And the fact that a gyro/stability system cannot be used with those high accelerations is the thing that makes me hate front drive chairs as they NEED the damned gyro or they are unusable at speed. They want to swap ends. Yes you will hear people saying otherwise. And that they can control the fishtailing. And its true if you are good and dont derive it like you stole it. But I do. And I dont want the horrid feeling of instability.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 27 Jan 2021, 11:29

Burgerman wrote:You MIGHT need to change the character of the software to permobil from the top menu. CONTROLLER>PERSONALITY to permobil. If it will.

what does this actually do? i have played in the past to try and get assignable buttons on a non surise chair but it didnot do it.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 27 Jan 2021, 11:42

Not sure exactly, but probably stops the firmware errors when writing to those permobils with a sunrise personality. And enable the specific manufacturers custom r-net settings. Such as the advanced seating module label sunrise on the sunrise software. So if you fit an CxSM on a permobil and junk the permobil seating stuff, you would tell it its a sunrise controller. Then the Sunrise setttings in CxSM seating will work.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 27 Jan 2021, 11:44

Burgerman wrote:It enables/removes different menu items that may only be used on say permobil or sunrise chairs.

But only if you have a preset from the chair with these things. For e.g. on the sunrise software there are special sunrise advanced seating settings and some reserver for future use stuff.

yeah it adds sunrise items under ism 8 and cxsm headers but no assignable buttons annoyingly.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 27 Jan 2021, 11:55

After playing with it I edited the above. I need a permobil to test for sure. The GENERIC version has no switches or sunrise seating options. So the CRTL+5 cannot be edited. Or maybe not work... So you need to tell the controller its SUNRISE if its a generic version. Or a permobil version. And then these thins should be available? Need more chairs to test.

I have assignable buttons? I think. Certainly the switch it ones are easy to config. (the CTRL+5 for e.g.)
Not sure about joystick will look later. Although I already junked the HAZARD lights and that button now takes me to programming on a short press. And something else (I forget) on a long press... Did that on the salsa 3 years back.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 27 Jan 2021, 12:38

Burgerman wrote:After playing with it I edited the above. I need a permobil to test for sure. The GENERIC version has no switches or sunrise seating options. So the CRTL+5 cannot be edited. Or maybe not work... So you need to tell the controller its SUNRISE if its a generic version. Or a permobil version. And then these thins should be available? Need more chairs to test.

I have assignable buttons? I think. Certainly the switch it ones are easy to config. (the CTRL+5 for e.g.)
Not sure about joystick will look later. Although I already junked the HAZARD lights and that button now takes me to programming on a short press. And something else (I forget) on a long press... Did that on the salsa 3 years back.

you will have assignable buttons as it is a sunrise chair, suspect it is in the firmware of the power module.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 27 Jan 2021, 14:20

Isnt that what one of the changes when you choose the sunrise controller personality? So that the software then has the same capability as it does with a sunrise chair?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 27 Jan 2021, 14:22

Burgerman wrote:Isnt that what one of the changes when you choose the sunrise controller personality? So that the software then has the same capability as it does with a sunrise chair?

In the past I had hoped so but had another play this morning with a generic based chair. Converted to sunrise and it adds the specific options for seating module but no sign of assignable buttons.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 27 Jan 2021, 16:39

Thats strange.

Does it add the switch-it stuff?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 27 Jan 2021, 17:29

Burgerman wrote:Thats strange.

Does it add the switch-it stuff?

switch it headers were already there but not programmable like yours will be.
rover220

Postby majoraxis » 28 Jan 2021, 09:42

Hi,

I’m new to the site. I wanted to share my experience in purchasing a new R-Net OEM programmer and software from (PM burgerman for info - edited by Burgerman)

I was able to purchase the R-Net OEM programmer dongle, software and USB cable from the above link. I mentioned I heard about them through wheelchairdriver.com and was able to purchase without an issue. It was $450 plus shipping.

The last one that sold on ebay did not have a label on the back of the dongle so I could not confirm whether it was an A for dealer or a B for an OEM so I didn’t bid to win it. It sold for $395. So for less than $100 more than the going rate on ebay, I was able to purchase a new one.

Here are some pictures of the contents of the box in case you wanted to know what you would get or what a legitimate OEM version on ebay should look like.

820FD8CC-7BE2-4773-9D5E-369A0E41DBFA.jpeg

42AA5797-83E4-48DA-8608-212E400BA695.jpeg

3B33E5A9-2533-491F-A182-E64497E4C729.jpeg

Mark

Quickie QM720
Quickie QM710
Pride Jazzy AIR
majoraxis

Postby Davey » 30 Jan 2021, 19:37

OK, I'm checking back in and everything went a lot smoother this time around. There were only two settings (Reverse Deceleration) that I couldn't get to match my old M3 settings (see below) so I'll see what those missing changes cause when I transfer to the new chair. Thanks Burgerman for your help, again.

2021-01-30_13-22-30.png
Davey

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair