Videos - Rides

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Videos - Rides

Postby expresso » 28 May 2016, 03:09

I mounted my old panasonic camera to video my ride today - this is just one part of the video - its not that great - and i sound horrible now that i hear myself on audio :) its me and Quickee2 - we went around the west side - along the water
freedom tower about 16 mins in the video - i titled back to get a better shot - i think i may get a new camera to see if they are any better than this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWjdGcmvbbk

i want to get a better camera and video more rides to post back here -

anyone who records there rides - post them back here for use to see -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Re: Videos - Rides

Postby expresso » 28 May 2016, 03:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Yg-O8 ... e=youtu.be

another part - nothing special - was testing this camera - dosnt look too good the video - - panasonic DMC SZ1 - digital - i got this years ago - but who needs one now with the Cell phones etc, - then i remember it does video so i mounted it on the chair - figure why not - better than nothing -

i want better video - will try one of those Go Pro copies they have - theres a ton of cameras now all look the same - copy the Go Pro - for under $100 - i will give one a try and see how much better it is -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 28 May 2016, 09:07

Read a lot of reviews first. Some clones some original alternatives. Some great, some bad...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 28 May 2016, 09:08

Id get an actual gopro... I did in fact.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 28 May 2016, 09:40

expresso, the video in post #1 seems being marked private. The video #2 looks good, I see its quality is really good.

It's nice to see New York city in real world. Something is different from what I imagined.

I have to say that your (you and the girl) driving skills are very impressive. How can you drive fast in very narrow spaces :o To reach your level, maybe I have to practice driving in very very long time :D

Hope to see your next video ... soon.
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 28 May 2016, 10:13

Vid 2. Would drive me mental. Nowhere to get moving. Everywhere people in the way, scaffold, traffic, etc. I would take to the road and go fast...

When out I seldom go anything but full speed.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 28 May 2016, 10:51

The first video is marked private, so can't watch that one. The second video of you and Quickiee2 is great expresso! :D You drive how I do, always try and overtake the people walking :mrgreen: :P Seeing New York reminds me of London, loads of people and very busy!

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Irving » 28 May 2016, 12:31

Depends which bit of London! When I went to NY the centre, Times Sq/Broadway and a few blocks around and towards the quays on the west side e.g west 41st - west 57th on 9th to 11th, were much like the earlier part of that video - just one big construction site and just impassable in places. Once you got to the nicer bits up by central park on the east side - on Park or Madison -,, the sidewalks (pavements in UK) were cleaner, wider and mostly clear of obstacles/potholes and had good drop curbs. More like my bit of NW London.
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby expresso » 28 May 2016, 15:18

Burgerman wrote:Id get an actual gopro... I did in fact.

yeah i was debating on what to get etc, - i just ordered this one - http://smile.amazon.com/Canany-waterpro ... ge_o00_s01

getting tired of reading reviews - i waste the whole summer reading them and still be undecided - i ordered this one yesterday - if it works out fine - great - if not - then go pro next - i hope the mount i have on my chair works with one of extra parts i get with this camera - or else i have to figure that out first - then battery life not long on any of these - this one comes with two batteries - thats great - but i have to stop - take it apart remove and replace - well see how much work that takes outside - i have a little charger - for the cell phone etc, - i may carry that to charge the first one i take out while 2nd is being used - - and will try to be more selective on what i video -

i am just playing around - but i like to get some decent video out of it - i am hoping the new camera would be better at 1080P -
expresso

Postby expresso » 28 May 2016, 15:20

snaker wrote:expresso, the video in post #1 seems being marked private. The video #2 looks good, I see its quality is really good.

It's nice to see New York city in real world. Something is different from what I imagined.

I have to say that your (you and the girl) driving skills are very impressive. How can you drive fast in very narrow spaces :o To reach your level, maybe I have to practice driving in very very long time :D

Hope to see your next video ... soon.

its a madhouse here in the city - construction everywhere - since i moved here over 15 years ago - it never stopped - and will never end - yet always complaining - theres no space to build etc, - but they are always building :D
expresso

Postby expresso » 28 May 2016, 15:26

Burgerman wrote:Vid 2. Would drive me mental. Nowhere to get moving. Everywhere people in the way, scaffold, traffic, etc. I would take to the road and go fast...

When out I seldom go anything but full speed.

you think thats bad haha - some sections are so bad with so many people - i avoid them - the streets are even worse - they are redoing that AVE. repaving - so the street is all ripped apart - people - bikes - idiots - broken streets - sidewalks just as bad -

our chairs take a beaten here in the city - i try to ride on the outside of the city - either all the way on the West side or the East - near the water - but i still have to cut across to get over - i am on the east side right near the water

theres also fleet week this week - Navy Ships on display - Police - Gunners on the coast guard ships all around - Military -
expresso

Postby expresso » 28 May 2016, 15:31

Irving wrote:Depends which bit of London! When I went to NY the centre, Times Sq/Broadway and a few blocks around and towards the quays on the west side e.g west 41st - west 57th on 9th to 11th, were much like the earlier part of that video - just one big construction site and just impassable in places. Once you got to the nicer bits up by central park on the east side - on Park or Madison -,, the sidewalks (pavements in UK) were cleaner, wider and mostly clear of obstacles/potholes and had good drop curbs. More like my bit of NW London.

Yes if you go up Park Ave. - etc, up higher numbers - its different - much better - still ALOT of people and curb cuts are not great - some are very good - i go back and forth in the street and sidewalk depending - i go against the traffic -
i need to see in front of me whats going on - not worry about behind me -

i try to avoid timesquare - - only if i want to go see a show or something which i havnt done in a few years - i am not far from where you went - 29 street east side
expresso

Postby expresso » 28 May 2016, 15:36

steves1977uk wrote:The first video is marked private, so can't watch that one. The second video of you and Quickiee2 is great expresso! :D You drive how I do, always try and overtake the people walking :mrgreen: :P Seeing New York reminds me of London, loads of people and very busy!

Steve

She got her chair back as you can see - just a changed joystick is all they did - well see how long that lasts - you have to drive this way or else you be stuck in the crowd and get no where - think Yellow Cab driving skills - if you dont drive crazy a little - or at least the walking think we do - they dont move out of the way - everyone is looking up or down or texting - or just standing in the curb cut like zombies - and wonder why your in front of them - :D

i will try to get some action also - everyone is barely dressed around here now - and my camera is at ASS level - haha - the first video - i have to check it again - first time i used utube for this - and i think there is some things said in that first video that didnt want heard - i didnt know how to remove the audio - etc, -

i do that ride alot so i will take move videos for sure - and try to get better views of the Freedom tower -
expresso

Postby expresso » 28 May 2016, 15:49

Ok i made the First video Public - so check it out if you want - i may put it back to private later tonight or remove it - have to figure out how to later nothing there much different - just a section for a moment on the audio - have to remember its being recorded :)
expresso

Postby popschief » 28 May 2016, 16:18

Great job xman, loved it. Will watch again. We all should do one. Mine would be boring in comparison, fixing wheelchair flat tires or out back chopping weeds. Mabey I'll do the 1 mile ride into town, 2 or three people and 8 or 10 cars. Thanks so much for a view of all the madness/zombies. Sh - t, 48 bucks for a movie.

bp
popschief

Postby expresso » 28 May 2016, 16:52

popschief wrote:Great job xman, loved it. Will watch again. We all should do one. Mine would be boring in comparison, fixing wheelchair flat tires or out back chopping weeds. Mabey I'll do the 1 mile ride into town, 2 or three people and 8 or 10 cars. Thanks so much for a view of all the madness/zombies. Sh - t, 48 bucks for a movie.

bp

Hi - thanks - glad you liked them - i never though of sharing the rides i take - didnt think it was anything special - but i guess its different for anyone else - i have a few more from last year - i just saved them on my computer -
but will see how the new camera works out - if its a clearer picture etc, - i may wait and post the videos with that one - till then - i use what i have -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 28 May 2016, 17:45

Doesent much matter what cam you use. Utube compresses them and makes even good quality look crap.

But I have to do the same of file size is huge. This is 1080 from an old used ebay gopro 3. 60FPS. But shrunk (recompressed) to meke it smaller file. Still 500mb!

Download to desktop, and play full screen rather than trying to get it to play online. The original is better than this, but not by much. This is what you expect from 1080 and at 60fps.

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/shapes-1080.mp4
FULL screen.

720 compare
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/s ... uality.mp4

Both are 60fps.

If you cant see a huge difference in detail you need a better monitor!!!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 28 May 2016, 22:49

No difference i see - haha -

tell me which model gopro is that one ? 1080P

i will give the one i just purchased a shot and see how that works out - if i am not happy - then i look at go pro - so many different models -

i was looking at the small one - simple go pro - - below the 3 - i think - just a small black box - but the battery dosnt remove - so i cant get extra and carry to change them as they run out - which i do now -

but i may be able to attach a battery charger and leave it connected - which should keep it charged for many more hours - if that works -

then theres the next level up at 299 i think - or 399 - then the top at 499 - i am hoping my $58 dollar model will be just fine :)

i like to have flexibility - be able to change batteries - etc, - so i am not limited to just 1.5 hours of video -
if i can keep a charger connected to it and make it last 4 or 5 hours - then thats good for me - and its the least expensive at 199 i think -

then its the mounts i have to figure out what i can use on my chair - the one i just ordered has a ton of them - i have to make one of them work -

the videos i posted are from a digital panasonic camera - maybe 4 years old or more - and the video at best 720 - i figure why not use it and got a mount for my chair - extra batteries and that was it - better than just sitting in the draw - but now i feel i want better quality of the videos -

curious to see what this camera i just got does - how much better - may not need a go pro - some say its better then there go pro hero 3 - who knows - i dont trust reviews anymore -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 29 May 2016, 00:04

I have 2 gopro cams.

