Engage/disengage lever needed!

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Engage/disengage lever needed!

Postby saker98 » 10 Aug 2020, 08:47

Hi,

Does anyone have a engage/disengage lever that works, for sale?

Mine does not want to do anything. My only transportation is my chair and public transport. And occasionally I have found myself stranded on a bus because my lever was not working.

I can pay by PayPal for item plus postage.

Many thanks.
saker98

Re: Engage/disengage lever needed!

Postby saker98 » 10 Aug 2020, 09:23

saker98 wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have a quickie F55 engage/disengage lever that works, for sale?

Mine does not want to do anything. My only transportation is my chair and public transport. And occasionally I have found myself stranded on a bus because my lever was not working.

I can pay by PayPal for item plus postage.

Many thanks.
saker98

Postby Burgerman » 10 Aug 2020, 10:21

And WHY isnt it working? A new lever may not help?

Do you mean the cable? Or the lever? Or the part that does the brake release on the motor?

What is actually wrong with it? Frequently its out of adjustment. Sometimes the cable wasnt oiled and has siezed. Personally I grease those when new or they rust up.

If its just the lever, that can be swapped for a m6 long bolt. If its the mechanism, then it may need dissassembly and readjustment and serious cleaning and lube. If its the cable then it may need adjustment or replacement. Buy cable from bike shops. Etc.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby saker98 » 10 Aug 2020, 12:50

Burgerman wrote:And WHY isnt it working? A new lever may not help?

Do you mean the cable? Or the lever? Or the part that does the brake release on the motor?

What is actually wrong with it? Frequently its out of adjustment. Sometimes the cable wasnt oiled and has siezed. Personally I grease those when new or they rust up.

If its just the lever, that can be swapped for a m6 long bolt. If its the mechanism, then it may need dissassembly and readjustment and serious cleaning and lube. If its the cable then it may need adjustment or replacement. Buy cable from bike shops. Etc.

I now know that it could be the the part that does the brake release on the motor.

I have an F55 that had a full lift and tilt seat, of which I removed as it was not needed and way to heavy. Subsequently the chair was giving a flashing code error indicating a problem with a possible solenoid brake trip, so I tried to do what I did to my other chair by putting the two wires together ignoring the switch. When this did not work, I looked deeper into the problem in the forum and a possible resolution was to reprogram the PM to remove any inhibitors.

So at the moment it I can replace with an R-net 90amp that has been on an F55 before and re-solder the micro switch.

But still need a replacement for another F55 as well.

Thank you John for putting thing in perspective and helping the thought process banghead

Regards
saker98

Postby Burgerman » 10 Aug 2020, 19:20

What you need to do is examine it to see where the issue is. Then fix that part! It may just need adjustment to cable ength like a bike brake.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby gcebiker » 11 Aug 2020, 07:14

I have an F55 that had a full lift and tilt seat, of which I removed as it was not needed and way to heavy. Subsequently the chair was giving a flashing code error indicating a problem with a possible solenoid brake trip, so I tried to do what I did to my other chair by putting the two wires together ignoring the switch. When this did not work, I looked deeper into the problem in the forum and a possible resolution was to reprogram the PM to remove any inhibitors.

In removing the seat (with two actuators) the controller is expecting to 'see' 2 actuators, reprogramming will fix this issue.

Often shorting wires on their own wont work as the system is expecting to see slight resistance.
Some where on the forum someone points this out...possibly woody or one of the other brains trust guys/girls.

A resistor in series, in place of where the linear actuators were attached should trick the system into thinking they are attached....and then you have an issue if you actually use the actuators that are not actually attached, dump a lot of current through that resistor...it gets hot and oh well...you see where i am going.
Better to get it reprogrammed or put the seat back on.
http://greenmobility.com.au/rc-wheelchair-controller/
My YouTube Ch -- https://www.youtube.com/user/gcebiker
gcebiker

Postby saker98 » 11 Aug 2020, 19:04

Hi and thank you everyone for your replies

I have solved the problem for now;

I Put a R-Net 90amp PM and just left the two wires together and all is well.

I will have a go soldering the micro switch and reprogram the Pilot Plus 80amp PM when I get time.

Thanks
saker98

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment