Help With The Dynamix Programmer Advise needed

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Help With The Dynamix Programmer Advise needed

Postby Bob Hepple » 26 Feb 2021, 19:16

Its been some months since I got some help From Woody, I have been looking at using the programmer but need some more advise first,, I have 5 second hand ETAC/Balder chairs all second hand from very neat to VERY badly treated the latter chairs not working at moment but the two chairs I use regularly 1 everyday inside and out and the other When I go out shopping (which aint any time soon) anyway the shopping chair behaves very different from my everyday chair which is smooth to turn ect. my going out chair is jurky especially at small movements, I thought when I downloaded the profiles from the DX G90 controller I would spot what's going on by comparing the good chair with the bad I looked under driver Profiles ie forward acceleration ect but both profiles are the same ....... where would you think the difference might be I have compared them both but cant spot the difference,, any help advise greatly appreciated
Bob Hepple

Re: Help With The Dynamix Programmer Advise needed

Postby LROBBINS » 26 Feb 2021, 20:01

My first guess would be the motor compensation settings (or, motor resistance, I don't recall what Dynamic calls it). If the 2 chairs have different motors, they may need different compensation settings - lowered a little bit at a time, e.g. by 5 milliohm, if it's jerky, raise by a bit at a time (be cautious in this direction) if sluggish. If the chairs are DX2 (rather than DX) there's also a procedure in the Dynamic manual for using the controller to estimate the motor resistance as a starting point. Dynamic manuals can all be downloaded from their web site. One of Rachi's chairs has MicroMotor in-line motors as does the Balder and they need a pretty typical 4-pole motor resistance setting - on the order of 55 - 60 milliohm.
LROBBINS

Postby rover220 » 26 Feb 2021, 20:05

Speed and turn demand scalar worth looking at.
rover220

Postby Bob Hepple » 26 Feb 2021, 20:22

Ill check tomorrow what size motors they are and will dig out the settings in the profile,, thanks for your help,,, I think I will be Back
Bob Hepple

Postby Bob Hepple » 26 Feb 2021, 20:42

Just Remembered when I got the chair I go out in I had an engineer programme the lights on/off and he copied my good chair I wonder if the the motors are different and he didn't realise I just checked on one of the chairs im getting ready and the motor compensation figure for that chair is 143 mOhm as apposed to my every day chair of 199 so possibly the 143 should be the correct figure for the chair I use out,, depending on the motor size obviously which I will check. dont see the Speed Demand scale ??
Bob Hepple

Postby LROBBINS » 26 Feb 2021, 22:23

It's not a question of motor size, but of motor + wiring resistance. The controller uses measured current and this resistance value to calculate the load on the motor and adds or subtracts power to keep speed nearly constant as mechanical load changes.
LROBBINS

Return to Everything Powerchair