Gopro 2 does 720p and 60fps, and 1080p but only 30fps. If theres movement like the planes or quadcopter then 60 is massively smoother.

Gopro 3 black does 1080p in 30 and 60fps. So better where theres movement. Also slightly less distortion and sharper lens.

If you couldnt tell the difference between those two vids (720, 1080, and both 60fps and gopro3) then it doesent matter much what camera you get!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 29 May 2016, 00:46

was kidding - i can see the difference - i read very bad reviews for that model - - the 3 -

maybe new ones are better - will see -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 29 May 2016, 10:06

Seems pretty good to me. Even at night. Whats bad about it?

Esp cheap/used ebay as mine is. Bargain.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/video-ca ... ion-review
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 29 May 2016, 15:31

ok thats the Black edition - the reviews i think were for the Silver - too many models - confusing whats what - silver black - + etc, - Amazon reviews - they had a glitch with the firmware updates at one time and messed all the units up - people werent happy -

then the plus came out to fix the issues - well see - i am getting mines today - after i figure out how to use it and mount it - but its not a night time camera - used your lucky - i have no luck with used stuff - with my luck - just buying someone else broken stuff -
expresso

Postby expresso » 29 May 2016, 17:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfzuWy9fDSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZf3zJ2QG7I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtDZuBqKdHo

A few more videos from yesterday --

heading out in a few - my new camera didnt arrive yet - expect it by this evening - heading out to Central Park today - with the holiday weekend - the city is deserted - less street traffic - fine with me
expresso

Postby nandol » 29 May 2016, 21:52

olá John & fellas,I need a rearview camera placed in back of chair to see the cars at Street and also a small display to put on top of the pod, any ideas ? obg
nandol

Postby Burgerman » 30 May 2016, 01:42

Any of the ready to fit car or 24v truck rear veiw cameras/screens,
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ICEUK » 30 May 2016, 08:38

This guy reviews lots of small cameras ,https://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan/videos i dont go much on the go pro way over priced.
ICEUK

Postby Burgerman » 30 May 2016, 09:57

More, expensively reasuring! But cheap enough used. My gopro 2 and 3 were used, ebay, cheap and looked as good as new. Not so much now though! Dropping from 1k feet a few times soon makes them look more worn in!

Also if you want small, check out the mobius cams. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmIyD1fM4M
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby nandol » 30 May 2016, 10:53

obg fellas,will take a look tonite after beach
nandol

Postby expresso » 30 May 2016, 15:49

i just picked one up for very cheap - its a copy of course of the Go Pro - had tons of attachments and i found one that will work on my current mount i have for the camera i was using - so thats great - and also i have the charge plug exposed so i can keep my small charger connected to the camera to keep the battery charged hopefully for the whole day - thats the idea - but well see if it works - wont have to change the battery after a hour as they say it lasts at 1080P -

i am not sure about the batteries that came with the camera since i am still charging the one in there - seems to be taking a very long time - the extra one i would guess is dead also - and i cant charge it unless its in the camera :) they want you - force you to buy a charger outside the camera with extra batteries - i will do once i test it and like the picture - i didnt realize it when i got it - its a 1080P at 30 fps - not 60 = will see how that works - i have to believe its got to be better than my current camera at 720p - which is a few years old -

this isnt mission critical either - just record the rides - but would be nice to get a more clearer detailed video out of it - 32gig card should hold enough video for one days ride - if its not raining by the time i am ready to go out - i hope to get a video up and post it here tonight -

cost wise - cant beat it $48 dollars - or $58 with Wifi - now well see if it really works - and hopefully it lasts if it does -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 30 May 2016, 15:54

i will do once i test it and like the picture - i didnt realize it when i got it - its a 1080P at 30 fps - not 60 = will see how that works - i have to believe its got to be better than my current camera at 720p - which is a few years old -

Will be jerky and move in steps as you move the camera. My old gopro2 does 1080 30fps. For movement its smoother at 720/60fps.

Non of this matters on utube as that ruins everything equally well!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Next

Return to Everything Powerchair