Rnet settings from a 636 Chair ?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Rnet settings from a 636 Chair ?

Postby expresso » 05 Feb 2021, 02:49

Would anyone who has a Sunrise 636 chair with 4 pole 6.5 motors - would you be able to send me original settings Rnet system ?

not long ago sunrise motors have been upgraded - some improvements made hardware - i say 8 months ago i believe -

i am curious what the stock Rnet settings are for this motor - - i like to compare them to what mines are stock 8.5 motors - if any differences in software based on different speeds

as we know the PM are preprogrammed for a certain chair motor etc, and they wont mix and match them - so if you get a chair with a 6.5 motor - Sunrise system dosnt allow a Rnet 120A to used -

i am curious if what difference would there be - software wise between the two - about 8 months i believe the motors have been upgraded hardware - bigger fins on the outside - inside not sure - but its been tweaked to get 10% more range - more efficient etc,

if anyone has a recent sunrise 4 pole motors 6.5mph can you share the settings - PM the file or post it here - etc, thanks

BM maybe your new sunrise chair would have the newer motors - ? would you have the stock settings to compare ?
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Re: Rnet settings from a 636 Chair ?

Postby Burgerman » 05 Feb 2021, 03:07

Yes. 45mOhm. Same as AMT and all 4 pole linix motors new and old. And same settings across the board inc the 8mph motors. Although I am uing 50.

so if you get a chair with a 6.5 motor - Sunrise system dosnt allow a Rnet 120A to used -

They do here... Thats what the Q700R 6.2mph/10kph motors are and all have 120A power modules. The 4mph 6kph motors are also 4 pole on the Q700 and just programmed to go slower. Same 120A module.

For what its worth as far as I can tell the 6.5mph and the 6.2mph motors are exactly the same. Its just rounded up/down in marketing to reflect each countries rules. We are metric, so marketed as 10kph. The conversion on that is 6.2mph and a bit. The US advertises the 6.5 as the nearest speed. Instead of 6.2 and a bit... The actual speed depends on a bunch of things. They are the same actual motor though. And both the 6 and 8 have 45mOhms in dfault programming. same as the 13kph/8mph motors. They used to say 8.5 but thats faster than the law allows. So now they say 8... and your linix 8.5 mph motors are - again same motor. And the only differences are in the lablels.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 05 Feb 2021, 05:41

you have to check the RPM on the 8 motor vs 8.5 motors - they have different part numbers i believe -

hard to say what they do there in the UK - its not the same here - so in the UK maybe they program all the PM the same for both motors 6.5 snf 8.5 -

sunrise dosnt - or if they do - its not allowed in the system - when they config. a chair here - the items are punched in a system - if the system rejects it or the item - thats it - it wont be allow to be in your chair -

how old are your motors there - are they recent with in a year ? they should be different than the older ones - if you have both - you can compare the heat fins on the outside of the motors - or even inside - the software could be tweaked to allow it to run more before rolling back - i know it can be done in the software anyway - but what i am saying is - its possiable something is different between the two - at least the software settings may be from factory -

either way - even if they are not different or maybe one setting is - they wont mix and match here - maybe in the UK there - its not as strict and the 120A could be preset to work on the slower motors

i could understand if it was the other way around - lets say using the 8.5 motors on the lower end PM90A - that may not work out as well

but i dont see any reason for the slower motors not to work on the 120A - BUT - maybe there is something settings different between the two - unless you can compare both stock settings - it could be -

can you share your stock from the factory settings on 6.5 motors 4 pole ? before you changed anything :D

i like to compare them to mines - older motors and new ones when i get the chair - both would be 8.5 -

MWD FWD call for the 8 motors - RWD get the 8.5 - could be same motors - just one slowed down in settings also -

i have to check a qm720 - a friend has one - i be curious - just to check stock settings - i know here in the US - they have been updated - upgraded - hardware wise - and maybe software tweaked to work with the hardware changes to get a more robust efficient motors -

Since Sunrise dosnt allow getting Rnet 120A with a 6.5 motor - must be a reason - i dont see any reason why - other than the software may be different between the two and are tweaked for each set different -

what would happen if you had the 90A which was updated also i hear to work better with the 6.5 motors -

what would happen if you used a 90A with the 8.5 motors - ? burn it out sooner at worst - but it would work and maybe fine also

if you have stock settings from a 6.5 motor 4 pole - can i see them ?
expresso

Postby expresso » 05 Feb 2021, 05:48

also on stock settings here with Rnet - its set at 30 mOhms - so thats different right there -

chair is fine at those settings - now on the other hand the Pilot plus 4 pole 8.5 larger motors they dont make any more - those were at 45 mOhms - or even 50 mOhms stock - the chair was always a bit jerky too much at times -

i didnt know then what i do now - since then i lowered it down to 40 i believe and its better - - being its an indoor chair also - no need to max it out - either way

but forget the other motors - just the new linx sunrise motors - take a pic of the label on the side also - i compare it to mines

RPM etc,
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 05 Feb 2021, 06:06

30 is wrong. Even if thats how it came.

For those 6 and 8mph linix motors, and the AMT motors the correct figure is 45. So 40 is too low slighly to let motor load compensation work adequately. If the chair is too jumpy for you at small stick movments you should instead reduce the torque figure to a lower value, even zero if needed, instead. All that torque seems to do is to add some extra power or/and compensation at very small stick movements. It makes the chair jumpy... But it makes it move when told. Reducing compensation reduces the jumpyness too. But it also prevents the motor compensation working properly as speed increases.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 05 Feb 2021, 17:18

dont confuse the two chairs - the jerky feeling was with the pilot plus chair - that had different motors - those large ones

that one i reduced the number - the torque was already low -

back to linx motors today - the torque is low number there also and its at 30 motor comp. - thats from factory - feels fine to me

i have tried using it 35 and 40 - dont recall what the difference was if any to me - so i went back to 30 and left it -

what does your stock settings show ? from the factory - not modified in any way - to compare ?
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 05 Feb 2021, 18:01

Q700R factory 45mOhm 6.2mph 4 pole linix.
Q700R factoty 45mOhm 8mph 4 pole linix.
Salsa factory 45mhm 4 pole linix.
Jive factory 45mOhm 4 pole linix.
Those are rnet.

Older "big motors" AMT, 6 and 8 mph on earlier sunrise chairs also 45mOhm.
Pilot plus
Never saw any 4 pole that wasnt 45mOhm on a sunrise chair with AMT or Linix at any speed.

Pilot plus. Same thing. It should be 45mOhms. Thats a physical motor thing. It doesent change when you use a different controller.

And a setting of 30mOhms is about right for a 4x4 chair with 4 motors, and for a scooter with a much bigger single motor. So it doesent matter if thats how it came. Its still wrong! At 30 it will barely be doing its job at all. The correct setting for 4 pole linix motors, all speeds, is 45mOhm. And AMT.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair