Christopher and Dana Reeve Power Wheelchair Comparisons 2016

Powerchair or Mobility Equipment Reviews! Start a new thread with DESCRIPTIVE TITLE for each new review.

WEBSITE REVIEWS HERE (Scroll Down): www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Christopher and Dana Reeve Power Wheelchair Comparisons 2016

Postby F3Head » 16 Aug 2016, 21:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khFtGqVMjDQ

Christopher and Dana Reeve Power Wheelchair Comparisons August 2016

FYI F3HEAD
F3Head

Re: Christopher and Dana Reeve Power Wheelchair Comparisons

Postby MenCallMeGimpy » 16 Aug 2016, 22:55

Nice find!

So far, it looks like they only have reviews for the Sunrise Q710 , Bounder, and Permobil F3 up on YouTube. Hopefully, they'll get the rest of the ones they tested up soon.
MenCallMeGimpy

Postby Burgerman » 17 Aug 2016, 09:33

Seems like they don't review chairs, mostly seating. Kind of like promotional stuff from each manufacturer.

But while the reviews are not very helpful, pages like this are very enlightening... https://www.christopherreeve.org/blog/s ... on-worsens
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 24 Aug 2016, 10:54

Burgerman wrote:... pages like this are very enlightening... https://www.christopherreeve.org/blog/s ... on-worsens
That horrible, made my toes curl (metaphorically speaking).
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby Sully » 26 Aug 2016, 15:35

Yes Irving, Those not so thoroughly approved practices are scary indeed. Every time I get thinking the approval process is entirely too slow, I just think of all the "law-suits" against the drug companies have placed against them, that is usually when I realize that in the case of these drugs or processes; they probably weren't long enough. It is the long after problems that are started when the process or drug was taken, that is the problem. And understanding these often takes many years. I myself do not think every process or drug should be evaluated exactly the same as seems to be the way this is done today.

A dear friend of mine was a color matcher for an Industrial finish company. The chemicals in these finishes Epoxy based aromatic chemicals, destroyed many cells in his brain. This took many years working for this company, like almost 50 years. Shortly after he retired (62yrs) he was walking down a sidewalk in Florida when he just fell down and was unable to ever stand or walk on his own again. He was one of the most humorous, full of life, people and clever people I personally ever knew. So many of the chemicals/medicines we create have so very long term effects, especially maintenance drugs or in this case permanent processes, many can never be truly lifetime use. evaluated.

Using treatments that have NOT ever been tested at all or extremely short term testing for lifetime maintenance stuff is extremely risky, and foolish. The guy in the story was foolish and looking for somewhat of a miracle! Not likely going to happen 99.9% of the time.

Sully

Postby hobie1dog » 30 Aug 2016, 22:22

Burgerman wrote:
But while the reviews are not very helpful, pages like this are very enlightening... https://www.christopherreeve.org/blog/s ... on-worsens

I've been looking in to stem cell transplants. as there is only one place in the USA that does them for my CIDP disorder. They use your own stem cells they harvest first, then chemo your system, then replant your stem cells back in. My Neurologist says if it worked that it would be on the front cover of Neurology Today magazine, and he would have already sent me up there.

Thanks for the link, scary stuff.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby Sully » 31 Aug 2016, 14:40

hobi 1, The big thing is; you ASKED about this, and your doctor had balls enough to give you what I believe is his true and candid opinion. His points were well made.
Sully

Postby hobie1dog » 31 Aug 2016, 19:24

Sully wrote:hobi 1, The big thing is; you ASKED about this, and your doctor had balls enough to give you what I believe is his true and candid opinion. His points were well made.

There are blogs of people that have gone up to Northwestern University ( Chicago ) and put up that they were going through the chemo, and then their blog entries stop. I've only found 2 videos of people who went from wheelchairs to normal walking again. They have done 82 SCT's so far and said that 80 percent of the people were helped. It is 130K dollars, Medicare will pay 80 percent of it. I'm not sold on it and the chemo stories sound like hell.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby Sully » 31 Aug 2016, 22:34

Any one can say anything about anything at any time, that does not constitute any form of truth. "If you say it with speech, then it may be a lie. If you write it, it's fiction, either way not the truth. Our very lives depend on Doctor's, Universities, and health care corporation's telling us the truth. WE all know that every treatment for any malady, is not 100% successful 100% of the time

Sully

Return to Powerchair Reviews