Wanted: Magic Mobility X4 parts

No Commercial sellers please, unless of particular interest and with permission!

MAIN WEBSITE: www.wheelchairdriver.com

Wanted: Magic Mobility X4 parts

Postby lewisriverred » 22 Aug 2020, 00:42

Looking to buy a used Magic Mobility X4 for parts. I recently started the process of rebuilding the Magic Mobility X4 and I'm having a hard time finding parts.
To get back up and running I need
Axles to replace the one I bent and the one I cut off when talking off the hubs (lesson learned to use anti-sieze).

Secondly, I'm ready to buy a used Magic Mobility X4 to have as backup and start upgrading the battery system and motors.

So that brings me to just going down the motor route right now and buying four motors that would fit the X4 chassis. I'm willing to dive into new electronics as well but ideally I'd just get motors that swap for now, then get another chair to build so I'm not stuck on pavement for very long.

If anyone can help me down the process of getting some bad-ass high torque motors I'd really appreciate it. Also just replacement axles for the Fracmo 90° gearbox.
lewisriverred

Re: Wanted: Magic Mobility X4 parts

Postby swalker » 23 Aug 2020, 23:54

I can't help you with a used X4. In the last 5 years I have only seen 1 for sell and I bought it:).

I get my parts from Donald Krebs at Access To Recreation. I was referred to him by the folks at Innovation In Motion, who are the US distributors of the Magic Mobility products. He has been very helpful. I have not bought anything from him in awhile, so don't know if he is still in the business. I think it would be worth a check, though.

His email is dkrebs@accesstr.com

He was knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Steve
Permobil F5 Corpus 3G
Permobil C500s VS
Permobil C500 Corpus 3G
Permobil C350 Corpus 3G
Magic Mobility X4 with 176 Ah LiFePO4
swalker

Postby lewisriverred » 26 Aug 2020, 00:21

Yes, I was able to purchase an electromagnetic brake from him about 6 years ago. Thank you for the recommendation, I can't believe you responded to my post, I just got done reading all of your posts on the ALS forum regarding your X4 battery upgrade.

If I can find replacement working motors, I'm most definitely going to follow your guidance along with the info on this forum to upgrade the battery system.

If you happen to get wind of any Fracmo gearbox axles, let me know.
lewisriverred

Postby shirley_hkg » 26 Aug 2020, 01:13

Steve , have you fixed the hexadecimal cap-in counter yet ?
:wave: cheers drunk2
shirley_hkg

Postby swalker » 28 Aug 2020, 21:55

lewisriverred: Glad you were able to read about it on the ALSForums. That forum has been a great resource for me!

Oddly enough, I also bought an electro magnetic brake assembly for my X4 from Access To Recreation(about 5 years ago). When I bought the X4, it was a derilict. It had no batteries and the wiring was quite messed up. The leg canes were terribly bent, each tire had over 100 cactus needles in them, and the fiberglass shroud was broken in several places. I only paid $500 for the X4, because it was in really bad shape and I could not check to even see if it would power up.

My friend and I spent quite a bit of time getting it back to a working state. There are still things wrong with it, but I just live with those things for now:).

If you have not yet seen it, you can also check out this thread about my X4 lithium conversion. https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/ ... f=2&t=8642

shirley_hkg: I assume you are asking about the time that I had a mysterious readout for the Capacity In field on the PL8 after charging the X4 wheelchair. One possibility was that it was displaying the Capacity In as hex rather than decimal. I talked to Revolectrix about that and they were unable to confirm that it was a hex display and could never figure out why it did what it did. It has only done it that one time, which is over a year ago now. If it ever does it again, it is easy enough for me to convert hex to decimal.

Here is a picture of the readout. If we interpret it as hex, A5 would be 165 decimal, which is about the value I would have expected for that charge cycle. I had done an endurance test on the chair with the 176 Ah pack and the pack was very, very discharged (lower than I will ever go again).

Steve
Attachments
20190425_093826.jpg
Permobil F5 Corpus 3G
Permobil C500s VS
Permobil C500 Corpus 3G
Permobil C350 Corpus 3G
swalker

Postby lewisriverred » 17 Nov 2020, 02:08

I'm still going to rebuild the X4. But now I have this in the mean time! :o

Magic Mobility X8!

Just delivered from Innovation in Motion. My dealer was All Terrain Medical & Mobility. The funding came from a GoFundMe campaign. :thumbup:

I'll be starting a new thread dedicated to the X8, because there's some after market upgrades I want to make.

If you have comments regarding which motors to purchase for the X4 rebuild, I'd still love to hear from you.
lewisriverred

Postby swalker » 17 Nov 2020, 04:33

shirley_hkg wrote: Steve , have you fixed the hexadecimal cap-in counter yet ?
:wave: cheers drunk2

Shirley_hkg: I am sorry to have not provided an update sooner. I think I have figured out what was going on with the "hexidecimal" display on the PL8. It is NOT hexidecimal.

It appears that the PL8 simply takes the value that needs to be displayed and then offsets that into the position in the ASCII table relative to where the 0 digit resides.

This works fine for the digits 0 through 9, but falls apart for anything above 9. Instead of displaying the appropriate digit, it displays the symbol in the ASCII table at the positions higher than 9.

For example, "A" has an ASCII decimal value of 65. "0" has an ASCII decimal value of 48. Thus, the value the PL8 is trying to display is 65-48 = 17.

I have only confirmed this behavior on one of my two PL8s.

Here is what that PL8 means when it displays a symbol in the leftmost position of the CAP IN field:

: => 10
    ; => 11
    < => 12
    = => 13
    > => 14
    ? => 15
    @ => 16
    A => 17
    B => 18
    C => 19
    D => 20
    E => 21
    F => 22
    G => 23
    H => 24

Steve
Permobil F5 Corpus 3G
Permobil C500s VS
Permobil C500 Corpus 3G
Permobil C350 Corpus 3G
swalker

Postby Burgerman » 17 Nov 2020, 14:03

Latest firmware fixes the capacity cap that was 100Ah.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby swalker » 17 Nov 2020, 22:48

To be clear, it charges to a capacity in value above 100 amp hours just fine. It is only the capacity in display that is odd above 100 amp hours.

Steve
Permobil F5 Corpus 3G
Permobil C500s VS
Permobil C500 Corpus 3G
Permobil C350 Corpus 3G
swalker

Postby Burgerman » 17 Nov 2020, 23:22

The latest firmware was suppossed to fix exactly that!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Buy/Sell Mobility Equipment