Videos - Rides

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Videos - Rides

Postby expresso » 30 May 2016, 17:13

well i hope not worse than it replaced - well see soon - i hope for one its better than my digital camera for video - and two - i hope my battery charger external keeps the battery charged in the camera so it can last for many hours with out having to change it -

thats one thing i hate to do also - stop take it apart - replace battery etc, and start again - that means i have to have at least 4 or 5 fully charged batteries with me if i want to record the whole day - since it says it will hold about 70 mins at 1080p - which i bet it wont -

having the external charger connected to it - in theory should keep it charged for the whole days use - that would be great - and if the video shows good - then its a keeper - the video has to be decent - meaning much better than m digital camera video -

youtube - i cant help that - but it has to be nice on the computer with out Youtube compression - if you use Youtube - remember to change it to HD on the video - still not great but it helps
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 30 May 2016, 19:32

I dont need ad soaked utube. I have this webspace here.

But if quality doesent worry you this is unlimited and can do anything you need for 2.70 a month.

https://www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk/web-hosting

If you dont bother with a website, just think of it as a massive hard disk on the interweb.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Sully » 30 May 2016, 20:14

Expresso;
Since you are all into the technology thing, why not get yourself a bike to bike communication system? When you go cruising with your lady friend you could keep in touch pretty much all the time. :idea: OR do you suspect radio interference there in the City? :roll: What kind of distances are you averaging on these cruises? I myself like to see NYC in these videos, but I am also very happy you have to do the maneuvering and not me. :lol: Another BTW if I left my wife in the dust like you did, it would be the last time she would ever go anywhere with me. :oops: Just a gentle hint, they (women) hate such stuff. :twisted:

Nandol there are lots of rear view cctv on the market for cars and they are quite small, can make run off your battery system

Sully

Postby Burgerman » 30 May 2016, 20:30

Just a gentle hint, they (women) hate such stuff.

They can hate lots of things. But they will never tell you because its a secret. And if you dont guess they can explode. Because mind reading is compulsory. And they can like the same things 2 hours later or the previous day. Wear a safety helmet.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Sully » 30 May 2016, 20:59

Now of course the mind reading thing is a special skill it took 77 years to develop after many failures. I barely have an ass to use to sit on, it has been chewed off so many times.

Attachments
!cid_part13_07000007_02010608@bellsouth.jpg
Sully

Postby expresso » 31 May 2016, 04:22

Sully wrote: Expresso;
Since you are all into the technology thing, why not get yourself a bike to bike communication system? When you go cruising with your lady friend you could keep in touch pretty much all the time. :idea: OR do you suspect radio interference there in the City? :roll: What kind of distances are you averaging on these cruises? I myself like to see NYC in these videos, but I am also very happy you have to do the maneuvering and not me. :lol: Another BTW if I left my wife in the dust like you did, it would be the last time she would ever go anywhere with me. :oops: Just a gentle hint, they (women) hate such stuff. :twisted:

Nandol there are lots of rear view cctv on the market for cars and they are quite small, can make run off your battery system

Hi - glad you like the videos - i feel like its nothing special i am taking but from another point of view - i guess its nice to see if your not from NYC - i dont have patience - reason i like to go fast all the time :) Quickiee dosnt ride with me all the time - shes busy with her Miss Wheelchair NY Crown - for 2016 - http://www.mswheelchairnewyork.com/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/Ms-Wheelchair- ... 603642937/

thats her - but when shes free - we ride here and there places - shes really one of the few that can control her chair and keep the pace - movement all in order -

most of the times i am riding solo - now even more so i think with the lithium - but i have to say her chair with the GB motors - they do a great job in terms of battery range - i think her chair with LEAD can keep up with my ADD ON chair - in terms of range now - before i did the ADD ON - she had me beat with range - my chair was out of gas long before she even lost bars -
expresso

Postby expresso » 31 May 2016, 05:25

@ Sully - the distances i avg. is anywhere between 8 miles and i got up to 22 miles on one trip - i did it a few times - testing out my lithium ADD ON - thats the most i did on one trip with no recharging - i was actually tired at the end of that one - i was excited to get that far - i may not do it much with the ADD ON Chair - but my other chair with the full pack - i have yet to test on really long rides - i think i did one 20 mile with that one - and one 10 mile - thats it so far

i am just uploaded another video on youtube - but like BM said - Youtube does lower my video ALOT - - i used the new camera i just got - it was a cloudy day today really - the picture is alot of better than my digital camera i was using - so this camera may be a keeper - for the cost i am surprised how it works - with alot of extras - 1080P 30 Fps - - the video on my computer is good - but on youtube it sucks - they dropped it down to 360P video - looks bad -

the first few vidoes i put on Youtube were better - you can adjust to 720p - but its still not really good but better than 360p -

reason i take long trips alone - first no one else can keep up with the range now - either they dont want to ride that much - or cant because of LEAD - combination of both - - so at times i may have to take the bus one way up the city and then ride from there further out and about and back - saves a good 5 miles at least to get a head start - i rather ride instead of taking the bus -

but comes in handy sometimes to just sit and use the bus for one way at least - i will do the GWB for sure - with the full pack chair - thats over 25 miles round trip easy - havnt decided yet if i will take the bus one way there first - if i am alone i can try the whole trip riding - want to get a video of that one for sure -- will try to do more videos of the bridges i go over - brooklyn is a good one - crowded - very active up there - i didnt even know it was that active -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 31 May 2016, 09:47

Use the addon with the 105Ah lithium chair. 140 Lithium Ah should get you a fair distance!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 31 May 2016, 15:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FYjUt5 ... cR3C3D-itq

this is with the new camera i just got - its much better watching it on the computer - Youtube brings it down alot - i am still learning the camera - i cant figure out how to start the video and just let it run the whole time period - for some reason it stops recording after some time - at the end of this video - i wasnt home yet - still had a good hour left or riding - past the south street seaport - under the bridges etc, but the video stopped here for some reason -

battery is fine because i had the external battery pack connected to the camera which kept the battery fully charged the whole time - that works good - i dont have to change batteries during my trip - its much sharper than my digital camera videos thats for sure - not sure how much better it can be - for the price -
expresso

Postby expresso » 31 May 2016, 15:24

Burgerman wrote:Use the addon with the 105Ah lithium chair. 140 Lithium Ah should get you a fair distance!

i will start using the full pack soon - and see how i feel about that alone - i should be able to do at least 25 to 30 miles and have enough left over - i want to test it that way so i have a ball park figure -
expresso

Postby robnnorthaustin » 31 May 2016, 16:09

Video 1 is still marked Private?
robnnorthaustin

Postby robnnorthaustin » 31 May 2016, 16:38

I really enjoyed the videos you shared.
robnnorthaustin

Postby expresso » 31 May 2016, 17:17

robnnorthaustin wrote:Video 1 is still marked Private?

hi yes - i put it back to private - i had it off for a day - the reason is my friend she is in the video and didnt want to be heard etc, - its nothing bad she said just didnt want it heard so i put it private - dont worry i will be doing that ride often around the city by the water - and using my new camera which i think does a much better job on video - still learning it - it dosnt seem to be very good in dark areas - its not a night time camera - no flash etc, -

for the cost - it does a very nice job - but i need to try it out more since i just got it - need to figure out how to keep it recording video with any input from me once i start it -

i will take it off private for today again - watch it - download it etc, - if you like - and then i will mark it private again - when you watch them there - see if you can adjust the resolution to the highest it allows - it does say 1080p or 720 p etc but its still very compressed not as sharp as the original -
expresso

Postby expresso » 31 May 2016, 17:20

ok its public now - you can see it - will mark private later tonight -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 31 May 2016, 18:48

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 31 May 2016, 19:46

This,is why you need torque and control.

More importantly why only 4 inches of ground clearance + 10 inch casters and a light front loading via a rearward cg position works outdoors. Combined with the really low caster tyre pressures that this setup allows.

It means that they deform over ridges and curbs and give a smooth easy ride all of the time.

Try this with a mid drive chair and their stupid little casters... Or 2.5 inch ground clearance.
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/10.wmv
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Sully » 31 May 2016, 20:23

It does take a lot of courage to travel those distances alone and without some sort of backup. If something goes wrong you're F----d . I have been to NYC several times but just not in the areas you travel, and of course years and years ago. If you're going to cruise it's really good to record your travels, I doubt I am the only one who has watched and appreciated your video's. Thanks !

Sully

Postby Burgerman » 31 May 2016, 21:56

It does take a lot of courage to travel those distances alone and without some sort of backup. If something goes wrong you're F----d

To be fair its not the distance but the place, or rather lack of people. I have been stuck (failed chair) hidden in a small room in my own garden. Only my intelligent carer thought to check around the rear of my garden/garage when my phone rang inside my house on my bed when she called it... Or I would have died of exposure before being found.

Or even in this dog walk! 2 miles from home. http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/10.wmv
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 31 May 2016, 23:47

Sully wrote: It does take a lot of courage to travel those distances alone and without some sort of backup. If something goes wrong you're F----d . I have been to NYC several times but just not in the areas you travel, and of course years and years ago. If you're going to cruise it's really good to record your travels, I doubt I am the only one who has watched and appreciated your video's. Thanks !

yes your right 100% - but what can i do - if i want to ride and explore - i just have to do it - i am usually alone now - and today was a nice ride to a different park i found last year by riding alot more than i used to and found this park - now i go there often - but its not really crowed - and to be honest - alot of people dont even care to want to help i found out

i feel good that my chair will hold up - it always had - never had issues - the only thing is battery life - which is why i went to lithium now - and turns out today did a nice ride in that park - thinking in was running on my lithium ADD ON and never was - i was running off my lead the whole time - not even sure if they were even charged to begin with - good thing i decided to investigate this and found the issue -

i recorded it today also - but now have to check it and see if it really did record it - i am still trying to figure out how to make the camera record video with out stopping -
expresso

Postby expresso » 01 Jun 2016, 00:05

Burgerman wrote:
It does take a lot of courage to travel those distances alone and without some sort of backup. If something goes wrong you're F----d

To be fair its not the distance but the place, or rather lack of people. I have been stuck (failed chair) hidden in a small room in my own garden. Only my intelligent carer thought to check around the rear of my garden/garage when my phone rang inside my house on my bed when she called it... Or I would have died of exposure before being found.

Or even in this dog walk! 2 miles from home. http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/10.wmv

yes thats true - and i travel thru some not so great sections also - i have to cut across like it or not - but to be honest - never felt worried - keep it simple do your thing and move on - always day time - i wouldnt go to Malcome X blvd. at night :) -

you have to use your good judgement - but even that - anything can go wrong - in the park i was today - i was deserted it seemed - people around but far and in between -

last summer before i went lithium - i was dead and got stuck - going up a hill - on my way home from a ride - Quickiee2 was with me - she helped me push up the hill - now i was in a very rich area - - and i tried at 3 locations - buildings there - asked the doorman if i can just plug in my charger in the lobby - - i had my 20 amp charger with me then - i needed a hour thats it - or even 30 mins - just to make it home - and each one i asked said no i couldnt -

now mind you - i am clean dressed and appearance etc, - not like a bum off the street you know - educated some and in a wheelchair with a friend in a wheelchair - female and little dog - etc, - they dont care - i was disgusted - how can you deny someone in a wheelchair - i wasnt asking for money - or looked like a bum etc,

i bet you if i were in the not so great area - the people there in the stores etc, would have been no problem what so ever - sure come in plug charge etc, - thats the difference between Real avg. everyday people - humans - and those super rich areas -

you be better off getting stuck in harlem - but day time only :mrgreen: i never expected that - i pass by those rich areas all the time - they see me all the time and i never would have though they wouldnt have let me charge -

3 places !!! - not just one building - i tried 3 and then just gave up and made it home after having to stop a few more times - at curb cuts it died - a few more times - had to wait and get going again - this was with the AGM cheap batteries they gave me that one time -

which was the last straw - and made me do this lithium ADD on for that chair and full pack for my newer chair -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 01 Jun 2016, 01:23

Lack of reliability sucks. So I build and test everything myself.

Lead sucks. So I no longer buy lead... No matter what.

Chargers that need a wall suck. As you found out.

If you get a 2nd lightweight PL8 in a bag, or carried your existing one, it will charge lead OR lithium FAST. Not just 8A but about 4x faster from any taxi you call or from a freinds car... Way better! And lighter.

You just need 2 leads making up.
1) Some battery clamps to plug in the charger supply wire to a cars battery. Or Anderson to charge from another chair? Or make one of each...
2) A charge cable from charger to chair with 3 ends...
a. XLR
b. Anderson.
c. XT60 or 90 as you are using.

That will charge any chair. At 12A through stock charge point, or more through the others. Set to 3.4v and you dont even need a balance wire connection for one charge.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 01 Jun 2016, 01:35

sounds great - but reason for going lithium is not to carry a charger at all - thats first thing -

next - no friends here in nyc - and or any who have cars here - that leaves good old Taxi cab - hahaha - good luck with that one
you want a taxi cab to stop and make me charge from them - time is money - they would charge 40 dollars if they even do it at all -

then cabs are mostly in the crowded areas - everything is simple - try that in real life here in NYC - :mrgreen:
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 01 Jun 2016, 04:05

40 dollars is a cheap way out of being stranded in emergeny. And cheaper than ruining a lithium pack attempting to get home regardless!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 01 Jun 2016, 21:57

thats true - i just said 40 dollars - but first - they wont even do it - then if they sit there for a hour - thats more like 200 dollars - they are loosing money -

but no one will do it anyway - it was when i had lead before i went to lithium - - it wasnt the end of the world because i was in the city - if it was that bad - i could jump in a bus for real and make it home - - or i can jump in a supermarket maybe or something to plug in there -

i wasnt too near those places and wasnt too far from home - maybe 30 blocks - far enough - but not 22 miles away :) i just never though no one would have just let me plug in for a hour - or even 30 mins - i would have been fine - i made it home either way - very slow

when i get a chance i have to get a new video in order upload it to Youtube - today nothing special or different on the video -
expresso

Postby expresso » 03 Jun 2016, 05:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBZDpBk2TFs

i cut the video into parts - or else its very long - i will add the rest as Youtube finishes processing them - this is part 1 of 3 parts - - a few days ago -

if you want to watch more as i get them up on youtube - subscribe to the channel - i will post the links here also - but in case i miss some here - they will be there

these are nothing special - i turn the camera on when i leave and just leave it on the whole time - you will see some of the same areas often because i travel usually the same block - ave to cut across - this is my new camera which i am sure wont look that great on youtube - but its ALOT better than the digital camera i was using - i only paid 58 dollars for this one - great deal if it lasts - but not good in the dark - night etc, - its not made for that - as long as you have light - Sun - it works pretty good for the money -

this was a few days ago -- i will try to get different areas as i go - will try to get bridges as i cross them - and if i can - will use the seat lift to get all the way up and then go slow across over the bridges - if i have the patience to go that slow for a few miles :)
expresso

Postby expresso » 03 Jun 2016, 05:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnCkiCCZnTU

part 3 will be done tomorrow for this trip - enjoy

its been compressed alot - the real video is ALOT Clearer - sharper than these i put on Youtube - i have to see if i can find a good place to upload the full resolution -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 03 Jun 2016, 10:25

Interesting. That chair seems very harsh, rattles and shakes over pavements etc. That would send my spasm mad. Are you using solid tyres and small casters?

Watch how soft my large caster wheels are, these give a smooth ride that doesent set off my spasm!

15 psi too hard old chair http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/curb.mp4
6 psi http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/10.wmv

No rattling about smooth ride.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 03 Jun 2016, 16:01

the roads are not smooth - but how ever it looks - trust me - its the best ride i had in a wheelchair - very comfortable even over bumpy area - now it all depends how big or bad the road is also - but compared to my P222se chair - with the ADD ON - now that chair is a truck - thats a rough ride

not this chair - it will move but the suspension on it is Great if you ask me - the casters are 8 x 2 inch with suspension forks - do a great job - and the frame has a pair of shocks with spring on them - the rear tires are a much softer rubber compared to the P222se chair - that chair has harder feeling tires on the Rear -

when the roads are smooth - its that much better :D
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 03 Jun 2016, 16:03

You need to go for a 40 mile drive!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 03 Jun 2016, 18:53

Burgerman wrote:You need to go for a 40 mile drive!

yes i am going to shoot for that one day - when weather is nice - will be alone - i will see if i can make it there and use only 20 miles one way - then i feel safe that i can make it back another 20 and not get too low for the cells right ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqBrnNhvcGo

part 3 - and another one also - i have two more ride days to process - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i68vhzVnZZA

should i wear those teeth at the wedding i have to go in a few hours ?
expresso

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair