Please help

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Please help

Postby Halfathumb » 20 Aug 2021, 08:06

Hello everyone

My name is Michelle and I’m new to this so need some help if possible, I brought my son a Quickie Q700 second hand and I need some help with the program, when the tilt or lift is used the chair still moves at full speed , I’ve read some bits on this site and there is something about a tortoise in red or orange , we have none of these on the display .
The chair is a rear wheel drive with the following
8 mph motors
120 amp
CJSM2 joystick
Lift
Tilt
Power footplate which goes in and out and up and down

I have a copy of the program from the chair which a chap gave me however I need this changed with the I believe they are called inhibits .

If possible can someone help me in changing this , I’ve spoken to this chap and he said if I can get it changed then he has a tool to put the program on the chair

Many thanks

Michelle
Halfathumb

Re: Please help

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 08:14

Let me look at the settings file that you refer to.

Post here.

Do you have a programmer?
If so take a copy of the profile from the chair and post that here too.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Halfathumb » 20 Aug 2021, 09:05

thank you for getting back to me here is the file
Attachments
CF14120519.R-net
(3.55 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Halfathumb

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 09:20

Yes... That wont work. All the drive inhibits are set to off (disabled) and if set to eact channel they are al set to 100 anyway.

I can send you a completely stock settings file.
I can send you my own one... I only use 2 profiles.
I can correct the speed and tilt inhibits...
Many people inc me disable them. I like to make the decisions rather than the chair restricting me.

As it is someone has modified all the speed settings, turn rates, turn accelerations/decelerations etc to suit them. Mine are all configured to suit me! And far more agressive and instant for more accurate turning and control.

You can IF you have a programmer use any of those. Or just configure yours however you want. As I do. But they are not cheap and take a little learning. If you dont have a programmer then you have to rely on someone elses settings and or guess...

Does your sone have normal hands and good coordination?
Does he use the joystick for input rather than head array or whatever?
Do you have a programmer?

To set everything up properly you really need a programmer or someone with one to spend a few hours getting it all as good as it can be for him. Someone like Rover220 on this forum for e.g.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 09:21

So is that file THE SAME as the one he is using now?
Is he OK with the way it steers and performs now?
Only problem being the lack of speed inhibits? I can sort that out easily.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Halfathumb » 20 Aug 2021, 09:29

hello again

he is ok with his hands and yes if you can send us the one from your chair that would be great and i do have a programmer here which ive borrowed

when he goes left or right its a bit sluggish especially on carpet but im sure your settings will sort that

thank you again
Halfathumb

Postby Halfathumb » 20 Aug 2021, 10:08

just a quick question how do i change the seat icons , if he wants to lift up the footrests its only showing 1 footrest on the screen same with the footrest going up and down
Halfathumb

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 10:40

You should first SAVE the stock settings that he is using now.

Question. 1. Is that file that you posted here directly from his chair? If not please post that.

I can send you my file if you want but you might find it a bit sudden! But since you have the programmer you can try it and then replace it.

The reason its sluggish starting a turn is fourfold.
1. Its too nose heavy. Please read this first couple of posts here VERY CAREFULLY. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10467&p=171033#p171026 and then read it all again and ask me if you have any questions.
2. The 8mph motors have much less torque. (Tork is "twisting" power) You need a LOT of torque on a rear drive chair. Since the user is sat over the front casters - far too far forwards. Making the chair much too nose heavy.
3. The seperate swing away footrests have to be a long way forwards so your sons heels miss the front casters as you reverse. A CENTRE footrest allows his heels to sit further back between casters. And that allows 4 bolts to be moves and the whole seat moved back a bit. That takes the weight off the front casters and now it steers much better. Less torque required. It also makes the whole chair shorter and more manoeverable.
4. Programming. Read this very carefully. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8035

I await your chairs EXISTING file that is in use right now. And I will sort out several things. And explain what to you.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 10:45

just a quick question how do i change the seat icons , if he wants to lift up the footrests its only showing 1 footrest on the screen same with the footrest going up and down

Also easy.

See image. You can name each function (left footrest?) and choose what graphic goes with each actuator/channel.

Go to where its showing on the left menu and double click each channel. Choose image, Click on the image itself, rename if you want, and send to chair. I always get these wrong and end up doing it a dozen times but get there in the end. Its one of thse things thats tons easier with the chair there too.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Halfathumb » 20 Aug 2021, 11:32

Hello again

The file I sent you before is the one from his chair , if you can send me your file then I can try it out

Thank you for helping me
Halfathumb

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 12:57

Theres some diffrences because of different motors. For e.g I use different motor. I ordered 6mph motors because I wanted better turning and more torque which is one of the things you are complaining about. So I would sooner modify both yours and mine and make a new profile combining both lots of settings.

Give me some time.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 13:12

This is a STOCK profile, as delivered. It wont steer well. And it uses the gyro. Which makes it worse.

Try it. But be ready to use a new one when I upload.

This is my STOCK settings profile. It will steer badly. It SHOULD have the correct seating graphics and names. I cant test that and I have altered it because I have a single centre plate. Its also got correct motor settings for the 8MPH chair. So motor compensation and speedometer settings etc.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 13:13

Once you test and tell me what the seating does, display, and what if anything is wrong then I will make it steer and turn in place better.
Attachments
STOCK FACTORY Q700R 8mph.R-net
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Halfathumb » 20 Aug 2021, 13:13

Ok but can you still send me your for now so he can go off and see how it is

Thanks
Halfathumb

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 13:14

No it wont work, different motors. So I edited mine, above. READ and then try.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Halfathumb » 20 Aug 2021, 13:16

Hello again

Or can you set the inhibits for me on the program I sent you please
Halfathumb

Postby Halfathumb » 20 Aug 2021, 13:28

I’ve put the program on and the tortoise is flashing red with the seat down and tilt down , if that’s an issue then can you just adjust the steering part on the program I sent you first

Thank you
Halfathumb

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 13:46

It is?

Its all but impossible to do this without being there. That was the stock 700R settings... With tiny adjustments to account for the diferent motors. Why does that not work? Dunno! It should.

So I cant help without having that chair here to look at as I test things.

Put your original setting file back on.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 13:48

Something different. Maybe original owner has wired the tilt switch out of circuit or something. Need to see it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Halfathumb » 20 Aug 2021, 13:54

Can you just sort the steering setting fo me for the moment please
Halfathumb

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 13:54

I will have a go at fixing your original file.

Patience!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Halfathumb » 20 Aug 2021, 14:02

Ok thank you …. You not what kids are like there inpatient
Halfathumb

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 14:19

This is YOUR profle/settings.

On all of your profiles the gyro is active. And that makes it steer very weird.

I added a profile 6. Called All Speeds. Set to low speed, and test that if it all works.
On profile 6 you can go from super slow to full speed. NO GYRO. Just select speed. You should not need any other profiles. And if that works you can disable PROFILES 12345...

I also set the inhibits to on. That may cause your red light and no go. If so I cant fix this without seeing it. But it *should* work.

All that should remain is to set the right images to go with each seating function.
Attachments
CF14120519-modded.R-net
(3.49 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 20 Aug 2021, 15:29

Can't help but feel this is a good example of why manufacturers don't like end users having access to oem.
rover220

Postby steves1977uk » 20 Aug 2021, 16:21

I have to agree with rover, OEM is not for anyone who is unfamiliar how powerchairs work. It takes a long time to understand what each setting does and how it's related to other stuff.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 20 Aug 2021, 19:22

Well I agree its going to be hard. To impossible if you dont undestand it. But I dont agree that big brother should be able to restrict any tools ever. Its not their job to decide on your ability. Or restrict any service parts either. Anyone can drop a V8 into their car, reprogram it, work on brakes etc. Its your life, your risk. Yes it may be too complex for the typical end user. But its up to them to decide. Their life, their choices. Lenny with his daughters complex needs for e.g would have been screwed without access. As would I.

But if I was halfathumb I would def get rover around or someone capable, since he would sort this in minutes realistically.
And because it could/may be any number of reasons its not working. That non of us can see.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment