Has anyone ever looked at on of these?

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Has anyone ever looked at on of these?

Postby Sully » 03 Mar 2016, 20:50

http://www.karmamedical.com/goods_view.php?no=159

It I I assume a Chinese company. But the chair does look like it is worth looking at. The bells and whistles for the most part are not "me" but they must be good for someone.
Sully

Re: Has anyone ever looked at on of these?

Postby snaker » 04 Mar 2016, 02:13

It's Taiwanese. Taiwanese goods have the same quality as Korea, Japan. They are generally much better and also much more expensive than Chinese.

I am looking for a new powerchair. I have only choices of 'true' Chinese powerchairs because I cannot afford anyone from EU/US/Taiwan. I found the one below, the saleman gave me a very reasonable price. If shipping is Ok, maybe I will pick it up.
http://en.enjoycare.com/?action-viewnews-itemid-149
snaker

Postby ex-Gooserider » 07 Mar 2016, 05:13

I don't know if it is the same company, but I once saw a 'Karman' brand standing chair which (according to reviews) used a single, plastic gear train, Linak actuator that tended to fail (typical for Linak) and be expensive to replace...

This one looks like it might be great for BM, given the claimed 45km/hr speed..... :P Otherwise I don't see anything all that terribly exciting or repulsive compared to the typical industry chairs...

Based ONLY on the pictures and what I could see in the description, the Chinese EP68 that Snaker pointed at actually looks more interesting, in that it looks sort of like an F-55 copy, with a frame that runs above the rear wheels, potentially making it a good candidate for a BM-X conversion... It also has the large front casters that are good for outdoors. Only downside looks like it has weedy batteries.

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Sully » 07 Mar 2016, 18:16

The spec sheet makes a claim that it can be/is produced with Group 24/74 AH batteries, so space enough for a good sized LiFePO4 battery assembly. However, this is a propaganda sheet, and nothing beats having your hands on one. That's why I asked. Hopefully someone has had hands on experience. No one I know of can just run out a buy one to speculate on some sort of conversion. I was hoping it would be user friendly as is. Even if it had to be used as a 24 vdc provided the controller is adequate to get maximum performance from it. (I'm not a speed demon) I do like distance though as well as off the hard road capability.
Sully

Postby intransient1 » 17 Mar 2016, 18:08

I use a karma wheelchair and compared with the pride one I had before the karma is great.
splits into 3 parts for loading into the car heaviest part of mine is 25 kg whereas the pride was 41 kg.
turns in its own length perfectly and responds quickly.
best chair I have had.
intransient1

Postby Burgerman » 17 Mar 2016, 18:43

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Sully » 21 Mar 2016, 16:06

This one the Leon model http://www.karmamedical.com/goods_view.php?no=159

Rear wheel drive, a selection of batteries, Quite high speed, and movable horizontal center of gravity apparently. However it still has hard tires as shown, air filled possibilities ???? Perhaps a bit wider tires ????. A variety of seating arrangements for this model as well. That's why I asked the question, has anyone tried one or have one??? Pro's and con's -- unprejudiced opinions.
Sully

Return to Powerchair Reviews